Pinellas County deputy shoots, kills man who pointed gun at him in St. Petersburg - Page 5
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    When are we going to realize that this fella is only succeeding at sucking us into his warped game and making us all angry. Ignore him, we owe him and his ilk no more explanation; it is obviously a waste of time and he only sees things from his point of view. We are all wrong.

Unregistered
    First of all we don't know all the facts surrounding this incident because the investigation is not finished yet. SA McCabe will have the final word after receiving the results of the investigation. So far it looks like a simple case of self defense by Curry when confronted by two armed felons intent on murdering him. My guess is that SA McCabe will arrive at the same conclusion. Case closed.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where did you learn this doctrine of assaulting through an ambush? The biggest problem with pressing forward, through an active ambush is that you have no idea what is ahead of you. You have a pretty good idea what is behind you, unless you have been flanked. Your squad may fight its way past a small ambush only to run smack dab into a full company. How do you intend to fight your way through that, Chuckles? So, what brilliant strategist taught you to fight deeper into an ambush rather than to engage, break contact and withdraw?

Did they actually pick a fight with Curry? So far, all we have is a statement form the Sheriff, reportedly based upon what Curry told investigators, that Curry engaged the two men because the "feared for his life". If this is accurate, then it suggests that Curry initiated the gunfire, not the two armed men. A cop, who responded to a person shooting at him, would most likely say that the assailant fired at him and he returned fire. This would be a clear statement of self defense. We will have to wait for more of the investigation to be released. Also, we will have to wait to see why Curry could not have simply driven away from the assumed threat.

I'll make a little prediction here. This case is going to become convoluted, fanywhere.yeah yestigative standpoint. Ford is likely to claim sell defense and that Curry initiated the gunfight, to which he [Ford] and the other man responded. Hopefully, for Curry, there are bullet holes, from something other than a 9x19mm, in his vehicle. Otherwise, timing becomes a problem. Then there is the fact that Curry was in plain clothes and an unmarked vehicle. Why should anyone believe that he was a LEO? Unless he showed his creds to the person, his word is hardly of any value. He is just some guy in a tactical vest with the word "police" on it loitering behind some residences. Suspecting that the man is armed, two men approach the vehicle with visible arms, the man, in plain clothes jumps out and brandishes a handgun at them. And, someone begins firing. Now, the question is, if the two men actually intended to harm the unknown man in the alley, why didn't they continue their attack? This will be the defense, by Ford. and, it makes sense, unless there is some evidence to discredit it. This is not a cut and dried police defensive shooting, but a he said-he said case involving two armed men in plain clothes.

I have been critical of Curry, but Ford and his deceased partner also are responsible for the situation. If they did not believe that Curry was a deputy, then all they had to do was call the local PD or SO. They apparently did neither, instead choosing to investigate on their own. Not a bright move.

This may turn out all right for Curry, if the dead man has no family to push the issue.
    yeah youre right I failed to recognize the company sized element roaming around south st petersburg. You got me there.

He should have called in CAS for a flare mission as a show of force. Logically the bad guys would have disengaged and ran. We should put you in his spot in VCTF.

Unregistered
    yeah youre right I failed to recognize the company sized element roaming around south st petersburg. You got me there.

He should have called in CAS for a flare mission as a show of force. Logically the bad guys would have disengaged and ran. We should put you in his spot in VCTF.
    Hey, Chuckles, the world is not how you MIGHT imagine it to be. You brought up being trained to fight your way THROUGH an ambush, not break contact and retreat. I notice that you did not bother to tell us WHO trained you to do that. And, the "bad guys" did, in fact, disengage and run, in Curry's case. The problem is, were they the ones walking into the ambush?

You want to believe that these two men were about to ambush Curry. Yet, there is no evidence, other than Curry's word, to support that. They failed to attempt to engage him from cover and at a distance. Reports have Ford only firing at Curry, in response to Curry's fire, as he [Ford] ran away. There should be some serious questions as to the validity of Curry's actions. We'll see if any are asked.

Unregistered
    Hey, Chuckles, the world is not how you MIGHT imagine it to be. You brought up being trained to fight your way THROUGH an ambush, not break contact and retreat. I notice that you did not bother to tell us WHO trained you to do that. And, the "bad guys" did, in fact, disengage and run, in Curry's case. The problem is, were they the ones walking into the ambush?

You want to believe that these two men were about to ambush Curry. Yet, there is no evidence, other than Curry's word, to support that. They failed to attempt to engage him from cover and at a distance. Reports have Ford only firing at Curry, in response to Curry's fire, as he [Ford] ran away. There should be some serious questions as to the validity of Curry's actions. We'll see if any are asked.
    *PUTZ*

Nothing more need be said.

Unregistered
    Yeah 2 felons walking in alley with guns in middle of night wouldn't be an ambush according to this fool.

Unregistered

What we have here is a puzzy BOY. Curry or any other real cop would easily slap this sissy BOY around like the wimp that he is. Isn’t that right, BOY? You can’t fight so you try to drag down anyone who is more of a man than you. Isn’t that right, BOY?

Unregistered
    *PUTZ*

Nothing more need be said.
    Largely due to the fact that you can not actually address what I said. So, whi is the Putz here?

Unregistered
    What we have here is a puzzy BOY. Curry or any other real cop would easily slap this sissy BOY around like the wimp that he is. Isn’t that right, BOY? You can’t fight so you try to drag down anyone who is more of a man than you. Isn’t that right, BOY?
    Again with the totally unsubstantiated insults.

To be kind, I will tell something that I learned in my 3 decades of LE. There 3 kinds of road cops. The smart, who go to work everyday and enforce the law thoughtfully. They also think before they act, which is possible in 98% of the situations that a LEO may find himself in. Then there are those who overreact, without thought, to a situation and end up in trouble. And, they usually drag other LEOs into trouble as well. Then there are the scared. These LEOs view everything as a direct threat to them and usually end up facing improper or illegal use of force complaints, as well as putting other LEOs in the trick bag with them. I have seen them all, over the years.

I do not have to throw my weight around, to prove my manhood. I do not need to push handcuffed arrestees down stairs, walk them into doorjambs, or kick them around on the street. After all, they are going to jail for a provable crominal offense, not me. And I have no intention of sharing a cell with them. I have had my share of fights, on the street, including some with deadly weapons. But, I always tried to avoid them. With an armed posse at your back, you can usually make an arrest or defuse a situation without getting killed or having to kill anyone else. Just my personal philosophy. But, it always made it easier on me, the public and the suspects. On the street, II had the power, because I knew how to use it.

So, keep slamming those beer cans against your forehead to prove how tough you are..

Unregistered
    Yeah 2 felons walking in alley with guns in middle of night wouldn't be an ambush according to this fool.
    From Curry's perspective, at the time, what you had were two unknown men in the yard of their residence [they had come from inside the residential building which Curry was supposedly watching], openly carrying guns, which is legal in Florida, walking toward his unmarked car, in which he sat in plain clothes with a funky vest with the word "Sheriff" on it. He has failed to clearly identify himself as a deputy sheriff, either through presentation of his credentials, or, at least, his badge.

While the two men could have intended to harm him, this is not clearly established. They could have opened fire from a far greater distance, especially with the rifle; but they did not. Curry had no idea of the identity of the two men, or that they were convicted felons, at the time of the shooting. And, the Sheriff's statement suggests that Curry fired first and that the shots fired by the two men were in response to the attack upon them. No evidence has been clearly presented that it could be reasonably assumed, by Curry, that he was facing imminent attack with deadly force. You are free to believe him, in this regard. And it may welll be true. But, there has to be some evidence that it is true, to make all of this a good PIS. And, we haven't heard from Ford yet, have we? I hope that Curry is found to be justified. But, this could still go either way.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast