Troop E guys ticketing other LEOs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    They're just jealous because they're not allowed to grow a beard

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your at fault, your at fault. Even though Florida is a no fault state which I don’t agree with. Why can’t officers take responsibility for their actions. This is why public trust is losing with us, officers expect special treatment. Sure speeding or something their can be some discretion but crashes, no. It’s our policy to write so don’t get upset. If you don’t want a ticket don’t cause a crash.
    I don’t think you know what the meaning of “No fault State” means. It means that it doesn’t matter who is at fault, their own insurance will handle the medical bills if there are any injuries.

Unregistered
    This was started right after the Florida Highway Patrol screwed up an accident so bad with an FBI agent. The trooper put the two kids at fault for the accident and not the FBI agent who was driving the wrong way on the highway. The elite of law enforcement right there florida highway patrol lol.
    Yeah, that's the last time that FHP tried to help another agency, it came to bite them in the butt. No more trying to help anyone, tickets and x15 if you crash and are at fault or dui.

Unregistered
    Actually it was the Florida Sheriff's Association who pushed for us to write tickets in crashes.

Unregistered

Its not in our policy

Its not in our policy at all that a ticket HAS to be written. So sorry for your luck.

Unregistered

It’s in the policy

Its not in our policy at all that a ticket HAS to be written. So sorry for your luck.
    It is the policy. Look at your policy manual. I’m not pleased with it and no one is but unless you want to get paper on it, you have to follow policy. Yes, supervisors do issue tickets to troopers in uniform in marked vehicles while they are on duty and involved in a crash. The answer is simple, have the officer’s department handle the crash. Otherwise, there is no discretion possible, especially when the other person involved can also read the policy and will lodge a complaint. No win here.

Unregistered
    If a Trooper is that stupid. I know any seasoned Deputy Sheriff or police officer would flick the the rear deck lights and just drive on. Not even gonna entertain that stupidity.
    Watch out for that woman trooper if that’s your plan

Unregistered
    Very simple, you get a ticket if you were just driving and hit someone just like anyone else. If you were in the performance of your duties (running code, trying to make a traffic stop, etc) then you are shown at fault and no ticket since your agency will probably do an administrative action anyways.

Unregistered
    It’s a $160-something dollar ticket. Don’t you make six figures at your south Florida agency? Nut the **** up dude. You’re at fault. It’s policy. Troopers get tickets in single vehicle crashes if we back up into a pole. Civilians get tickets for being at fault. If you don’t want a ticket, ask your Sergeant to come out and work the crash.

Unregistered
    I got a ticket from Trooper P. Mondestine, I could not understand what he was saying because he spoke with such a heavy accent. He pressured me into signing the ticket.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast