Did someone forget to do a background check on an applicant - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    It is much harder for some blacks to pass standards and background checks. They must be given certain leeways otherwise MPD would would mostly be left with hiring whites. Due to the changed demographics of the city to a black majority, the make-up of MPD should also reflect that black majority. This change is taking place by two means 1) white retirements, and 2) replacement hiring of blacks. This is the way it should be. Many of the factors which have resulted in blacks not doing as well as whites in the hiring process were caused by whites in the first place. Yes, some blacks may have less than pristine pasts, but as we catch up with the needed demographic change within our department this is an extremely small price to pay. Ultimately, we need the community to trust us. That trust will grow in relationship to a positive change in MPD to a vast majority black staffed department. So yes, there will be growing pains in hiring from time to time, but ultimately we will be a better department for it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is much harder for some blacks to pass standards and background checks. They must be given certain leeways otherwise MPD would would mostly be left with hiring whites. Due to the changed demographics of the city to a black majority, the make-up of MPD should also reflect that black majority. This change is taking place by two means 1) white retirements, and 2) replacement hiring of blacks. This is the way it should be. Many of the factors which have resulted in blacks not doing as well as whites in the hiring process were caused by whites in the first place. Yes, some blacks may have less than pristine pasts, but as we catch up with the needed demographic change within our department this is an extremely small price to pay. Ultimately, we need the community to trust us. That trust will grow in relationship to a positive change in MPD to a vast majority black staffed department. So yes, there will be growing pains in hiring from time to time, but ultimately we will be a better department for it.
    You use this term in the above text: "were caused by whites." Wouldn't it be best to keep a few whites in the department in the future? That way all problems and deficiencies can continue to be blamed on the whites. Yes, keep a token few of them for blaming purposes. Remember Obama, in his 7th year, blaming Bush for his problems. So on second thought, just dump all the whites but continue to blame them anyway. Yes that would be best - replace all of white people but continue to blame them for everything anyway. Lol

Unregistered
    My brain hurts from the sheer level of stupidity in the above post. The argument that being born black somehow automatically predisposes you to needing a leg up and a look over is insulting to any hard working, law abiding black person that didn’t need to be specially treated in order to be hired. Quite frankly, MPD should be hiring the best, whether or not they meet the demographic of the population. The idea that the department needs to mirror the population it polices stems from a black community that does not like to be held accountable or follow the rule of law. How many good white officers have left MPD because they saw the writing on the wall? There’s a reason why crime in the 19500 block of the city is different than along the 6200 block, and its cultural. Unfortunately, whatever idiot made the above post is a prime candidate to be MPD brass one day.

Unregistered

Sarcasm?

My brain hurts from the sheer level of stupidity in the above post. The argument that being born black somehow automatically predisposes you to needing a leg up and a look over is insulting to any hard working, law abiding black person that didn’t need to be specially treated in order to be hired. Quite frankly, MPD should be hiring the best, whether or not they meet the demographic of the population. The idea that the department needs to mirror the population it polices stems from a black community that does not like to be held accountable or follow the rule of law. How many good white officers have left MPD because they saw the writing on the wall? There’s a reason why crime in the 19500 block of the city is different than along the 6200 block, and its cultural. Unfortunately, whatever idiot made the above post is a prime candidate to be MPD brass one day.
    Perhaps there was a bit of sarcasm in that post. Someone certainly cannot be that naive and stupid to post that.

Unregistered
    How did this person even become an applicant for Miramar ? Are there not regulations for a person to become a police officer ? After reading the civil complaint filed , it reads as if this person is immature and spiteful for being relieved of his duties .

Unregistered
    How did this person even become an applicant for Miramar ? Are there not regulations for a person to become a police officer ? After reading the civil complaint filed , it reads as if this person is immature and spiteful for being relieved of his duties .
    Dude look in the freaking mirror, read some of these posts if you are looking for people that are immature and spiteful.
    You want to blame everyone but yourself for YOUR short comings as a person and a police officer. Granted somebody missed something but you really are not the paragon of virtue and its pretty rich that you are calling others immature and spiteful.

Unregistered
    Dude look in the freaking mirror, read some of these posts if you are looking for people that are immature and spiteful.
    You want to blame everyone but yourself for YOUR short comings as a person and a police officer. Granted somebody missed something but you really are not the paragon of virtue and its pretty rich that you are calling others immature and spiteful.
    Any person who attempts to use the sarcastic “ Paragon of Virtue” phrase is simply showing A : this is obviously the person in whom we speak of or B : A person who attempting to be an apotheosis for defending the wrong .

Simply put my fine lad , after dissecting the frivolous civil suit Mcgirt filed in an attempt to possibly clear his name of any wrong doing is a sham .

The suit states as a traffic investigator from January 2012 through December 2013 he received numerous awards and commendations ? Hogwash , a mere attempt to make this gentleman bigger and in by any means better then he actually is. Using a small time frame to commend a client is a tactic used from “ Judge Judy “ to “ Divorce Court “ .

This is just another frivolous lawsuit taking up the courts time by a man in an attempt to clear his name for wrongs he was down. Now we comes to Miramar with a chip on his shoulder and an untouchable mentality. The city should be ashamed for hiring a conceited , arrogant person like him. Having a lack of maturity , commonsense and bragging “ Untouchable “ verbatim from his mouth shows the lack if respect for the city and his fellow co workers !

Unregistered
    Any person who attempts to use the sarcastic “ Paragon of Virtue” phrase is simply showing A : this is obviously the person in whom we speak of or B : A person who attempting to be an apotheosis for defending the wrong .

Simply put my fine lad , after dissecting the frivolous civil suit Mcgirt filed in an attempt to possibly clear his name of any wrong doing is a sham .

The suit states as a traffic investigator from January 2012 through December 2013 he received numerous awards and commendations ? Hogwash , a mere attempt to make this gentleman bigger and in by any means better then he actually is. Using a small time frame to commend a client is a tactic used from “ Judge Judy “ to “ Divorce Court “ .

This is just another frivolous lawsuit taking up the courts time by a man in an attempt to clear his name for wrongs he was down. Now we comes to Miramar with a chip on his shoulder and an untouchable mentality. The city should be ashamed for hiring a conceited , arrogant person like him. Having a lack of maturity , commonsense and bragging “ Untouchable “ verbatim from his mouth shows the lack if respect for the city and his fellow co workers !
    Oh you want to debate with me? Ill chew you up and spit your little piss ant a*s out in pieces.

You and you thesaurus can take a rest because I am not the person that the post is referring to. I am a person who stated that counting you there are plenty of immature and spiteful people on these threads. You post like you and you alone are a "paragon of virtue" when in truth you are an immature little child that likes to talk about others under your veil of anonymity. I clearly stated that someone in the hiring process missed something with this guy.

Okay I am ready to refute and embarrass you again.

Unregistered
    Oh you want to debate with me? Ill chew you up and spit your little piss ant a*s out in pieces.

You and you thesaurus can take a rest because I am not the person that the post is referring to. I am a person who stated that counting you there are plenty of immature and spiteful people on these threads. You post like you and you alone are a "paragon of virtue" when in truth you are an immature little child that likes to talk about others under your veil of anonymity. I clearly stated that someone in the hiring process missed something with this guy.

Okay I am ready to refute and embarrass you again.
    Ok Mcdirt , Mcgirt

Unregistered
    Ok Mcdirt , Mcgirt
    That's the best you got? I should have guessed you were and are all bullsh*t!

LOSER!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast