Step vs percent raise - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    People in the academy don't vote and that's about 80 of them. They are not police officers and are not sworn in yet. So that's about 90 newbies that could vote for the %. We need to push for the STEPS.... For those that are maxed out they always get a 2% raise that's normal ask around. For those who got a recent promotion and aren't getting a step this time around you already got a nice step from Officer to Sgt. or Sgt. to Lt. So don't ***** you already got a nice raise this year.

STEP STEP STEP STEP STEP STEP STEP
    PASS IT AROUND....

Unregistered
    For those who are posting here or others just reading, please understand whatever the tentative agreement says it’s the BEST we’re going to get. Voting down a tentative agreement just pisses the District off and we end up getting less or nothing. Understand that what we’re being offered is what we’re getting. Vote yes and get paid!

Unregistered

Please help me understand. According to what I saw yesterday I am on step 1A and I add three percent is 1272 plus 3000 increase to whatever rras is is a total of 4272 as a raise? If I did that math correct that's almost a 5000 dollar raise!!!! Hell yes I'm voting YES plus 2 more vacation days!!!!! I will vote YES AND YES AND YES AND YES AND YES AND YES AND YES. THIS IS AWESOME!!!! ONLY BEEN HERE 8 MOS AND GETTING A RAISE 🎇🎇😃😎👍🔥

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please help me understand. According to what I saw yesterday I am on step 1A and I add three percent is 1272 plus 3000 increase to whatever rras is is a total of 4272 as a raise? If I did that math correct that's almost a 5000 dollar raise!!!! Hell yes I'm voting YES plus 2 more vacation days!!!!! I will vote YES AND YES AND YES AND YES AND YES AND YES AND YES. THIS IS AWESOME!!!! ONLY BEEN HERE 8 MOS AND GETTING A RAISE 🎇🎇😃😎👍🔥
    You’ll essentially get the 3% retro back to July 2019. The $3k from the referendum will not kick in until July 2020. Congratulations, you just made an extra $30 per check. For anyone that was due a step, they get shorted because the 3% is less than what’s due on any of the steps.

Unregistered
    The 3% is only applied to the referendum amount not your base pay or the pay with your supplements. Then you might get the other referendum amount in July 2020.....watch out, you may not. It doesnt sound right to me.

Unregistered
    It clearly favors the vets more then the whole department as one or as "United" they say. Anyone that has more then a year on is owed a step not a little percentage. The referendum should be equal across the board. A step is always more then a percantage. If u choose percantage it will take you longer to cap out. Read your contract!

Unregistered
    I did read it. And the attachment. The 3 percent is to the base pay just funded through the referendum and my 3 k from the other makes my raise 4300 and i am one of the new ones in the 1st step. If i only got a step it would 1200. I make more with this one any day. You guys are stupid if you listen to anyone here posting it looks like 1 or 2 guys just unhappy because they don't get a step this year even if it means we don't get anything. And it should benefit the vets more. They have been here longer. When i am here like them i want to be recognized. Every job is like that. Or at least it should be.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did read it. And the attachment. The 3 percent is to the base pay just funded through the referendum and my 3 k from the other makes my raise 4300 and i am one of the new ones in the 1st step. If i only got a step it would 1200. I make more with this one any day. You guys are stupid if you listen to anyone here posting it looks like 1 or 2 guys just unhappy because they don't get a step this year even if it means we don't get anything. And it should benefit the vets more. They have been here longer. When i am here like them i want to be recognized. Every job is like that. Or at least it should be.
    The steps for officers range from 2k to just over 8k. Every single person who is due a step is going to make less by getting a 3% raise. The additional referendum is something extra which you won’t even see until this July.

For those confused about who gets what, read the contract yourself. Stop letting the board lie to you and give you different versions of who qualifies for a step and who doesn’t. The contract is clear, HIRE date

Unregistered

Steps steps steps !!

Don’t even bother with these rookies, they’re all democrats. They don’t think about the long run, the steps were created for a reason so that is FAIR for everyone in the long run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12