Pinellas County deputy shoots, kills man who pointed gun at him in St. Petersburg - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, as a matter of fact, I have sat in a car in an alley, and several other places. And, I have learned NOT to go head to head with a RIFLE. I would have simply driven off down the alley. In a gunfight, distance is your friend. Now, tell me which sounds smarter. Drive 100 or 150 yards down the alley and call for back-up. Then, get out of the vehicle, arm yourself with your patrol rifle. Rifle against rifle is a much better match than pistol against rifle. Now, a car puts metal and glass between you and your assailant. It is much better than air. So, does standing in the open sound like a better plan than retreating while being partially protected by metal and laminated glass? Also, if he had simply driven off, he woould not have had a threat to ENGAGE, would he?

Now, I would LOVE to see Curry's statement as well as the completed investigation. I actually used to evaluate police shooting and other tactics. Now, the whole point of LE is to enforce the law for 20-30 years and retire, in one piece, more or less. If you want to commit suicide, there are much easier ways to do it. Now, the reason I brought this up, is to save the lives of members of your department, who might choose to jump out in front of a combat veteran, armed with a rifle, who might actually want to harm you. Whether you believe it or not, Curry was really lucky. The armed subjects were both incredibly poor shots and were not determined to shoot Curry. He managed not to get shot ans did not wound or kill any innocent bystanders, with his rounds that missed.

But, you go ahead and do whatever you want, in these types pf situations. Police funerals are pretty spectacular.
    It’s has been pieces of shitz like you who make me want to gag. Fuk you and all the puzzie St. Pete people who created this environment in the Burg where thug fking azz bags think they can point a gun at someone that KNOW is a cop and think they can get away with it. Sadly thats what puzzie azz SPPD commanders have created in “the burg.” The Sheriff is not taking this crap and has to clean up the mess created by the lack of law enforcement and too many fking midnight basketball games. As to your STUPID fking idea of driving away what would you say if Curry took a .223 in the head because he was driving away instead of doing what he did that was to kill the threat and do actual fking police work. It’s puzzies like you that make it bad for the rest of us. The Sheriff will be back in the Burg tonight to do SPPD’s job cause they are neutered and dont police. Holloway would have melted and suspended his officer for some BS made up policy violation that night to appease the liberal azz mayor and the Sheriff told them to fuk off. Good job Sheriff!

Unregistered
    Why? Because he’s not a weak little worm like you. He’s the kind of man your wife fantasizes about while your semi-hard little baby pecker disappoints her yet again.
    See, this iss the attitude that gets not only LEOs who have it killed, but also the men and women who have to run into these situations to attempt to save their ass. This is not Dodge City or Tombstone in the late 1800s, Slick. This is modern law enforcement.

Now, you see two men, who you do not know, approaching you with exposed firearms. So, you jump out of your car, draw your weapon and point it at them. They, reasonably, point their weapons at you. Now, someone feels threatened to the point where they fire a round. And, what do we have? A shootout in an urban area, where the vast majority of projectiles are going to miss their targets, putting the rest of the community at risk.

On the other hand, if you simply drive down the block, when you see these men approaching, you defuse the situation and eliminate the gun fight. Then you use the considerable resources of LE to locate these people with guns, and disarm them. You significantly reduce the danger of you or an innocent citizen being wounded and possibly killed..

Which sounds better to you? Which approach makes more sense? There are times when a LEO has to engage a suspect with deadly force. Then there are times when a tactical withdrawal makes more sense. As the song goes; you have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run. The most powerful weapon in your arsenal is your brain, learn to use it.

Unregistered
    Action vs Reaction. He would of been killed backing down the road fuk tard.
    Would he? Now I don' know exactly where he was parked, but from the location pictures that I have seen in the news, the alley, which was roped off, appeared to be open at both ends. And, how do we know that the armed suspects would have fired at all, if he had left? Remember, the Deputy had the time to exit his vehicle before the engagement began and he chose to do so. He was not under fire while in his vehicle nor did he begin the engagement from inside the vehicle.

So, would he have been killed if he had simply driven off? I guess the investigation will answer that questtion.

Unregistered
    First off you’re a piece of shot and I hope you die alone. Second, you weren’t there asshole. All you can do is guess at what you think should have happened. Third, you attack the threat when you’re ambushed, you don’t run and hide like a coward. If you knew a god damn thing about this topic you would never had started your faggot ass cop block bullshit. You’re a coward. Fourth, go ask for the case file when it’s closed and then talk to me about driving away. ****ing **** sucking faggot ass mother ****er.
    Nice response. Does your Momma know you talk loike that in public? Actually, you are wrong on almost all of this.

True, I was not there. Apparently NO ONE was there except the Deputy and the two armed men. It will intereting to see if any dash or body cam footage becomes available, if it exists. So, that argument is moot.

Now about attacking the threat, if you are ambushed. That, my friend is total BS and shows that you are either an idiot or your training is seriously lacking. The first thing that you do, when ambushed, is to break contact. That has been infantry doctrine since the late 1800s. This is especially true if your are, or believe you are, being engaged by a superior force. Then, you regroup and either continue your retreat or engage the attacking force. Did you learn anything about the use of cover and concealment in your training?

So, do you have first hand knowledge of what is in the case file, to date? Does it show that Curry could not have left the immediate area safely?

Look, people make ill thought out decisions all the time. While these decisions are often considered less than optimum, under the circumstances, they can be justified, to some degree. Now, if the armed men, who approached Curry, knew or suspected that he was a deputy, then walking toward his vehicle, with exposed weapons, was extremely ill conceived. However, unless it was apparent that rhe two were intent upon attacking him, exiting the vehicle and deciding to brace them, face to face with nothing but a 9x19mm handgun and a smile, was also most likely ill conceived. This led to a decision on the part of one party to open fire. And, we still do not know exactly who opened fire. However, given the PCSO press release, it appears that Curry was the first to fire, as he reported said that he was in fear for his life. This tends to indicate that he was not under active fire, at the time he opened fire. If such iis the case, then he has to justify his decisions. Fortunately, he is alive to attempt to do so.

Unregistered
    Well, as a matter of fact, I have sat in a car in an alley, and several other places. And, I have learned NOT to go head to head with a RIFLE. I would have simply driven off down the alley. In a gunfight, distance is your friend. Now, tell me which sounds smarter. Drive 100 or 150 yards down the alley and call for back-up. Then, get out of the vehicle, arm yourself with your patrol rifle. Rifle against rifle is a much better match than pistol against rifle. Now, a car puts metal and glass between you and your assailant. It is much better than air. So, does standing in the open sound like a better plan than retreating while being partially protected by metal and laminated glass? Also, if he had simply driven off, he woould not have had a threat to ENGAGE, would he?

Now, I would LOVE to see Curry's statement as well as the completed investigation. I actually used to evaluate police shooting and other tactics. Now, the whole point of LE is to enforce the law for 20-30 years and retire, in one piece, more or less. If you want to commit suicide, there are much easier ways to do it. Now, the reason I brought this up, is to save the lives of members of your department, who might choose to jump out in front of a combat veteran, armed with a rifle, who might actually want to harm you. Whether you believe it or not, Curry was really lucky. The armed subjects were both incredibly poor shots and were not determined to shoot Curry. He managed not to get shot ans did not wound or kill any innocent bystanders, with his rounds that missed.

But, you go ahead and do whatever you want, in these types pf situations. Police funerals are pretty spectacular.
    Only you liberal pussies run from an attack. Guess what Pelosi, Curry wasn't a ***** and took care of the job without having to spend millions on the trash being in prison. I suggest you and the likes of you move to a shithole run democratic city like Baltimore, Chicago, St.Louis and the such and see how dangerous democratic cities are. St.Pete is safer today, but we have a long way to go to rid that crime infested city of the trash that Curry dispatched.

Unregistered
    When two suspects who evaded apprehension by two other agencies approach with guns drawn it's safe to say they are not inquiring about joining the PBA. They intent to kill you. You don't talk or hesitate, you just shoot to save your life.

Unregistered
    Haaa, now .45 ACP guy is a tactics expert as well! The only time you should attempt to drive away when ambushed at close range while in a vehicle is if the vehicle is already in drive and moving. You think you have time to drive off when sitting in a parked vehicle and you are engaged by a subject armed with an AR-15 just 10 yards from you? If the suspect has any firearms proficiency at all, he’s gonna dump an entire 30rd mag into your vehicle before you can drive a safe distance away.

Unregistered
    Nice response. Does your Momma know you talk loike that in public? Actually, you are wrong on almost all of this.

True, I was not there. Apparently NO ONE was there except the Deputy and the two armed men. It will intereting to see if any dash or body cam footage becomes available, if it exists. So, that argument is moot.

Now about attacking the threat, if you are ambushed. That, my friend is total BS and shows that you are either an idiot or your training is seriously lacking. The first thing that you do, when ambushed, is to break contact. That has been infantry doctrine since the late 1800s. This is especially true if your are, or believe you are, being engaged by a superior force. Then, you regroup and either continue your retreat or engage the attacking force. Did you learn anything about the use of cover and concealment in your training?

So, do you have first hand knowledge of what is in the case file, to date? Does it show that Curry could not have left the immediate area safely?

Look, people make ill thought out decisions all the time. While these decisions are often considered less than optimum, under the circumstances, they can be justified, to some degree. Now, if the armed men, who approached Curry, knew or suspected that he was a deputy, then walking toward his vehicle, with exposed weapons, was extremely ill conceived. However, unless it was apparent that rhe two were intent upon attacking him, exiting the vehicle and deciding to brace them, face to face with nothing but a 9x19mm handgun and a smile, was also most likely ill conceived. This led to a decision on the part of one party to open fire. And, we still do not know exactly who opened fire. However, given the PCSO press release, it appears that Curry was the first to fire, as he reported said that he was in fear for his life. This tends to indicate that he was not under active fire, at the time he opened fire. If such iis the case, then he has to justify his decisions. Fortunately, he is alive to attempt to do so.
    Yea I guess shyt for brains here is right...once learning it was a cop in the car the two criminals decided to go get their guns and bring them to the cop to compare firearms. I can’t understand why any reasonable person would perceive two guys coming out of a house with guns after identifying you as a cop would be suspicious or anything.

And on your point of driving off instead of engaging and how do we know they would have shot....I guess you only have one chance to call Ms. Cleo’s psychic hotline and ask her what these guys are about to do and whether you’ll catch one in the back of the head as you drive away!!! Driving away if you’re already at a distance is one thing but attempting to drive away when they are merely feet from your vehicle could be a fatal mistake because it would take fuk head a split second to raise his rifle and perforate that whole car. Better odds to jump out and engage then take one in the head driving away. Now go fuk urself puzzy boy.

Unregistered
    I don’t know who’s infantry you were in or how 2:1 is a superior force but the Corps taught me to fight my way through a damn ambush regardless of its setup (linear, L, 360, etc). You are one sorry excuse for a grunt if your first instinct is to turn tail and run from a linear ambush such as what Curry faced. He made the right call by any measure. If he had fled and those two decided to engage him and struck some citizens y’all would be saying he was a coward and didn’t engage an armed threat he knew existed and good people were wounded or killed.

Don’t come on here and spout off some trash thinking you are intelligent because there is always someone with more training and experience than you who will make you look silly. Even someone with a basic understanding of tactics understands that you simply have to keep from getting flanked to overcome a linear ambush and violence of swift violence of action is necessary to survive.You seek out, close with and destroy those who have clearly demonstrated the intent, ability, and means to kill you, period.

Unregistered

Guess what. No one gives a shit what you think. Your opinion and your ridiculous thoughts start and end here. You’re a ***** ass holster sniffer who has a superiority complex. Obviously you are a coward and have no business in law enforcement. Maybe you should try being a security guard at Walmart. I here they don’t have to make difficult decisions. EAD faggot.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast