Thoughts on Midshift Return?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Thoughts on Midshift Return?

I’ve noticed a lot of people on this site have been asking about the old midshift coming back. Kudos to the Sheriff and Chief for hearing the concerns of the boots on the ground and pound. It shows they are paying attention to us and do care what we think. But reading the memo, did anyone else get the vibe that we might be rushing into bringing it back? With most squads having people out regularly for specialty teams stuff, training, vacation, sick, etc. It seems like shorter squads by design will feel even shorter. I am in favor of bringing it back because it seems like it would be pretty neat. Do you y'all think we should wait until we fill a few more spots in zones or just jump back into it? What do y’all think?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve noticed a lot of people on this site have been asking about the old midshift coming back. Kudos to the Sheriff and Chief for hearing the concerns of the boots on the ground and pound. It shows they are paying attention to us and do care what we think. But reading the memo, did anyone else get the vibe that we might be rushing into bringing it back? With most squads having people out regularly for specialty teams stuff, training, vacation, sick, etc. It seems like shorter squads by design will feel even shorter. I am in favor of bringing it back because it seems like it would be pretty neat. Do you y'all think we should wait until we fill a few more spots in zones or just jump back into it? What do y’all think?

Mid shift is not coming back. That survey is all smoke and mirrors. 100% of the vote could be to bring mid shift back, and we will be told that more people voted for no mid shift, with a 63% "no mid shift," to 37% "yes mid shift" total. C'mon. please don't tell me you're that gullible. COLA will return at the same time mid shift does.

Unregistered
    Mid shift is not coming back. That survey is all smoke and mirrors. 100% of the vote could be to bring mid shift back, and we will be told that more people voted for no mid shift, with a 63% "no mid shift," to 37% "yes mid shift" total. C'mon. please don't tell me you're that gullible. COLA will return at the same time mid shift does.
    I am not hopeful that it will either, but on the slim chance that it did come back or some variation of it, I am all for it! That is assuming it helps people get off on time more often and spreads the work around...all for it. And yeah COLA is neva coming back 😂

Unregistered
    Understand that the mid shift squad WILL NOT be new deputy positions. They will pull deputies from days and night shifts to make the mid shift. It won’t fix the problem.

Unregistered
    Understand that the mid shift squad WILL NOT be new deputy positions. They will pull deputies from days and night shifts to make the mid shift. It won’t fix the problem.

They will pull deputies from day shift.... This means night shift will have less deputies to relieve them, since less deputies will start work at 0600 and 0700. And, day shift will have less zone partners.

Unregistered
    You guy are letting them FOOL YOU!

You are thinking superficially! Like rookies.

It is a scam! We are already follower drones enough as it is. Don't make things worse. Having a mid shift is not a bad thing. The sky wont fall if implemented.

Mid shift is NOTHING NEW. We had it for decades upon decades in some form or another.

The ONLY reason its gone is so they can play the bigger ****k games with other agencies by creating a 5th district. Thats it. The last day we had a mid shift was the day before the 5 district deployment was activated.

From another post....

Ok, although Im happy to see the memo about implementing a mid shift and I appreciate it, the memo reads as if they are surprised of this news that we want, NEED, a mid shift. As if they had absolutely no idea and only first heard of this a few weeks ago by a few deputies in roll call. Is this for real? Its been 3 years. For decades we either had three 8 hour shifts or a mid shift deployment back when we went to these miserable 12 hour shifts. They wanted to wait until we are full staffed? We have never been and never will be fully staffed. Being down reports and case work all while still being continuously dispatch to these inbred calls all the way to the last second of the shift with no mid shift relieve is burning people out. How can they not have known that?

They know for a fact that we will never be staffed enough to activate a mid shift without complications and I can prove it....

Why the helll did they not just wait to fully staff the 4 districts we already had in order to activate D5 with a mid shift? Because it would never had happened and they sure wanted that precious 5th district even if it benefited everyone except patrol. Even if it meant getting slammed right before going home and getting stuck late. They put their legacy of 5 districts over us.

It does not have to be complicated. There does not need to be a mid shift squad with its own coverage area or supervisors. Just freaking 4-8 mid shift deputies assigned to days or nights or split between the two. This is nothing fukking new. its been 3 years and counting.

Unregistered
    You guy are letting them FOOL YOU!

You are thinking superficially! Like rookies.

It is a scam! We are already follower drones enough as it is. Don't make things worse. Having a mid shift is not a bad thing. The sky wont fall if implemented.

Mid shift is NOTHING NEW. We had it for decades upon decades in some form or another.

The ONLY reason its gone is so they can play the bigger ****k games with other agencies by creating a 5th district. Thats it. The last day we had a mid shift was the day before the 5 district deployment was activated.

From another post....

Ok, although Im happy to see the memo about implementing a mid shift and I appreciate it, the memo reads as if they are surprised of this news that we want, NEED, a mid shift. As if they had absolutely no idea and only first heard of this a few weeks ago by a few deputies in roll call. Is this for real? Its been 3 years. For decades we either had three 8 hour shifts or a mid shift deployment back when we went to these miserable 12 hour shifts. They wanted to wait until we are full staffed? We have never been and never will be fully staffed. Being down reports and case work all while still being continuously dispatch to these inbred calls all the way to the last second of the shift with no mid shift relieve is burning people out. How can they not have known that?

They know for a fact that we will never be staffed enough to activate a mid shift without complications and I can prove it....

Why the helll did they not just wait to fully staff the 4 districts we already had in order to activate D5 with a mid shift? Because it would never had happened and they sure wanted that precious 5th district even if it benefited everyone except patrol. Even if it meant getting slammed right before going home and getting stuck late. They put their legacy of 5 districts over us.

It does not have to be complicated. There does not need to be a mid shift squad with its own coverage area or supervisors. Just freaking 4-8 mid shift deputies assigned to days or nights or split between the two. This is nothing fukking new. its been 3 years and counting.
    STFU and quit if you don’t like it. The decisions being made are so far above your intellectual ability it’s a joke for you to question them. You’re a joke. A damn funny joke.

Unregistered
    "It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."

Unregistered
    There are districts right now with mid shifts. They pull two from each squad, and they come in at 1300. Why not just officially keep it that way? Or is this a ploy to promote 10 more people to corporal? Just leave those 10 deputies in their zones, so they can take their calls, and leave the 1-1 the way it is in at least 2 of the districts that I know of.

Unregistered
    I don’t understand you complaining losers... you demand things from the Sheriff and when he provides what you demand, you complain about that too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast