Health Care Trust

Unregistered

Health Care Trust

I am currently waiting to get picked up by TPD so I can leave my liberal west coast agency. We went down the health care trust road several years ago and it was a disaster for all of us. The Health Care Trust sounded great at first but when we entered year #4, everything started to fall apart. The first two years were awesome. The prices for all of us went down considerably. Everything started to fall apart in year #3. In year #3 we found out that first responders were not as healthy as we were told.

Due to the stress that all of us are exposed to, we are not as healthy as we wish we were. This is when the cost of our health care began to increase. Years #4 and #5?were disastrous for our officers. We were told that the actuaries miscalculated the cost due to the frequent ER and doctor visits by the members. We crawled back to the city in year #7. Our premiums were significantly highly due to us leaving the city health plan. Our monthly payments were much higher that they were before.

Be careful what you wish for. Stay safe and I hope to be working with TPD in the next several months.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am currently waiting to get picked up by TPD so I can leave my liberal west coast agency. We went down the health care trust road several years ago and it was a disaster for all of us. The Health Care Trust sounded great at first but when we entered year #4, everything started to fall apart. The first two years were awesome. The prices for all of us went down considerably. Everything started to fall apart in year #3. In year #3 we found out that first responders were not as healthy as we were told.

Due to the stress that all of us are exposed to, we are not as healthy as we wish we were. This is when the cost of our health care began to increase. Years #4 and #5?were disastrous for our officers. We were told that the actuaries miscalculated the cost due to the frequent ER and doctor visits by the members. We crawled back to the city in year #7. Our premiums were significantly highly due to us leaving the city health plan. Our monthly payments were much higher that they were before.

Be careful what you wish for. Stay safe and I hope to be working with TPD in the next several months.
    Calling BS on this one...

Unregistered
    What department? If you are planning on coming to Tampa, you should share that department's name so we can continue to do our research. After all, this would benefit you in the long run if we make contact with your agency and inquire about the pros vs cons.

Unregistered
    Yea, we can see right through this.

Unregistered
    How do you know you are going to be working with TPD within next several months?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Unregistered
    Well name the agency or I am calling you out as s plant!!!!!

Unregistered
    The last thing someone looking to get hired looks at is health insurance. Schedule, take home car, pay-scale, OD potential and pension yes; insurance plan NO WAY I CALL BS. This poster is in my opinion someone from the city who knows it is going to cost them big time once we go. Trust me this poster is not a real person who is in the hiring process. Don't buy the BS!!!!

Unregistered
    The liar who started this thread needs to be identified and outed. He then needs to have his face slapped sideways and maybe even a solid throat punch.

Unregistered

BS

We don't get too many applicants from the West coast. All we have to do is see who applied from the West Coast and go from there. It is funny how this applicant is all of a sudden posting negative comments on the night of our vote.

Unregistered
    Sounds like it failed because your actuary is not good at his job.