Privatizing detention update - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Shut up with this nonsense we need out BSO correction deputies. More fake news
    The jail is done, period. Now the big question is how to get all those low I.Q turn keys another job? They are to stupid to get something with equal pay and benefits. You can only milk unemployment for so long?

Unregistered
    must be a slow news week. or perhaps the lunkheads are bored because theres no football this weekend.no matter this is news from 1992 that never happened. get a life

Unregistered
    There was never any talk of this under Israel...just saying....

Unregistered
    There was never any talk of this under Israel...just saying....
    Because this thread was started by the brain dead Israel crew, in an attempt to get votes! The jailers can’t vote for you big ears! They all live in Miami Gatdens.

Unregistered

Detention Deputies to work in the Courthouses

The detention deputies are going to replace the useless 80 year old bailiffs, it is in the works right now.

Unregistered
    One good thing about working in the jail is that it offers excellent pay with an FRS pension at the end of the tunnel or at retirement. However, when a jail is privatized, then pensions are replaced with 401k plans that are based on low hourly salaries. All the profits go to the CEOs and senior executive managers. It is better for the taxpayers in the long run because they are no longer on the hook for paying out pension plans for decades to come. Will it happen in Broward County? That is highly unlikely. Has any county in Florida switched to a privatized jail? Just one?

Unregistered
    One good thing about working in the jail is that it offers excellent pay with an FRS pension at the end of the tunnel or at retirement. However, when a jail is privatized, then pensions are replaced with 401k plans that are based on low hourly salaries. All the profits go to the CEOs and senior executive managers. It is better for the taxpayers in the long run because they are no longer on the hook for paying out pension plans for decades to come. Will it happen in Broward County? That is highly unlikely. Has any county in Florida switched to a privatized jail? Just one?
    Very good point. As a taxpayer I do not want to pay for some jail guards pension and benefits. There is no reason to. Give the jail over to a private company. I’m sure they would run it more efficiently anyway than these jail guards.

I mean, no disrespect, but we are talking jail guards here; not rocket scientists. This is a brain dead job. It’s basically repetition.

Unregistered
    Sounds crazy, but don't be surprised if sworn DOD end up placed in the public schools. The SRO and armed guardian stuff is a temporary band-aid with unsatisfied "customers". They'll sell it as : " These folks are highly trained in de-escalation and are weapon free..." BCPS don't want their own PD. The natural progression is to dump DOD in the schools to combat the charter school exodus. It's a money maker for both ends. Never say never. Remember 2009?

Unregistered
    Sounds crazy, but don't be surprised if sworn DOD end up placed in the public schools. The SRO and armed guardian stuff is a temporary band-aid with unsatisfied "customers". They'll sell it as : " These folks are highly trained in de-escalation and are weapon free..." BCPS don't want their own PD. The natural progression is to dump DOD in the schools to combat the charter school exodus. It's a money maker for both ends. Never say never. Remember 2009?
    True, I also heard that Waste Management is short staffed on the back of their trucks. Jailer’s would be a great addition to the crew since they have some working knowledge of taking out trash. They would also be a great fit and could start immediately cause they smell, they are uneducated and get along well with Felons.

Unregistered
    Very good point. As a taxpayer I do not want to pay for some jail guards pension and benefits. There is no reason to. Give the jail over to a private company. I’m sure they would run it more efficiently anyway than these jail guards.

I mean, no disrespect, but we are talking jail guards here; not rocket scientists. This is a brain dead job. It’s basically repetition.
    ok genius. go work the upper floors of the main jail. you'll resign within a week. or lets see your savvy when an inmate is hanging lifeless from a sheet. oh yes don't make plans during any of the holidays as its likely you'll be working.its a job that can be repetitive and mundane bit it can jump from 0 to 120 in a heartbeat.and if theres an incident just before shift change????

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast