+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    TPD so far ahead

    When is anything going to catch up? They seem to be getting far ahead in every catagory. Payscale, raises, benefits, pension, off duty, manpower, etc.

    For the "don't like it then leave" guy... I think people will at this rate.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When is anything going to catch up? They seem to be getting far ahead in every catagory. Payscale, raises, benefits, pension, off duty, manpower, etc.

    For the "don't like it then leave" guy... I think people will at this rate.

    No, no-one will leave. And the Sheriff knows this! That's why he refuses to "catch up" with TPD.

    HCSO is crap, and employees know that they are also crap.

    That's why no one will do anything about being the crap pay, crap off duty rates, crap retirement multiplier, crap 25-30 years needed for pension, Crap NO COLA after retirement, crap working conditions, crap calls that won't get cancelled, crap doing other agencies' work for them, crap no backup, crap no mid shift, crap shortage on manpower, I could go on and on.



    How does it feel to be a piece of crap, working for a crap agency? BAHAHAHAHAHA

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, no-one will leave. And the Sheriff knows this! That's why he refuses to "catch up" with TPD.

    HCSO is crap, and employees know that they are also crap.

    That's why no one will do anything about being the crap pay, crap off duty rates, crap retirement multiplier, crap 25-30 years needed for pension, Crap NO COLA after retirement, crap working conditions, crap calls that won't get cancelled, crap doing other agencies' work for them, crap no backup, crap no mid shift, crap shortage on manpower, I could go on and on.



    How does it feel to be a piece of crap, working for a crap agency? BAHAHAHAHAHA
    This seems harsh by this poster, but is it a lie? Its all true. The only thing this agency beats other agencies in is having the biggest ego. A giant collective ego that is forced on us from day 1 of the academy. SOT was a prime example of this programming. Thats why no one leaves. Its like a Stockholm syndrome. Its the strangest thing I have ever seen. Between our horrible staffing problems, no mid shift, non stop CYA paperwork, no support, and constant looking over your shoulder, plus all the above, its a miracle anyone still works here!

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This seems harsh by this poster, but is it a lie? Its all true. The only thing this agency beats other agencies in is having the biggest ego. A giant collective ego that is forced on us from day 1 of the academy. SOT was a prime example of this programming. Thats why no one leaves. Its like a Stockholm syndrome. Its the strangest thing I have ever seen. Between our horrible staffing problems, no mid shift, non stop CYA paperwork, no support, and constant looking over your shoulder, plus all the above, its a miracle anyone still works here!
    So what you’re saying is you can’t cut it as part of the elite.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what you’re saying is you can’t cut it as part of the elite.
    Exactly this. Prime example. Hey bro, hit the streets and get dispatched to an animal call with no training or equipment while animal control takes their sweet time. Go work a few of FHP’s crashes because they are too busy, go work a few calls the TPD had the balls to refuse, go work a shop lift call for three days straight for a $40 theft that other agencies would have told these sorry loss prevention scammers to fukl off. All to not make our detectives sad. Go write some pointless paper because our leaders have no idea what our job is and because of that cant speak up or are too scared to speak up for us. We have been made the bottom of the barrel janitors of all the surrounding agencies. We are anything but elite. Noticing problems and speaking up is not the same as not being able to handle it. I can handle this joke of a job very well.

    Your “so your saying” straw man argument is only used by children, manipulators, and morons to derail the subject. Same when people we are about to arrest pull the race card. It makes you switch from explaining your case to explaining why its not a race thing. Notice I responded while still maintaining the topic. Its ok, “elite” children seeking approval would never understand. One day if and when you gain self worth, you will understand the reason this thread and other like it were started. You will understand what makes an agency better than ours.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crap NO COLA after retirement
    When you are young you don’t think about stuff like this. If you live to be retired 10+ years this factor will be your biggest regret about committing to an FRS pension. When you retire at 30 years immediately you suffer a 10% loss of your buying power (90% pension) and then every year after inflation will chip away at your buying power by almost 3% a year. After ten years you will have only 60% of the buying power from the day you retired, after 20 years only 30% of the buying power. You’ll probably hope your dead after 20 years but if you are still alive your no cola pension will be barely be enough for pocket change.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Is there any hope of DeSantis returning the COLA that Rick Scott robbed us of? When I was hired, I certainly didn't agree to forgoing my COLA. That's not CC's fault, but it'd be nice to see what CC is doing to get this restored.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Exactly this. Prime example. Hey bro, hit the streets and get dispatched to an animal call with no training or equipment while animal control takes their sweet time. Go work a few of FHP’s crashes because they are too busy, go work a few calls the TPD had the balls to refuse, go work a shop lift call for three days straight for a $40 theft that other agencies would have told these sorry loss prevention scammers to fukl off. All to not make our detectives sad. Go write some pointless paper because our leaders have no idea what our job is and because of that cant speak up or are too scared to speak up for us. We have been made the bottom of the barrel janitors of all the surrounding agencies. We are anything but elite. Noticing problems and speaking up is not the same as not being able to handle it. I can handle this joke of a job very well.

    Your “so your saying” straw man argument is only used by children, manipulators, and morons to derail the subject. Same when people we are about to arrest pull the race card. It makes you switch from explaining your case to explaining why its not a race thing. Notice I responded while still maintaining the topic. Its ok, “elite” children seeking approval would never understand. One day if and when you gain self worth, you will understand the reason this thread and other like it were started. You will understand what makes an agency better than ours.
    Your grammar and punctuation is atrocious. No wonder you can’t get past the bottom entry level.

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what you’re saying is you can’t cut it as part of the elite.
    Did you say elite?

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When you are young you don’t think about stuff like this. If you live to be retired 10+ years this factor will be your biggest regret about committing to an FRS pension. When you retire at 30 years immediately you suffer a 10% loss of your buying power (90% pension) and then every year after inflation will chip away at your buying power by almost 3% a year. After ten years you will have only 60% of the buying power from the day you retired, after 20 years only 30% of the buying power. You’ll probably hope your dead after 20 years but if you are still alive your no cola pension will be barely be enough for pocket change.
    And this is why you don't just rely on your FRS. Open a savings account, Deferred Comp, and even open up a Roth IRA. I have all of those To supplement my retirement money. No COLA sucks but at least it's a retirement. Many folks out there are working until they're 67 to retire on an abysmal payment monthly. Be wise and don't live over your means and you'll be all right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •