Privatizing detention update - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Why trash jailers? They are just garden variety Joes and Janes who are trying to make an honest days dollar for an honest days work. What is your beef against them?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ok genius. go work the upper floors of the main jail. you'll resign within a week. or lets see your savvy when an inmate is hanging lifeless from a sheet. oh yes don't make plans during any of the holidays as its likely you'll be working.its a job that can be repetitive and mundane bit it can jump from 0 to 120 in a heartbeat.and if theres an incident just before shift change????
    Upper floors of the main jail? Oh, where everyone is locked down? If you’re scared of doing your job that’s another reason people like you shouldn’t be there.

Inmate hanging from a sheet, lifeless? Tell me how often that happens? If I said slim to none would that be accurate? It’s extremely rare for that to happen now. If it does, it just shows the incompetence of the staff.

All your points about the MJ, hangings, working holidays are irrelevant to what I suggested. As a taxpayer I don’t want to pay for your pension and benefits. No need to. Take whatever is in your pension now and transfer it to a 401K and have a private Corp run the jail.

Please, you’re giving yourself and jail guards too much credit. Anyone Joe Blow can sit in a control room and press buttons, walk the nurse around, etc. it’s not a hard job contrary to the BS you want people to believe.

Boo hoo you have to work holidays. Joke

Join me in the private sector and let’s see how you would do. Remember, you get paid for your work. So, if your below average you get fired. Unlike low IQ jail work where you can come to work like a zombie and no matter how incompetent you are you still get paid.

Unregistered

Bye Bye Bailiffs

Bye bye bailiffs and good riddance. Glad that detention deputies are taking over their jobs, much better trained, more professional and way way younger. Bye bye bailiffs.

Unregistered
    True, I also heard that Waste Management is short staffed on the back of their trucks. Jailer’s would be a great addition to the crew since they have some working knowledge of taking out trash. They would also be a great fit and could start immediately cause they smell, they are uneducated and get along well with Felons.
    WooHooo somebody knows what they are talking about it!

Unregistered
    Upper floors of the main jail? Oh, where everyone is locked down? If you’re scared of doing your job that’s another reason people like you shouldn’t be there.

Inmate hanging from a sheet, lifeless? Tell me how often that happens? If I said slim to none would that be accurate? It’s extremely rare for that to happen now. If it does, it just shows the incompetence of the staff.

All your points about the MJ, hangings, working holidays are irrelevant to what I suggested. As a taxpayer I don’t want to pay for your pension and benefits. No need to. Take whatever is in your pension now and transfer it to a 401K and have a private Corp run the jail.

Please, you’re giving yourself and jail guards too much credit. Anyone Joe Blow can sit in a control room and press buttons, walk the nurse around, etc. it’s not a hard job contrary to the BS you want people to believe.

Boo hoo you have to work holidays. Joke

Join me in the private sector and let’s see how you would do. Remember, you get paid for your work. So, if your below average you get fired. Unlike low IQ jail work where you can come to work like a zombie and no matter how incompetent you are you still get paid.
    private sector. then you know 20% do 80% of the work. give me a break.just another wannabe who thinks he can solve everything. since you seem to know so much how long before you realized you couldn't handle it????

Unregistered
    private sector. then you know 20% do 80% of the work. give me a break.just another wannabe who thinks he can solve everything. since you seem to know so much how long before you realized you couldn't handle it????
    Private sector my arse, that’s one of them cowardly road deputies, who only eats in free food establishments and runs from gunfire and black teenagers!

Unregistered
    Private sector my arse, that’s one of them cowardly road deputies, who only eats in free food establishments and runs from gunfire and black teenagers!
    Wow, did you really just go there? So if we're cowards, why are all the jailers trying so hard to be like us? You know all of the jailers wear their windbreakers in 90 degree weather to get half off a meal because it says "Sheriff" on the back? I'm surprised half of you don't die of heat stroke in the summer. Personally, I think all jail staff should wear a different uniform, white or gray shirts and no more jackets that say "Sheriff". Your jacket should say "Detention Deputy" because that's what you are!

Unregistered
    This is truly sad. I know the tension between road and detention is a long existing one. The sad thing you idiots don't realize is both groups are just salves to the establishment. Road looking down at detention? Wishing for them to be eliminated? WTF?! Understand if they do eliminate detention officers the next rung on the ladder to get abused, exploited and degraded will be the road. Be careful what you wish for. At the end of the day detention is doing a job many don't want to do, but must be done. The truth of the matter is that since corrections is looked down upon and never given its due respect, the profession is degraded. If the two groups worked together cohesively, imagine the amount of actual criminal justice that can come of it. But at the end of the day divide and conquer. Detention, Road, Republican, Democratic, black, white, poor, rich. The sad thing is we in the field see it every day and like fools fall into the same trap. Wake up ,we should be better that this.

Unregistered
    Wow, did you really just go there? So if we're cowards, why are all the jailers trying so hard to be like us? You know all of the jailers wear their windbreakers in 90 degree weather to get half off a meal because it says "Sheriff" on the back? I'm surprised half of you don't die of heat stroke in the summer. Personally, I think all jail staff should wear a different uniform, white or gray shirts and no more jackets that say "Sheriff". Your jacket should say "Detention Deputy" because that's what you are!
    Your jacket should say Coward County!

Unregistered
    Don’t blame them from running from black teenagers. Most black teenagers are criminals and commit violent acts against police officer. Further, when police do act accordingly they are called racists. Even the black deputies don’t want to be involved in the black community.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast