Unbiased Opinions on SPPD?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Unbiased Opinions on SPPD?

Hey everyone, I am a 21 y/o male who just started the application process for SPPD. Just got out college. Lived in St. Pete all my life. Is there anyone currently employed who is younger and can possibly give me an unbiased opinion on working there? I’ve read thread going back to 2015 and it seems to be officers(?) who are prejudice or have negative connotations about minorities. Is the work environment like this? Or are these just the older officers who are stuck in their old ways? Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey everyone, I am a 21 y/o male who just started the application process for SPPD. Just got out college. Lived in St. Pete all my life. Is there anyone currently employed who is younger and can possibly give me an unbiased opinion on working there? I’ve read thread going back to 2015 and it seems to be officers(?) who are prejudice or have negative connotations about minorities. Is the work environment like this? Or are these just the older officers who are stuck in their old ways? Thanks
    SPPD needs young leaders like you to take over and push the old racist thinking out. Do not identify yourself on this message board. The racists would target you for sure. Contact hiring personnel IN PERSON and let them know you are the one who posted this so you can be fast tracked through the process. Your courage in stepping up is appreciated.

Unregistered
    SPPD needs young leaders like you to take over and push the old racist thinking out. Do not identify yourself on this message board. The racists would target you for sure. Contact hiring personnel IN PERSON and let them know you are the one who posted this so you can be fast tracked through the process. Your courage in stepping up is appreciated.
    Thank you... but I know what transpired on forums does not necessarily show as apparently in the actually work environment. So I was curious as to if the officers of SPPD are truly this expressive while on the job? Or if there is internal prejudice towards minority officers? I wouldn’t want to work for any other department... St. Pete is my city so I want to stay but I was trying to gauge the feel of how the younger officers perceive the morale and treatment by the veteran officers.

Unregistered
    This is Hilarious !!!!

Unregistered
    This is Hilarious !!!!
    I’m confused...why is this hilarious?

Unregistered

Thumbs up

• I am a 21 y/o male who started the application process for SPPD...
    • Officers are prejudice or have negative connotations about minorities...
    • Older officers stuck in their ways...
    You drank sugary racist cool-aid.

Unregistered
    You drank sugary racist cool-aid.
    I think you’re assuming that I’m black based off the Kool-Aid* comment which would 1. Be incorrect and 2. Be reinforcing the negativity and prejudice that I was already aware of. I’m actually White-Cuban if you were really curious. And believe it or not anyone who is against racial prejudice is not necessarily that race or ethnicity.
    As I figured it would be hard to get a serious response here. I appreciate the person who actually said something worthwhile. I’m still applying... hopefully the blatant racists will be on the way to retirement soon.

Unregistered
    Don't fall for troll bait

Unregistered
    "Hi. I'm young and I know everything. I have read every post since 2015 and I already know it's a racist department but I applied anyways because me and Elizabeth Warren are going to fix the world....blah blah blah"

Yeah, two people fell for it, Chad. Go back to your comic books

Unregistered
    "Hi. I'm young and I know everything. I have read every post since 2015 and I already know it's a racist department but I applied anyways because me and Elizabeth Warren are going to fix the world....blah blah blah"

Yeah, two people fell for it, Chad. Go back to your comic books
    I never said it was a racist department... Unfortunately there are racists everywhere and not much can be done about that. I was wondering the the prejudice reflects within the workplace as much as it does on these forums or if the anonymity allows those to say whatever they want. I put in my application today... will I have issues with hiring because of my heritage? And my name is Stefan by the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast