Hialeah mayor: City’s handling of cop busted in sex assault probe was ‘great’
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Hialeah mayor: City’s handling of cop busted in sex assault probe was ‘great’

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...239695463.html

Highlights:

“We have done everything, this office. From the moment he was arrested, he was terminated,” Hernández told the Miami Herald after a City Council meeting Tuesday night. “Everything was followed to the ‘t,’ where, thanks to the investigation of the city of Hialeah, the FBI was able to make an arrest.”
    Comment: Deciding to terminate an officer after an FBI arrest? Bold decision Mayor!

The chief called another journalist who has written about Menocal a “liar” and the mayor noted that the Herald had sent a “pretty, little” reporter with a “nice face” to cover the meeting.
    Comment: What an inappropriate thing to say to a reporter who is covering a story about sexual assault and sexual harrassment (cadets).

“To the victims, the city of Hialeah did its part to make sure that the arrest was made and now it’s up to the jury to find this officer guilty or not,” said Hernández when asked if he had any message to send to the women accusing Menocal.
    Comment: THAT is your message to the victims? Not only lacking in compassion but almost a touch of hostility.

Velázquez, who told the Herald the cadet had “fabricated” her story, refused to answer any other questions on the issue, and said the Herald’s reporting was false.
    “The situation your reporter has made with his half-truths, I’m not going to waste my time and address it, Ok? I’m done,” the police chief said. “He’s a liar,” the chief added.
    Comment: If the stories on inaccurate you have an obligation to correct them. "I’m not going to waste my time" is an obvious attempt to evade the issues.

Despite the mayor’s statement, the city has so far not released documents verifying that Velázquez informed federal authorities of Menocal’s alleged behavior.
    The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office released emails showing it referred the case to the Justice Department’s civil rights division in 2016 after declining to charge Menocal.

Comment: Despite the numerous stories and interviews, both Velasquez and Hernandez STILL refuse to say anything critical of Menocal's actions or show any compassion towards the victims. It's almost as if they are angry Menocal was arrested.
    I wonder why??

Unregistered
    Oklahoma City police handled Ofc. Holtzclaw case well. He’s serving life in prison.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oklahoma City police handled Ofc. Holtzclaw case well. He’s serving life in prison.
    That’s OKC this is Hialeah papa we do everything PMC (Por Mi Cojones) what’s the law if your connected

Unregistered

Velasquez allowed Menocal to prey on victims for 4 years

In this case we had an HPD employee committing crimes in HPD vehicles and on HPD property with HPD cameras with victims coming to HPD to file complaints naming the HPD cop
    Yet Velasquez needed 4 years to investigate and fired Menocal only after the FBI made the arrest.

Unregistered
    That’s OKC this is Hialeah papa we do everything PMC (Por Mi Cojones) what’s the law if your connected
    Claro aceres I know that, and we is to many people por que I was never in the “in” crowd. be it the pineapple of power during Bolańos reign or the circle jerkers Overton clique or the mafiosos in the scorpions inner circle. only a simple peon. I was just pointing out another case similar to Menocal and how it was handled and how the officer was eventually convicted.

Unregistered
    His Chief in OKC immediately suspended him and fired him 4 months later. They didn't need 4 years to investigate nor did they need to call the FBI.
    Velasquez is either incompetent or corrupt.

Unregistered
    His Chief in OKC immediately suspended him and fired him 4 months later. They didn't need 4 years to investigate nor did they need to call the FBI.
    Velasquez is either incompetent or corrupt.
    Actually he is both

Unregistered
    OKC Police Chief Citty said it's one of the worst abuses of authority he's seen in his 38 years.
    "He did a very good job of identifying victims that had records, that didn't want to go back to jail, that maybe he had a minor charge of 'em where he had the probable cause to take them to jail and book 'em. And he used that power over them," Citty said.

Hialeah Police Chief Velasquez: “The situation your reporter has made with his half-truths, I’m not going to waste my time and address it, Ok? I’m done,”

Unregistered
    What an embarrassment of police department, we are lower than sweetwater and opa locka as far as clown police.

Unregistered
    Jesse Menocal is the Kellen Winslow of Hialeah. Big juiced up roider who can easily get female companionship but somehow needs to go around raping vulnerable women who live on the fringes of society. Menocal isn’t the story anymore the story is how the department covered his tracks. The mayor and the chief keep saying that they assisted the FBI. No one detective who was infuriated at how she was blown off and intimidated by the department heads and Menocal at her 59s, she resigned and fled to another state. She kept copies of all her original reports not the ones the city has that were doctored by Clavijo and a select few goons, that detective went to the FBI. She is the real hero here. The department enabled Jesus Menocal Jr to continue using his position to get sexual gratification from cadets and females he made his officers pull over. The guy is sick. Like Kellen Winslow. Hopefully the FBI or someone does something about the cover up and why there was a cover up. Velasquez has about two years left in power. The fedérales need to do something before he can ride out into the sunset laughing his ass off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast