COLA coming back? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    P.S. I hope your ball sack shrivels up into something that resembles a dried out prune, like you see in trail mix.
    Your mom loved my wrinkled sack especially when I tea bag her...so now STFU.

Unregistered
    Oh, I see we have a DemOcrap on board. I see your hero Pelosi fell into some dodo last night but keep believing Trump wont still be your President..GFY, jack wagon.
    Politics....you morons fall for these idiots who are raping us, stealing from social security. passing out billions to other countries and spewing B.S. to all of us while lining their pockets....now run along and cheerlead for these morons.

Unregistered
    Boca has a 2% COLA for every year after retirement.

Unregistered
    Boca has a 2% COLA for every year after retirement.
    FRS has 3 %, only if you were lucky enough to get it. Are they hiring?

Unregistered
    The GOP is basically trying to kill off pensions and put new hires into an investment plan. While the sworn still default into the pension plan when hired, all of the civilians are defaulted into the investment plan. The sworn get one chance to change over to the investment plan. Once you change, you cannot change back. Those who choose to remain in the pension plan will NOT get a COLA in their retirement years. Furthermore, the pension will be based on an average of 8 years of salary.

I recommend that you stick with the pension plan. When you get ready to retire or change career, contact a retirement representative and have them run the numbers to see if it is better to stay in the pension plan or switch to the investment plan before retiring.

The GOP has pretty much gutted the benefits of the pension system in order to favor the investment plan. The key benefit of the investment plan is that you're no longer trapped by a system that keeps you locked in the FRS for 30 years. Under the investment plan, you can go to work in another state, go federal, or go private, and you will be able to take your investment retirement plan with you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345