Pinellas County deputy shoots, kills man who pointed gun at him in St. Petersburg - Page 20
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Were any of the ones posting, this crap there? I 'm amazed at the backing one gets in this department, from fellow deputies. Now were weapons found near where the bodies dropped? What about that little old lady, that always seems to be looking out her window at the right time and shoots to sh!t a cops story on what happen. Has she be interviewed? She's pretty much always in the right place at the right moment, in all U.S. major cities. Question's were asked why was he riding alone? I don't know was he, if so why? I say let the investigation run it's course and deal with the fallout afterword's, if any. No officer worth his weight in experience, is going out just looking for a person to shoot. If so, they shouldn't be here. Curry isn't one of those types.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have not called anyone any names. I have simply asked questions about the events leading up to this shooting and the tactics employed by the deputy. I have never suggested that the deputy maliciously Attacked Golden and Ford. However, given what Curry did not know, and could not have known, there are several big questions concerning why he chose to open fire on Golden and Ford. No one seems to be able to answer those questions. And, they all have to be answered, sooner or later, to rule that the shooting was justified, under Florida law. So far, all we have is the deputy's statement that he was in fear for his life because one or both men pointed guns at him. We do not have any particulars on exactly in what manner the weapon(s) was pointed at him. And, so far, there is no evidence that either Golden or Ford fired first. So far, it is looking as though Curry opened fired first.

If no one has these answers, they feel threatened. Then they attack the person asking the questions.
    I don't believe anyone with direct knowledge is going to answer your questions here. They are going to or probably already have answered them to IA and the SAO.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    I don't believe anyone with direct knowledge is going to answer your questions here. They are going to or probably already have answered them to IA and the SAO.

Mod 1
    Well, if IA and the SAO have already answered these questions, then we should be getting the answers rather quickly, of they are favorable to Curry and the agency. This is what always happens in such incidents, especially in an election year. Now, what is important, in these investigations, is the actions of the subjects involved, what they knew and when they knew it and if the actions were justifiable under Florida State Law.

In this case, we have no information being released on these questions. So far the agency has made a big deal of the fact that the two men were convicted felons. Unfortunately, this is meaningless, as Curry did not know either of the men or that they were convicted felons. Then you have the timing of Curry beginning to shoot at Golden. As Curry was not engaged in attempting to make an arrest or engage in any other enforcement action, this means that Curry is claiming that he took the action that he did, in self defense. And, those actions are governed by FSS 726.012. Then we have the alleged threat, by Golden and/or Ford. Unless Ford has confessed that Golden threatened Curry, then all we have is Golden's claim. Now, there might be some physical evidence to support Curry's claim, such as bullet holes in the interior of the car or the outside of the driver's door., indicating that Golden was actively firing at Curry, before Curry opened fire on him. But that information has not been released.Then, there is the question of why, if Golden was intent upon shooting Curry, why he could not accomplish this, or fire more than three rounds, from 30 feet? Or, why walk up to a car with a known armed LEO inside it, when you could have put 20 rounds through the side window and door, then walk over and make sure the LEO was dead? Then we have to answer the question of exactly what did Golden do and could it be reasonably construed to be a direct threat of an imminent attack using deadly force? These are all questions which would be asked and require an answer if this was a civilian shooting incident. So when do we get these answers? And, why is the Sheriff out there giving twenty minute press conferences, in which he contradicts his earlier statements?

Now, I have no problem with anyone posting that we actually have no idea what evidence the agency has, because it is not releasing anything substantive.

I wholly agree that we do not have clear answers to these questions, at this time. But we will if Ford ever goes to court or if a civil damages suit is heard. So, we shall see what happens here.

Unregistered
    Use different bait or fish in a different hole, you can only say the same thing so many times, geezalou.

Unregistered
    It's up to McCabe right now to look over the evidence and make a determination. He has all the information unknown to the public and to us. McCabe will take as much time as he needs to get it right. There is a lot of speculation in this discussion but since we don't know all the facts it remains just speculation.

Unregistered
    Well, if IA and the SAO have already answered these questions, then we should be getting the answers rather quickly, of they are favorable to Curry and the agency. This is what always happens in such incidents, especially in an election year. Now, what is important, in these investigations, is the actions of the subjects involved, what they knew and when they knew it and if the actions were justifiable under Florida State Law.

In this case, we have no information being released on these questions. So far the agency has made a big deal of the fact that the two men were convicted felons. Unfortunately, this is meaningless, as Curry did not know either of the men or that they were convicted felons. Then you have the timing of Curry beginning to shoot at Golden. As Curry was not engaged in attempting to make an arrest or engage in any other enforcement action, this means that Curry is claiming that he took the action that he did, in self defense. And, those actions are governed by FSS 726.012. Then we have the alleged threat, by Golden and/or Ford. Unless Ford has confessed that Golden threatened Curry, then all we have is Golden's claim. Now, there might be some physical evidence to support Curry's claim, such as bullet holes in the interior of the car or the outside of the driver's door., indicating that Golden was actively firing at Curry, before Curry opened fire on him. But that information has not been released.Then, there is the question of why, if Golden was intent upon shooting Curry, why he could not accomplish this, or fire more than three rounds, from 30 feet? Or, why walk up to a car with a known armed LEO inside it, when you could have put 20 rounds through the side window and door, then walk over and make sure the LEO was dead? Then we have to answer the question of exactly what did Golden do and could it be reasonably construed to be a direct threat of an imminent attack using deadly force? These are all questions which would be asked and require an answer if this was a civilian shooting incident. So when do we get these answers? And, why is the Sheriff out there giving twenty minute press conferences, in which he contradicts his earlier statements?

Now, I have no problem with anyone posting that we actually have no idea what evidence the agency has, because it is not releasing anything substantive.

I wholly agree that we do not have clear answers to these questions, at this time. But we will if Ford ever goes to court or if a civil damages suit is heard. So, we shall see what happens here.

Try one of the I-75 wrong way fatalities. You have a better chance at that payday you dream of

Unregistered
    Actually, I have not answered my question, and neither have you. Apparently your position is simply because a deputy says that something is so, it is the gospel. Now, this might apply in traffic cases, like a stop sign violation, but this is a homicide. And, the homicide is only justifiable if Curry's actions were lawful under the laws of self defense. There has to be some evidence to back up the deputy's claims. So far, we have seen none. No bullet holes in the car. No injuries to the deputy. No witnesses. And no motive for a potential attack by Golden and Fortd. In other words, all we have is the deputy's statement.

Get back to me when you have some something to actual answer my questions with.
    There is one more witness. Ford. But they will over-charge him, threaten him with life in prison and try and screw him out of due process every step of the way if he dares to open his mouth and tell what really happened (that is supported by evidence). If he is a good boy, shuts his mouth and doesn't rat our Curry for killing his friend, he may get a plea deal for a gun charge and a few years time served. That's how that works.

Unregistered
    Yes, silly us, siding with what one of us said, you know giving him the benefit of the doubt until proven that he doesn’t deserve it...

We trust one another out here until you give us a reason not to...why don’t you come along for the ride and let it play out?

If you haven’t figured it out yet, you are not converting any of us to your line of thinking; that Curry just decided to murder two random fellas for the heck of it.

...and there is only one of you; spelling, syntax and such doesn’t vary much at all...you don’t even have the sense to wait more than a few minutes to change ‘identities’...
    Nobody says Curry tried to murder two random fellas for the heck of it. But let's be honest, Curry is not known for keeping his cool and he has had some pretty major **** ups all tied to his inability to make sound decisions. This is just one more.

Unregistered

Here in Pinellas, two black men with a gun (Curry's story) is all that is needed to open fire. There is a 2nd amendment sliding scale in Pinellas. According to the color of your skin, you may or may not be allowed to carry a gun across your own backyard.

Unregistered
    Wow that was an ignorant rant, please stop before you get stuck permanently on stupid!

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast