Step vs percent raise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Step vs percent raise

So what is better a percent or a step? What pays more?
    Who benefits more from what?

Unregistered
    Steps!!!! we have been fighting for them for years. Palacio is the only one that will be benefiting from the % because he's not getting a step this year after his recent promotion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Steps!!!! we have been fighting for them for years. Palacio is the only one that will be benefiting from the % because he's not getting a step this year after his recent promotion.
    He’s a fat slob, or dare we say, “ordained fat slob.” A percentage of his weight, even at one-percent, could potentially be a huge pay raise.

Unregistered
    There’s a reason why our contract has a salary schedule with STEPS. Each one of those steps is more than a 3% raise. Imagine being an officer on step 7, you’re due a $8k raise. You’d be leaving over $6k on the table for that percentage. Those that benefit from a percentage are the one that are already maxed out, or the ones that aren’t going to receive a step because of the date of hire/promotion (as stated in previous posts). This has been the norm for the past few years, so question why it’s a problem this year and not the previous ones.

Additionally, the shots that have always been taken against previous leadership have always been centered around the labor contract and pay. Current leadership always knocked them for not getting us our steps, which again are in our contract, but instead settled for percentage. Why the change of heart this year?

Also overlooked is the fact that if you agree to a percentage, you delay maxing out another year. What’s to stop them from fighting for a percentage instead of our steps next year.

Ironically, one of the points made last year centered around how we didn’t not reach a tentative agreement until about mid December due to the referendum and how teachers fared in their negotiations. It was said that this year we wouldn’t need to worry about the delay because all we wanted we got, and we would only need to worry about our step. Why are we in the end of January without a tentative agreement?

We have also stopped receiving a recap of what transpired in the meetings. So much for transparency.

Unregistered

Questions

Why weren't we allowed to ask question at our Union meeting? I thought we had a say so or at a minimum allowed to as why is the percentage being pushed and not a step.

Unregistered
    Actually dummies there was a meeting to present your ideas or requests last year in May. I went and gave mine and also went to this last meeting. Although I may not be a fan of the palace I am smart enough to understand that 250+ of the people hired since last march would not get any raise according to our contract because they don't qualify for s step. Please educate yourselves. There is more of them now than there are of us. I am one of those of the step that get six thousand and I understand that it sucks for me but if 250 people vote no you don't get a step anyway. It's this shit here that make us look bad and divided. Oh and to.your point at the end of the meeting our rotund president gave three chances for anyone to say anything from the floor. The only one that spoke was the only female in the room and she asked the question you just did and the explanation was understood you leave 250 people without a raise the rest of us don't get shit. By the way the percentage is not the only money they are fighting for also.more referendum. Don't know know much though he wasn't saying numbers

Unregistered
    You are a dummy, if u would be getting a step worth 6k you wouldn't be posting this idiot. Nice try!

Unregistered
    Don't care what you think. I am in line for a step. I didn't say I liked not getting one. I said I get it! I guess you didn't do well in school. The numbers are the numbers. More new people than us fu##kstick!

Unregistered
    3/31/19 per the contract. A simple look at the personnel update emailed in December shows that it’s around 175 people that were hired after that date. Many of which were hired after July, the start of the fiscal year. Many of those individuals are also still in the academy. The misinformation being spread to the new officers is astounding.

Great, you went to a meeting in May to suggest what we should fight for. Doesn’t change the fact that we’re are almost in February without a tentative agreement, we were not told like in years past what we would be aiming for, what is being discussed at the meetings and the fact that questions are not answered even if you ask them.

Although I will say, I fully expect an email patting himself on the back over all the things HE has accomplished for us.

Unregistered
    Ok pretty much figured out who you are now because you spewing that same venom to a rookie at the station. If you are new here, please pay attention. This guy, with his attorney wife or his chubby friend at the PCC or the other one in NW station is writing this. They are not thinking about you and only themselves. They would rather get a step then to see you, the 175 people hired, the bunch of people that got promoted, and the people who are already topped out. Very selfish. I can tell you how it it really is. Whether you like the guy or not I was stuck on step one for the first 3 years of me being here. Under this fat slob, like they call him. I am on step 6 and got a 10 thousand dollar raise. So you what? If he wants to eat donuts to 600 pounds who cares. Don't believe these guys. And mr "my wife's and attorney" remember when this place wanted to screw for faking an injury or when a girl kicked you in the face it was him who defended you. Yes I went to the meeting no recap yet, we didnt have a meeting in December and we still had a bargaining update. I went back to my email and did the checking before I wrote this and that's all I will say. PS don't let the negative major get to you. Don't be a follower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast