+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
 
  1. #11
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    is there any hope of desantis returning the cola that rick scott robbed us of? When i was hired, i certainly didn't agree to forgoing my cola. That's not cc's fault, but it'd be nice to see what cc is doing to get this restored.



    what say you, chad?????? What say you, desantis?

  2. #12
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    what say you, chad?????? What say you, desantis?
    Eat sh!t and die.

  3. #13
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Get over it, you can’t get everything you want.

  4. #14
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Get over it, you can’t get everything you want.
    We just want the basics. Basic like Tampa and surrounding agencies have. We sure have all the ego and show though.

  5. #15
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Well, I am up for comparisons. How does Hillsborough County SO compare to surrounding counties: Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, and Manatee?

  6. #16
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, I am up for comparisons. How does Hillsborough County SO compare to surrounding counties: Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, and Manatee?
    I don't post here often. I have never worked at other agencies other than ours. I do have one frame of reference. I trained a recruit a few years back that had quit the Pinellas County SO after about 8 years and came here for better pay and greener grass. He made it through SOT, academy, modular, FTO, and phase 5 with flying colors. Shortly after that he put in his notice and went back to Pinellas for a pay cut to start back from the bottom. The squad and supervisors were surprised and often asked him why he was leaving. He always said the same thing... “Over there, I can actually be a cop”. He mentioned the same issues we bring up here. Just food for thought.

  7. #17
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't post here often. I have never worked at other agencies other than ours. I do have one frame of reference. I trained a recruit a few years back that had quit the Pinellas County SO after about 8 years and came here for better pay and greener grass. He made it through SOT, academy, modular, FTO, and phase 5 with flying colors. Shortly after that he put in his notice and went back to Pinellas for a pay cut to start back from the bottom. The squad and supervisors were surprised and often asked him why he was leaving. He always said the same thing... “Over there, I can actually be a cop”. He mentioned the same issues we bring up here. Just food for thought.
    Pinellas micromanages like crazy but the workload is light, unlike TPD and SPPD. That's why people seldom leave.

  8. #18
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pinellas micromanages like crazy but the workload is light, unlike TPD and SPPD. That's why people seldom leave.
    Micromanaging sucks. We have it here but the worse kind. The paranoid nit picking kind. Plus the heavy workload. I see why anyone would leave here to go there. Lesser of two evils.

  9. #19
    Unregistered
    Guest
    There is an old saying, Is the glass half full or half empty? Let’s face it, HCSO has a higher work load and requires more from it’s employees. It is just not in patrol, quit fooling yourself, walk a mile in a detectives shoes then let’s talk. Be fair, each position has its down time but I agree, the majority of the time it is busy. Reference those that leave, maybe they just can’t cut it? You can approach things differently, if you choose. Hold your head high and be proud of your work ethic. Accept that you are in the best place you can be and bite your tongue. If not, you would leave, right! Complaining doesn’t do any good, face reality. I know, I know, you can’t continue doing 150%, trust me, you aren’t. Mathematically, you are unable. What you think is 100% is obviously much less. Accept it for what it is and if this job gets the best of you, you should accept that you can’t keep up and make a different choice. Yes you can, and you will be happier, just like the guy that came from Pinellas and returned for less pay and a lighter work load.

  10. #20
    Unregistered
    Guest
    I agree with most of what you posted, except for this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know, I know, you can’t continue doing 150%, trust me, you aren’t. Mathematically, you are unable. What you think is 100% is obviously much less.


    When patrol deputies take on one additional call, without being completely done with everything from the call they are on, their workload is more than 100%. If everything from call # 1 is not complete, the next call should not be assigned to them.

    "Everything" includes the entire investigation (all of it.....yeah ALL of it), all the latent steps, swabbing, dusting, neighborhood surveys, interviews, viewing sometimes hours worth of videos, from sometimes multiple cameras, copying all said videos, emails, blotters, dailies, impounding all the evidence, finishing the entire street check or the entire report, the followup investigations, and so on. If all of that is not complete before the next call is assigned, then the deputy's work load is at more than 100%

    The deputy is still responsible for 100% of call #1, and 100% of call #2. Repeat this every hour, every day, every month, every year, every decade, every career.

    The same goes for detectives. The amount of work detectives do is INSANE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •