Reserve one and two
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Reserve one and two

I had a question in regards to reserve one and two. I was wondering what is the process like getting the positions. Do you go through regular FTO process like you do when going for full time position or is it different.

I have 5 years experience as an officer in FL and have an active certification with FDLE.

Thank you in advance!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had a question in regards to reserve one and two. I was wondering what is the process like getting the positions. Do you go through regular FTO process like you do when going for full time position or is it different.

I have 5 years experience as an officer in FL and have an active certification with FDLE.

Thank you in advance!
    1s have similar requirements as full time. 2s are usually auxiliary certified and have less training. Most of the ones I know worked here and retired.

Unregistered

Thank you in advance!
    Is your other LEO experience under FRS? Why don’t you apply full time? We could definitely use you and everyone else that can get through the door.

Unregistered
    1s have similar requirements as full time. 2s are usually auxiliary certified and have less training. Most of the ones I know worked here and retired.
    Thank you for the reply! Once finished with the back ground process, are you required to go through tradition FTO process or is it basic briefing on the SOP?

How is the off duty? Will I be able to only pick up off duties with another full times deputies or will I be able to work one man off duties?

Unregistered
    Is your other LEO experience under FRS? Why don’t you apply full time? We could definitely use you and everyone else that can get through the door.
    It’s under city pension brother, and the reason why I am not going full time is because of finding other ventures outside of Law Enforcement.
    Wanted to be able to keep my certification active and be able to help you guys here and there when I have free time.

Unregistered
    R1's go thru regular FTO program, accelerated for precerts, and can work off duty on their own, although not eligible till off probation. Considered part time Deputy. R2 's need to be under supervision of Full time or part timer to work off duty,usually work parades ,sporting events, larger traffic details, etc. Off duty rate is $33 an hour

Unregistered
    FYI, Reserves have to work a minimum of 20 hrs. free each month, but can serve wherever they like, including Aviation ,K-9, Marine Unit,District Office,etc.

Unregistered
    R1's go thru regular FTO program, accelerated for precerts, and can work off duty on their own, although not eligible till off probation. Considered part time Deputy. R2 's need to be under supervision of Full time or part timer to work off duty,usually work parades ,sporting events, larger traffic details, etc. Off duty rate is $33 an hour
    Thank you for the reply, Appreciate it man! be safe out there!

Unregistered
    FYI, Reserves have to work a minimum of 20 hrs. free each month, but can serve wherever they like, including Aviation ,K-9, Marine Unit,District Office,etc.
    Thank you so much for the info!

Unregistered

Thank you in advance!
    The Reserves are circling the drain and have been for years. There used to be around 200, now they have around 50. Half of the last class they put through either got let go or quit. If you’re looking for an active Reserve Unit, I’d recommend Tampa PD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast