Scott Israel, lets not forget the airport.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregisteredonlyone

Scott Israel, lets not forget the airport.

Scott Israel continues to tell people that the deputy responded in 90 seconds and took down the subject. The only reason why the incident ended was because the subject ran out of ammunition. Again, where he continues to fail is where he truly believes that he can't prevent theses attacks. Well, this is where his incompetence is exposed. There were never any alterations of policies that would serve as preventive measures to prevent an attack. They may not be full-proof, but we'll never know, because his incompetent command staff didn't know how to apply these alternative procedures. Thats the problem. As Lori Alhdeff, who's daughter was killed at Stoneman said, "I realize what the problem here in Broward County is, they just don't know how". If you have never worked in another law enforcement environment, you don't see this, but when you see other major law enforcement institutions who have been evolving in their procedures, you realize how incompetent Scott Israel and his command staff are. Add to the fact that the response and mitigation was unacceptable, because Scott Israel and his command staff DIDN'T KNOW HOW!!!!!

Except for the few people who desperately need a job, do you really want Scott Israel and his buddies back leading this agency?

Unregisteredhedoes

Here's the problem

Here's the problem, Scott Israel doesn't know he's incompetent, neither do his Fort Lauderdale Buddies. They think in their warped minds that they were and still are great competent leaders. Don't beat yourself up trying to convince them on this board. The only thing we can hope for is they don't get back in.

Unregistered
    Mumbles will not be Sheriff again. We have dirt about this loser that will cause a shit storm in a month! #anyonebutscott

Unregistered
    Scotty should have been fired after the airport incident! 5 innocent people died ! When colonel pollan showed up he had no idea. He was a mere motor sergeant when he left Fort Lauderdale. Scotty boy never had a plan or a sit down with other agencies that could have assisted with the situation. Causing people to wait for hours on the tarmac and shutting down the airport. What an idiot and how embarrassing for the agency. He needs is ride off into the sunset and never look back. This is not a Republican/democratic thing. This is Scott Israel being incompetent

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredonlyone View Post
    Scott Israel continues to tell people that the deputy responded in 90 seconds and took down the subject. The only reason why the incident ended was because the subject ran out of ammunition. Again, where he continues to fail is where he truly believes that he can't prevent theses attacks. Well, this is where his incompetence is exposed. There were never any alterations of policies that would serve as preventive measures to prevent an attack. They may not be full-proof, but we'll never know, because his incompetent command staff didn't know how to apply these alternative procedures. Thats the problem. As Lori Alhdeff, who's daughter was killed at Stoneman said, "I realize what the problem here in Broward County is, they just don't know how". If you have never worked in another law enforcement environment, you don't see this, but when you see other major law enforcement institutions who have been evolving in their procedures, you realize how incompetent Scott Israel and his command staff are. Add to the fact that the response and mitigation was unacceptable, because Scott Israel and his command staff DIDN'T KNOW HOW!!!!!

Except for the few people who desperately need a job, do you really want Scott Israel and his buddies back leading this agency?
    This is an easy one, phuck you slime ball. Remember we want facts not your stupid opinion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is an easy one, phuck you slime ball. Remember we want facts not your stupid opinion.

All the facts are out, there’s a new Sheriff isn’t there? 🤣

Unregisteredfacysforyou

Give Us The Facts

Then give us the facts!!!!!!!

Unregistered

No change

Nothing has changed at the airport except for the command staff, like 3 times I think, I've lost count. Oh yeah and the Black Mold that doesn't allow us back in our office. I'm not referring to our sheriff I'm referring to actual black mold. I don't think the sheriff knows where the airport is, I've never seen him. Amazing leadership we have.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredonlyone View Post

You're kidding, right?

First of all, the BSO is not responsible for the security protocols at the FLHIA. That is the purview of the DHS/TSA and BCAD. The BSO simply carries out the policies and procedures established by others. Also, the BSO is a contractor to BCAD [Broward County Aviation Department], it does not run the airport.

Now, an airline released a firearm and ammunition to an arriving passenger, inside the terminal, without notifying either BCAD or the BSO. This means that the BSO had no knowledge of any pending threat, until the subject with the gun opened fire. Deputies immediately responded and arrived approximately 60 seconds after the shooting began. Not the Sheriff's fault.

So, what "alternative procedures" could the Sheriff have instituted, unilaterally? Remember, the BSO is simply a contractor at the FLHIA whose main function is to implement security procedures put in place by other agencies and control public access to the airport. For this it is paid, by BCAD, for personnel and equipment used in that function.

The same is true at MSDHS. The BSO was paid, by the BCSB [Broward County School Board], for a single SRO, not for a full security team. The same is true at most Middle and High Schools in the county, elementary schools had part time SROs. The BCSB was, and still is, the party wholly responsible for the security of its schools. The fact is that the security in effect in the school system, in 2020, is exactly the same as that in place at MSDHS on the day of the shooting in 2018. The reason is money. The BCSB does not want to expend the money that it would cost to adequately secure the nearly 300 school campuses in Broward County. Also, the BSO has other responsibilities than securing the airport and schools. It does not have the resources to accommodate other agencies at the expense of the public which depends upon it to perform basic LE function throughout the county.

So, perhaps you should castigate the agencies responsible for the security of these facilities, rather than try to place responsibility upon the BSO, which it simply does not have, in these situations.

Unregistered
    Nothing has changed at the airport except for the command staff, like 3 times I think, I've lost count. Oh yeah and the Black Mold that doesn't allow us back in our office. I'm not referring to our sheriff I'm referring to actual black mold. I don't think the sheriff knows where the airport is, I've never seen him. Amazing leadership we have.
    Of course nothing has changed at FLHIA. The BCAD doesn't want it to change. The BSO is nothing more than a CONTRACTOR for security services, much like Wackenhut, but with arrest powers. The BSO does what the BCAD wants it to do and gets paid for those services. The Sheriff does not run the airport.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast