Pinellas County deputy shoots, kills man who pointed gun at him in St. Petersburg - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know that I'm going to ruffle a lot of feathers here, but can anyone explain why Dep. Curry didn't simply drive off, when approached by the men with guns? Why would you get out of your car and engage two armed men, one who has a high capacity, semi-automatic rifle, with a handgun? Even worse, the deputy expended 17 rounds and hit one of the armed men with one round. Where did the other 16 rounds go? The deputy was exceptionally fortunate that neither of these yahoos were good shots and, apparently, not combat veterans. Otherwise, you all would probably be going to a funeral.

Curry was legally justified in the actions that he took. But, unless someone can provide me with a very good reason for him to exit his vehicle and engage these men, instead of retreating to a safer distance, and arming himself with a patrol rifle or shotgun, then I have to say that, IMO, his choice of tactics sucked.

Glad to see he was not injured.
    I have a great idea. Get in your car and go sit in an alley at night in South St Pete. Look for some drug dealers and just sit there. Let them walk over and ask if you’re a a cop. You have to say yes. Then when they come out with sour guns see if driving away while they shoot at you saves your life. Let us know how that works out. If you survive smack yourself on the head with a hammer as many times as you can. You weren’t there, you don’t know all the facts. Go f#%k yourself you piece of shit. IMO you are the same ****ing asshole who mouthed off about .45’s vs. 9’s. There is more to the story that you don’t know. And it’s ****ing amazing how you can second guess with such clarity based on a press release and a video. You are so smart. I’d love to meet such a smart person. He exited his car to engage the threat asshole. Only great big pussies drive away and get a rifle and come back. That would clearly be you. Monday morning quarterbacking faggot mother****er, that’s you.

SPete PD
    Thank you for taking out our trash. We thought we turned these kids into model citizens by giving them pamphlets, warning them when drug raids and warrants would be and playing ball with them. We aren't allowed to enforce the laws in Uhuruville so you guys get to do that for us and we appreciate it. Maybe we can build a gym in the dead boy's honor now that he got his bat wings. Better yet, you can do all the law enforcement in the burg and we can just write soccer moms tickets north side. Keep up the good work !!!

Unregistered
    I have a great idea. Get in your car and go sit in an alley at night in South St Pete. Look for some drug dealers and just sit there. Let them walk over and ask if you’re a a cop. You have to say yes. Then when they come out with sour guns see if driving away while they shoot at you saves your life. Let us know how that works out. If you survive smack yourself on the head with a hammer as many times as you can. You weren’t there, you don’t know all the facts. Go f#%k yourself you piece of shit. IMO you are the same ****ing asshole who mouthed off about .45’s vs. 9’s. There is more to the story that you don’t know. And it’s ****ing amazing how you can second guess with such clarity based on a press release and a video. You are so smart. I’d love to meet such a smart person. He exited his car to engage the threat asshole. Only great big pussies drive away and get a rifle and come back. That would clearly be you. Monday morning quarterbacking faggot mother****er, that’s you.
    Well, as a matter of fact, I have sat in a car in an alley, and several other places. And, I have learned NOT to go head to head with a RIFLE. I would have simply driven off down the alley. In a gunfight, distance is your friend. Now, tell me which sounds smarter. Drive 100 or 150 yards down the alley and call for back-up. Then, get out of the vehicle, arm yourself with your patrol rifle. Rifle against rifle is a much better match than pistol against rifle. Now, a car puts metal and glass between you and your assailant. It is much better than air. So, does standing in the open sound like a better plan than retreating while being partially protected by metal and laminated glass? Also, if he had simply driven off, he woould not have had a threat to ENGAGE, would he?

Now, I would LOVE to see Curry's statement as well as the completed investigation. I actually used to evaluate police shooting and other tactics. Now, the whole point of LE is to enforce the law for 20-30 years and retire, in one piece, more or less. If you want to commit suicide, there are much easier ways to do it. Now, the reason I brought this up, is to save the lives of members of your department, who might choose to jump out in front of a combat veteran, armed with a rifle, who might actually want to harm you. Whether you believe it or not, Curry was really lucky. The armed subjects were both incredibly poor shots and were not determined to shoot Curry. He managed not to get shot ans did not wound or kill any innocent bystanders, with his rounds that missed.

But, you go ahead and do whatever you want, in these types pf situations. Police funerals are pretty spectacular.

Unregistered
    I know that I'm going to ruffle a lot of feathers here, but can anyone explain why Dep. Curry didn't simply drive off, when approached by the men with guns? Why would you get out of your car and engage two armed men, one who has a high capacity, semi-automatic rifle, with a handgun? Even worse, the deputy expended 17 rounds and hit one of the armed men with one round. Where did the other 16 rounds go? The deputy was exceptionally fortunate that neither of these yahoos were good shots and, apparently, not combat veterans. Otherwise, you all would probably be going to a funeral.

Curry was legally justified in the actions that he took. But, unless someone can provide me with a very good reason for him to exit his vehicle and engage these men, instead of retreating to a safer distance, and arming himself with a patrol rifle or shotgun, then I have to say that, IMO, his choice of tactics sucked.

Why? Because he’s not a weak little worm like you. He’s the kind of man your wife fantasizes about while your semi-hard little baby pecker disappoints her yet again.

Unregistered
    Well, as a matter of fact, I have sat in a car in an alley, and several other places. And, I have learned NOT to go head to head with a RIFLE. I would have simply driven off down the alley. In a gunfight, distance is your friend. Now, tell me which sounds smarter. Drive 100 or 150 yards down the alley and call for back-up. Then, get out of the vehicle, arm yourself with your patrol rifle. Rifle against rifle is a much better match than pistol against rifle. Now, a car puts metal and glass between you and your assailant. It is much better than air. So, does standing in the open sound like a better plan than retreating while being partially protected by metal and laminated glass? Also, if he had simply driven off, he woould not have had a threat to ENGAGE, would he?

Now, I would LOVE to see Curry's statement as well as the completed investigation. I actually used to evaluate police shooting and other tactics. Now, the whole point of LE is to enforce the law for 20-30 years and retire, in one piece, more or less. If you want to commit suicide, there are much easier ways to do it. Now, the reason I brought this up, is to save the lives of members of your department, who might choose to jump out in front of a combat veteran, armed with a rifle, who might actually want to harm you. Whether you believe it or not, Curry was really lucky. The armed subjects were both incredibly poor shots and were not determined to shoot Curry. He managed not to get shot ans did not wound or kill any innocent bystanders, with his rounds that missed.

But, you go ahead and do whatever you want, in these types pf situations. Police funerals are pretty spectacular.
    Action vs Reaction. He would of been killed backing down the road fuk tard.

Unregistered

First off you’re a piece of shot and I hope you die alone. Second, you weren’t there asshole. All you can do is guess at what you think should have happened. Third, you attack the threat when you’re ambushed, you don’t run and hide like a coward. If you knew a god damn thing about this topic you would never had started your faggot ass cop block bullshit. You’re a coward. Fourth, go ask for the case file when it’s closed and then talk to me about driving away. ****ing **** sucking faggot ass mother ****er.

Unregistered

You are a buffoon. Obviously, you are a troll who is not LEO. You came onto a LEO board to stir the pot regarding a deadly situation that was handled exceptionally by Deputy Curry. Do us all a favor and crawl back under your rock.

I actually used to evaluate police shooting and other tactics.
    Sure, if you call "evaluate" your running your pie hole on an internet board trying to stir things up. This profession is for some, not for others. Some of us have intestinal fortitude and can do the job. You obviously do not possess the aforementioned quality to do our job but you are quick to criticize us. You probably got a ticket in the past or found out someone you stalked got married to one of us (LEO) and you've had an agenda since. Slink away.

Unregistered

A car is concealment not cover to stop bullets, especially rifle bullets. If you ever went through the LEO academy you'd know that. So driving away while the suspects are peppering your cruiser with rounds is a bad idea. The only option was to engage them immediately and try to stop the threat.

Unregistered
    Keyboard commando navy seal dev gru CAG bad ass wants to criticize a cop for winning a gunbattle with two armed people way to be classy, unreal

Unregistered

You are an obvious troll. But just in case you not, you are a coward.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast