Slipped through the Cracks - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So where does our union stand on this? With all due respect, Palacio, this isn’t who we are or what we represent. Our officers, for the most part, generally conduct themselves in a professional manner and wouldn’t threaten children like this officer did.
    You cannot, with good conscience, support this or defend her disgraceful actions. You claim to be a man of God and a representative of our officers. You need to step up and do right by the workforce, profession, department, school district and children and denounce her actions, which do not align with the values, principles and beliefs of our agency and union.
    Do go silent. Be a voice of courage and find the moral compass and take a stand. If not, you’re just as wrong as she is and your silence is deafening and a part of the bigger problem.
    Waiting on Palacio....
    So Palacio, still hiding about this? How could you ever be silent about such police misconduct? Come out, come out wherever you are, fat boy...here's a burger. If you were a real leader with integrity, values and ethics, you would denounce this piece of trash for her disgusting behavior. You're nothing but a fat coward, who finally got what he wanted...for himself...an even more cushy position.

Unregistered
    So Palacio, still hiding about this? How could you ever be silent about such police misconduct? Come out, come out wherever you are, fat boy...here's a burger. If you were a real leader with integrity, values and ethics, you would denounce this piece of trash for her disgusting behavior. You're nothing but a fat coward, who finally got what he wanted...for himself...an even more cushy position.
    And he’s always had a big cushion with his big fat butt. It’s true Palacio, where do you stand on this pig and her misconduct?

Unregistered
    Okay and before you accuse me of being Palacio, I'm not. I am concerned though about this. In the end, whether you like her or not.or if she's a liar. Or if she is a bad cop. Or if you are just the command staff trying to get your way, she has right to due process. I have been on the trail end of being suspended for months and at the time, or chief was a tyrant. I hope that never happens to you. The union president should not have to decide whether or not to defend a member, he should defend every member thev same. The minute you n allow him to choose, we are all screwed. You new people who haven't been here long enough have a very self righteous way of looking at things. I hope that with times your views change.

Unregistered
    Okay and before you accuse me of being Palacio, I'm not. I am concerned though about this. In the end, whether you like her or not.or if she's a liar. Or if she is a bad cop. Or if you are just the command staff trying to get your way, she has right to due process. I have been on the trail end of being suspended for months and at the time, or chief was a tyrant. I hope that never happens to you. The union president should not have to decide whether or not to defend a member, he should defend every member thev same. The minute you n allow him to choose, we are all screwed. You new people who haven't been here long enough have a very self righteous way of looking at things. I hope that with times your views change.
    The evidence appears to be overwhelmingly against her. Her conduct seems beyond reproach, unprofessional, unacceptable and perhaps even criminal - not sure.
    This isn’t about due process - she’s entitled to that, I agree. This is about our union and it’s president issuing a stance on what we, as a profession, agency, school system and labor group are and what our values reflect.
    This isn’t about who likes her or dislikes her. Have you seen the video? What if that was your child who was threatened? Who would want her in a school? There’s no excuse or defense for her conduct - period. She acted like a savage and a complete animal.
    Your argument is moot and your point of reference to your prior situation, whatever it is, or was, irrelevant and beside the point.
    Finally, your lecturing and admonishing of the newer officers, who by the way, make up a significant population of our department also falls on deaf ears.
    With just a few exceptions, the veteran officers, most of the tenured supervisors and nearly ALL of the command staff are less than impressive.
    So again, it’s time our President and Chief take a stance on this officer and her unacceptable behavior.
    I would recommend making every effort to “39” or “Prior To” her, with termination, resignation and decertification being the end goal.
    By the way, if this is Palacio, I’m speaking right to you.

Unregistered
    That may very well be the final destination of her case, but in the meantime you guys are trying to bait the president to come out and give a position on her case. Bottom line if he came out and commented on her case, I would be poised because whats to stop him from commenting on yours or mine tomorrow. It's simply not that time yet. So my question is we're you there when she made those comments? If you were, you are a horrible 15 and didn't keep 13 people off of her and surrounding her. Her own rook had his baton out. Stop Monday morning quarter backing other cops. I hope it's you one day in her spot. Leave her alone. Leave Moore alone. Leave Palacio alone . Leave the command staff alone. Stay in your lane

Unregistered
    All about due process and affording it to everyone; however, in some instances, persons in leadership, be it department, labor group, etc., must take a stance, and do so preemptively, especially in the most egregious cases such as this. We cannot, and should not, be silent.
    Spare us all the rubbish and nonsense about keeping students off her. You’re just falling back on the proverbial police jargon and excuses, we always use and abuse. You obviously need to learn Constitutional Law.
    Those students are free to go about their business and travel to and from school, without the interference of us [police]. They can assemble, exercise free speech, walk, talk, stop and go about their normal and lawful day to day business, which is all they were doing. They are protected from harassment, illegal search, seizure, detention and arrest. The government, and its officers, cannot exercise too much authority over American citizens, because there is an expectation for police to treat the public, including students, fairly and keep them safe. It is our foremost responsibility to protect the public, an often difficult task, and that includes protecting the public’s Constitutional and Civil Rights.
    Yes, we often encounter challenging situations as a matter of duty, but we are trained to respect and comply with Constitutional, federal and state laws. What that video footage contains is a gross violation of our training, and does not align with the values, ethics and principles of our department, profession and school system. It’s actually very concerning and uncomfortable to view, especially during a time of police and criminal justice reform, but you probably have your head stuck in the sand.
    Nevertheless, during a police encounter, emotions can escalate; however, that doesn’t excuse police from exceeding their lawful powers and harassing citizens. What if these were your sons or daughters?
    The Constitution’s 5th and 14th amendments prohibit all levels of government, which include us, the police, from unfairly or arbitrarily depriving individuals of their rights to life, liberty, and property.
    I didn’t need to be there to ascertain all the information which one would need to understand what took place. Thankfully, cellular phone camera footage did that for us because if we are to rely on police reports exclusively, it’s been proven, time and time again, that law enforcement often lies. In this case, I’m of the understanding she allegedly didn’t write a report.
    As far as a “15” she should be glad I wasn’t there because no reasonably prudent, professional and responsible police officer, or adult, for that matter, much less a parent, would accept or allow such reckless, irresponsible and concerning behavior to be directed toward children.
    No parent should feel comfortable knowing the police officer assigned to their child’s school, acted as she did. No principal should want an officer like what we witnessed assigned to their school. No Chief should want an officer under their command, who behaved like we saw in the video. No police union President can put forward a legitimate argument in defending what was reported in the media.
    We are better than this.

Unregistered
    So. You are exactly what is wrong with this generation. You are no better than the public at large. My guess is you are brand new, think you are a lawyer. Jumping to conclusions. You don't want to be judged but you are able to judge another. What gives you the right? My other guess is that you are a racist maybe you don't like hatians. Who knows. My final answer is you are worst of all a cop who can't stand his own people and think he can do the job of officer sergant leutenent and command staff even though he just started. This isnt a video game you darn millenial. This is real life and her millisecond decision maybe will cost her job and may be rightful so. I just hope you get measured with the same ruler when it happens to you. Karma is a cold biatch. That's all about that, take your opinion and walk no more from now my ears are deaf to your shiiiit

Unregistered
    So. You are exactly what is wrong with this generation. You are no better than the public at large. My guess is you are brand new, think you are a lawyer. Jumping to conclusions. You don't want to be judged but you are able to judge another. What gives you the right? My other guess is that you are a racist maybe you don't like hatians. Who knows. My final answer is you are worst of all a cop who can't stand his own people and think he can do the job of officer sergant leutenent and command staff even though he just started. This isnt a video game you darn millenial. This is real life and her millisecond decision maybe will cost her job and may be rightful so. I just hope you get measured with the same ruler when it happens to you. Karma is a cold biatch. That's all about that, take your opinion and walk no more from now my ears are deaf to your shiiiit
    “You are no better than the public at large”
    ~ anonymous idiot coworker
    Correct. I am not, in fact, I am the public and serve the public and, unlike you, I don’t feel being a police officer affords any more, or any less, authority. You, on the other hand, like so many others who cling to their badge for identity, are entitled and feel empowered with authority. That’s the “thin blue line“ that, often times, marks the boundaries for police misconduct, abuse of authority and why we are viewed in negative light with the public.
    “Racist!”
    ~ anonymous idiot coworker
    No. Quite the opposite. I feel if those had been white children, things would have already taken the right course and she would have hopefully been arrested or terminated or both. In fact, what’s more alarming is this case involves a black female officer, which is more concerning, disturbing and upsetting. Could you imagine if it were a white male officer? No race card here to be pulled.
    You sound frustrated and your defense of this officer, and her actions, is empty, because there is no defense. She should be fired, if not arrested and decertified, if possible.
    You’ve conveniently avoided the question as it if this were your child who was treated like those children were, but that’s to be expected. You probably think the rules and laws don’t apply to you, as a police officer.
    Save your brainless bantering and lecturing for someone else or, direct it at the incompetent supervision and leadership (sergeants, lieutenants and command staff) who could have, and should, have done better in this case, and previous cases, involving this officer.
    Finally, I’m far from a lawyer, but I know every citizen, including young black males, enjoy Constitutional and Civil Rights and no one, not even a police officer, can trample upon those rights.

Unregistered

Cowboy up

Papo,
    All you keyboard law experts know absolutely nothing...zero..nada,
    Of what it takes to he a LEO today.
    Dude,
    These "students" are not Guiliver Academy scholars...
    They be thugs...they need to be treated as such.

This officer tried to do what their crack ho mommas failed to instill in them at an early age...RESPECT!

You'll are a bunch of snowflakes....butch up. Be a real cop.
    And yes, she merits the full support of the union and frankly....
    You bozos too.

Unregistered
    Papo,
    All you keyboard law experts know absolutely nothing...zero..nada,
    Of what it takes to he a LEO today.
    Dude,
    These "students" are not Guiliver Academy scholars...
    They be thugs...they need to be treated as such.

This officer tried to do what their crack ho mommas failed to instill in them at an early age...RESPECT!

You'll are a bunch of snowflakes....butch up. Be a real cop.
    And yes, she merits the full support of the union and frankly....
    You bozos too.
    You’re an idiot. Here’s what little it actually takes to be a LEO today:
    A high school diploma or GED
    Be at least 21 years of age upon completing probationary period
    Be a US citizen
    Pass a physical agility test
    Pass criminal background check
    Pass approved FLA CJSTC academy

Those aren’t exactly very high standards, you moron. In fact, they’re actually fairly low because this job (it’s not a profession) is made for marginally intelligent people to do the work.

The officer deserves absolutely no support from the union, our department and the school system. She acted like a savage animal and not a respectful adult and/or authority figure.

Your racist dog whistles of referring to parents as “crackheads” and the minors as “thugs” are blowing loud and clear.

She’s a disgrace. A pig. She should be terminated and decertified, if not arrested, as well.

Take your “thin blue line” LEO BS banner rhetoric and shove it. Save all that garbage about us being brave hero's, how demanding this job is and the mettle required is nonsense.
    You might think you learned the art of effective or persuasive speaking, writing and compositional techniques in some low budget police academy class or report writing with your FTO, but you don’t persuade anyone who knows the truth about this Mickey Mouse job.

Police officer aside, I’m a parent first and I would never let anyone, LEO, teacher, family member or random arse stranger, handle my child in the manner that officer did to those children. She, and anyone who supports her filthy mouth, unprofessional demeanor and unthinkable actions, which likely violated department policy, LEO code of ethics, school board rules, and maybe even state laws (not sure with this SAO), not to mention decency, values and principles, has no place on this agency or doing this work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast