Please tell me why Ghost Rider?

Unregistered

Please tell me why Ghost Rider?

Only been a few days and everyone is dragging a$$. Which translates to tired cops at showtime.We have a great plan already in place that is used for Memorial Day which would address the traffic and crowds on Ocean Drive, but more importantly, officer fatigue.This clusterfuch plan pulled 100 officers for the NFL experience which could be used on Ocean/traffic loop. Why have after action plans when they wipe their a$$’s with it.

Why?!?!

Unregistered
    You would think after 20 years and 100’s of special events that they would have figured it out. The level of incompetence makes my brain hurt. Imagine how many are going to bang off the following week because of exhaustion.

Unregistered
    Lmao. Look two topics down. It’s a good thing they “stole” 20 hours of OT.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lmao. Look two topics down. It’s a good thing they “stole” 20 hours of OT.
    I’ve read all the posts but i do have to agree that it may have been a foolish move to allow them to swap days off. Time will tell but I have a feeling that’s going to be the new model. I. Any believe the Union allowed it.

Unregistered
    I don’t understand why we have administrators that get promoted and feel they must reinvent the wheel. This super bowl action plan went into effect way to early. Even with the mandatory 2 days off by next week cops will be tired and irritable. The amount of bang offs when this event is done will then in turn have officers being forced over. I feel the staffing plan is good it just started way too early. This plan could have went into action on Tuesday or Wednesday befor the game.

Unregistered
    Seen every special event plan since I got here 20 years ago and I have to admit that this is the more disorganized ones, and yes, way too early. I also think the 2 days off was done just to save money and set the course to use it in the future.

Unregistered
    I dont write much here, mostly read. I felt i had to say that you guys are on point. WAY too early. I am already dragging ass and i notice myself being irritable with people and coworkers. This plan sucks! They panicked and now they have overworked stressed cops dealing with people that just come to have fun. 7 days to go. This is crazy.

Unregistered
    The Chief is obviously not prepared to deal with a Special Event City. His only solution is to have everyone work. The City can not sustain that expense and we are not going to put our family’s and health through this.

Just today he had a meltdown and calling for emergency meetings because a 43 complaint said cops were congregating. They are tripping over each other because they decided to throw body’s out there 2 weeks early. Why? Because of the NFL Experience? Lol.

We have been dealing with these events for 20 years and I have to say that this is embarrassing and there lack of knowing the crowd and how to handle them shows you the level of incompetence on the 4th floor.

Unregistered
    Wow...what a cool thread name...dumb a$$.

So, let me get this straight...this thread basically says 2 things:

1. You are exhausted
    2. You are mad you didnt work 2 more days...

What the hell is wrong with you people...I am tired but its what I signed up for. I am also happy that I had those 2 days off with my family ahead of this...better than nothing. Keep stirring the pot out of both sides of your mouth...

Unregistered
    I gotta say, I really hope that they don't do the swapping days for memorial day weekend spring break. But if they try that what can we do?