Troop E guys ticketing other LEOs
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Troop E guys ticketing other LEOs

Is that the new trend here? We ticket other officers in full uniform because it’s policy? Smh.

Unregistered
    If a Trooper is that stupid. I know any seasoned Deputy Sheriff or police officer would flick the the rear deck lights and just drive on. Not even gonna entertain that stupidity.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If a Trooper is that stupid. I know any seasoned Deputy Sheriff or police officer would flick the the rear deck lights and just drive on. Not even gonna entertain that stupidity.
    I saw the citation with my own eyes. Apparently it’s policy to ticket the driver at fault on a 17 because putting him at fault and as vehicle 1 is not enough.... specially for love tap with no injuries.

Whatever happened to discretion?

Unregistered
    No discression on crashes...it's in the policy and all departments know this that ask is to work their crashes.

Unregistered
    My department has the same policy regarding 17s and issuing a UTC yet we have no problem exercising discretion. Any policy can be overruled by a supervisor. Are sergeants are QRU with you not ticketing another officer. I guess you guys gotta meet your two an hour that bad.

Unregistered
    If your at fault, your at fault. Even though Florida is a no fault state which I don’t agree with. Why can’t officers take responsibility for their actions. This is why public trust is losing with us, officers expect special treatment. Sure speeding or something their can be some discretion but crashes, no. It’s our policy to write so don’t get upset. If you don’t want a ticket don’t cause a crash.

Unregistered
    Dont come here like a pu-"y. Call the Colonel in Tallahasee and tell him to change the policy. His name is Spaulding, otherwise, work your own crashes and sweep it under the rug if you dont want the ticket. You must be a rookie in your agency. Every agency knows FHP writes tickets in crashes, even troopers get tickets if they are at fault. The S.O where I'm at dont call FHP if they are at fault, they know. Maybe your agency is transparent and that's why they call FHP, whine to them not us.

Unregistered
    Actually, an agency from the Miami area is the entire reason we had to start writing tickets to LEO's. Back in the day, FHP used to just knock out a crash report and leave discipline up to the local department. That was fine until a local officer got in a significant crash and the agency didn't do anything about it. At all. The press got a hold of it and the local agency straight up told them that it wasn't their problem because FHP was the investigating agency and if FHP didn't do anything about it then neither were they.

Unregistered
    No discression on crashes...it's in the policy and all departments know this that ask is to work their crashes.
    I apologize I thought you meant traffic stops. Crashes are totally different. Liability is the name of the game. My agency does the same thing. Discretion is not an option in that matter.

Unregistered
    Actually, an agency from the Miami area is the entire reason we had to start writing tickets to LEO's. Back in the day, FHP used to just knock out a crash report and leave discipline up to the local department. That was fine until a local officer got in a significant crash and the agency didn't do anything about it. At all. The press got a hold of it and the local agency straight up told them that it wasn't their problem because FHP was the investigating agency and if FHP didn't do anything about it then neither were they.
    This was started right after the Florida Highway Patrol screwed up an accident so bad with an FBI agent. The trooper put the two kids at fault for the accident and not the FBI agent who was driving the wrong way on the highway. The elite of law enforcement right there florida highway patrol lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast