Hey Pruitt - Another Illegal Order by HCSO Command Staff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Hey Pruitt - Another Illegal Order by HCSO Command Staff

Gary Pruitt,

If you’d like another illegal federal labor violation to add to your campaign issues, why don’t you do public record requests for deputy/detective time cards for the main Gasparilla parade and compare to their release time from the radio traffic. You’ll find most of the detectives were instructed to only put down 8.4 hours for the parade when in fact they worked 10+ hours, but were ordered not to put in accurate hours worked (overtime) by their supervisors/command staff.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gary Pruitt,

If you’d like another illegal federal labor violation to add to your campaign issues, why don’t you do public record requests for deputy/detective time cards for the main Gasparilla parade and compare to their release time from the radio traffic. You’ll find most of the detectives were instructed to only put down 8.4 hours for the parade when in fact they worked 10+ hours, but were ordered not to put in accurate hours worked (overtime) by their supervisors/command staff.

If this is true, you have the duty to disobey an unlawful order. Put in the actual time you worked. Don't be complicit. Don't falsify records. Don't break the law.

Unregistered
    Hahahaha! Cpl. Pruitt to save the rank and file from the evil administration! Keep believing that bull$hit.

Unregistered
    If this is true, you have the duty to disobey an unlawful order. Put in the actual time you worked. Don't be complicit. Don't falsify records. Don't break the law.
    You know as well as I do that I’m not going to go against the HCSO machine for a couple hours of pay. This is a systemic issue that has to be addressed on a bigger scale. The command staff think they are above federal law and one employee who wants to challenge their behavior won’t cut it. Any detective out there who claims their rightfully worked hours will end up in an IA case for something else trivial like speeding 5mph over the limit so they can ruin their career for speaking up. Remember, this the command staff who buys scat pack Chargers at double the price of a regular Charger for their own enjoyment.

Pruitt could easily expose this issue without any employee here having to fall in their own sword.

Unregistered
    You know as well as I do that I’m not going to go against the HCSO machine for a couple hours of pay. This is a systemic issue that has to be addressed on a bigger scale. The command staff think they are above federal law and one employee who wants to challenge their behavior won’t cut it. Any detective out there who claims their rightfully worked hours will end up in an IA case for something else trivial like speeding 5mph over the limit so they can ruin their career for speaking up. Remember, this the command staff who buys scat pack Chargers at double the price of a regular Charger for their own enjoyment.

Pruitt could easily expose this issue without any employee here having to fall in their own sword.

So far, you are the only witness to this. Are you going to falsify your time card?

Unregistered
    So far, you are the only witness to this. Are you going to falsify your time card?
    Not the original poster, but I can verify their claim. From speaking with others at the parade, this issue was not limited to one district or squad. I know of multiple districts and who were instructed to only put down 8.4. Sounds like it came from above.

Unregistered
    Not the original poster, but I can verify their claim. From speaking with others at the parade, this issue was not limited to one district or squad. I know of multiple districts and who were instructed to only put down 8.4. Sounds like it came from above.
    Yet you all will do it. You need to fight for your right to party!

Unregistered

So how many dishonest deputies do we have? How many will falsify their time card? How many will commit this crime?

Unregistered
    So how many dishonest deputies do we have? How many will falsify their time card? How many will commit this crime?
    What crime? It's not illegal to short change yourself. It's not a sworn affidavit that is being signed. What is illegal is for an employer to short change their employees. Here's the worst part. I guarantee Sheriff Chronister doesn't care about paying his employees overtime. If he knew about it he would say pay the men and women. Petty chickenshit like this is certain supervisors and command staff thinking that somehow this is what the Sheriff wants and it will somehow get them ahead. Where the Sheriff is wrong is not putting his foot down once he finds out about it and saying NO.

Unregistered
    What crime? It's not illegal to short change yourself...

Read FSS 839.13 

(I put "..." to take out the areas that do not apply to law enforcement deputies falsifying their time card.)

Falsifying records

... (2), if any ... public officer ... shall steal, embezzle, alter, corruptly withdraw, falsify or avoid any record ...or shall forge, deface, or falsify any document or instrument recorded ... or any proceedings whatever of or belonging to any public office within this state ... the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast