What is going on with HCSO?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

What is going on with HCSO?

Seems like everyone is jumping ship to TPD.

Unregistered
    As an HCSO deputy, I wonder if they’ve actually applied, or if they’re just running their mouths about leaving? But let me enlighten you.

30 years is too long to put up with all of HCSO’s bs. It’s too much nepotism, croneyism, narcissism, manipulation, lying, backstabbing, egomania, blackmail....just an overall hostile working environment.

Your pay is immensely better and you only have to work 20 years to get your retirement. That means I can have 10 years back to live my life.

You do police work. We coddle citizens.

Our agency has turned liberal, and we support every agenda that has nothing to do with law enforcement.

Our Sheriff’s inflated ego is making the office too small for the employees.

I can go on and on. It’s a sad state of affairs when 1-3 year deputies already hate their jobs and want to leave.

Unregistered
    I think TPD may find that if they started the senior deputies at a higher pay rate than step 3, they would be getting a large influx of already trained and established manpower. No one is happy at HCSO. You could be getting 10-15 year deputies if it weren’t such a high pay cut. Expecting someone to go from $86,000 to $60,000, is a high expectation. At this point in one’s career, they’re feeding families. But, you will get a large amount of 2-5 year deputies who are just starting out.

Unregistered
    Just look at their Gasparilla post... HCSO forced detectives who worked Gasparilla to only put down an 8 hour day although they worked 10 hours. That should tell you everything you need to know. Chronister thumbs his nose at federal law to short his own deputies who do all his work.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As an HCSO deputy, I wonder if they’ve actually applied, or if they’re just running their mouths about leaving? But let me enlighten you.

30 years is too long to put up with all of HCSO’s bs. It’s too much nepotism, croneyism, narcissism, manipulation, lying, backstabbing, egomania, blackmail....just an overall hostile working environment.

Your pay is immensely better and you only have to work 20 years to get your retirement. That means I can have 10 years back to live my life.

You do police work. We coddle citizens.

Our agency has turned liberal, and we support every agenda that has nothing to do with law enforcement.

Our Sheriff’s inflated ego is making the office too small for the employees.

I can go on and on. It’s a sad state of affairs when 1-3 year deputies already hate their jobs and want to leave.
    You are describing human behavior, which is universal. It's everywhere. Wherever there are people, you will have universal human behavior. No group of people is "miraculously exempt" from the human behavior that you described, except in fantasyland.

Unregistered
    Just look at their Gasparilla post... HCSO forced detectives who worked Gasparilla to only put down an 8 hour day although they worked 10 hours. That should tell you everything you need to know. Chronister thumbs his nose at federal law to short his own deputies who do all his work.
    That's a federal violation of law, unless they are asking you to comp it or to wash it out elsewhere.

Unregistered
    You are describing human behavior, which is universal. It's everywhere. Wherever there are people, you will have universal human behavior. No group of people is "miraculously exempt" from the human behavior that you described, except in fantasyland.
    You’re correct, but it’s magnified and amplified at HCSO. I’ve worked at several different places, including corporate America, and I’ve never seen anything like this. The fact that so many people want to leave, should tell you just how bad it is.

Unregistered

True TPD is better

TPD is a great agency. A career in law enforcement is what you make it. Show up to work on time, stay busy, answer calls, work your zone, stay out of drama, and everything will be good. TPD retirement is ONE OF A KIND.

Unregistered
    I think TPD may find that if they started the senior deputies at a higher pay rate than step 3, they would be getting a large influx of already trained and established manpower. No one is happy at HCSO. You could be getting 10-15 year deputies if it weren’t such a high pay cut. Expecting someone to go from $86,000 to $60,000, is a high expectation. At this point in one’s career, they’re feeding families. But, you will get a large amount of 2-5 year deputies who are just starting out.
    Between pension buy back and off duty you end up in a much better place even as a seasoned deputy. Buy your 2nd or 3rd year with off duty you should be well over HCSO pay.

Unregistered
    Take a look at our board, and you’ll have all the answers you need. It’s nothing but the brass bullying their employees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast