TPD so far ahead - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with most of what you posted, except for this.

When patrol deputies take on one additional call, without being completely done with everything from the call they are on, their workload is more than 100%. If everything from call # 1 is not complete, the next call should not be assigned to them.

"Everything" includes the entire investigation (all of it.....yeah ALL of it), all the latent steps, swabbing, dusting, neighborhood surveys, interviews, viewing sometimes hours worth of videos, from sometimes multiple cameras, copying all said videos, emails, blotters, dailies, impounding all the evidence, finishing the entire street check or the entire report, the followup investigations, and so on. If all of that is not complete before the next call is assigned, then the deputy's work load is at more than 100%

The deputy is still responsible for 100% of call #1, and 100% of call #2. Repeat this every hour, every day, every month, every year, every decade, every career.

The same goes for detectives. The amount of work detectives do is INSANE!!!
    Boooohooooo cry baby. Do your job that you get $90,000 a year plus excellent benefits to perform. You think there aren’t deadlines and tasks requiring multitasking in the private sector?

Unregistered
    Boooohooooo cry baby. Do your job that you get $90,000 a year plus excellent benefits to perform. You think there aren’t deadlines and tasks requiring multitasking in the private sector?
    You can’t reason with these fukcing puzzies. The only solution is to identify them and then find a reason to fire them for the greater good.

Unregistered
    Here we go again. You were presented with facts, which you cannot refute, so you resulted to name calling. Typical HCSO Democratic mentality.

Unregistered
    Here we go again. You were presented with facts, which you cannot refute, so you resulted to name calling. Typical HCSO Democratic mentality.
    Here we go again. You resort to using the word “typical” to build your straw man argument. Piece of sh!t.

Unregistered
    You can’t reason with these fukcing puzzies. The only solution is to identify them and then find a reason to fire them for the greater good.
    This from the same office trying to convince its troops it’s progressive and looking out for their welfare and mental health. Yet, express your issue with the office in an honest fashion, and instead of fixing the issue, their solution is to find and fire you.

Unregistered
    Here we go again. You resort to using the word “typical” to build your straw man argument. Piece of sh!t.
    Again, nothing but facts present, which you again could not refute. So, you reverted to name calling... again.

Since you can't refute these facts, go ahead with the name calling YET AGAIN.... we're waiting...

Unregistered
    I agree with most of what you posted, except for this.

When patrol deputies take on one additional call, without being completely done with everything from the call they are on, their workload is more than 100%. If everything from call # 1 is not complete, the next call should not be assigned to them.

"Everything" includes the entire investigation (all of it.....yeah ALL of it), all the latent steps, swabbing, dusting, neighborhood surveys, interviews, viewing sometimes hours worth of videos, from sometimes multiple cameras, copying all said videos, emails, blotters, dailies, impounding all the evidence, finishing the entire street check or the entire report, the followup investigations, and so on. If all of that is not complete before the next call is assigned, then the deputy's work load is at more than 100%

The deputy is still responsible for 100% of call #1, and 100% of call #2. Repeat this every hour, every day, every month, every year, every decade, every career.

The same goes for detectives. The amount of work detectives do is INSANE!!!
    So some valid points on both sides have been made. At the end of the day, despite not having everything like TPD, this is still a really good agency to be a part of.

And before someone jumps down my throat, I am not in a cushy position. I am not a rookie. I am not drinking cool-aid. I choose to see our glass as half-full. I have been in positions beside patrol, and currently work in patrol and I am truly happy (cannot beat this schedule and it’s working better for me right now in life/family).

This place isn’t perfect, but no place is perfect. Things can always be improved upon here. There are a lot of agencies that wish they could have some of the things we have to include some people who work at TPD. Go to an advance training class and talk to some officers, troopers, and deputies from other agencies and you will see what I mean.

What we need to work on is the internal stress that is placed on people that work here. Some supervisors make working here seem worse than it really is.

The Sheriff is doing a fine job and we should fully get behind the man. If we want things to continually improve, we must volunteer to be a part of the improvement. Just my two cents.

Stay Safe 🙏🏻💯

Unregistered
    I am a topped out patrol deputy. Can you tell me where I can get this $90,000 a year? Besides TPD. I work very hard every day on my four man patrol squad and stay late pretty much every night. I get paid exactly what's on the schedule, but it's not 90k.

Unregistered
    I am a topped out patrol deputy. Can you tell me where I can get this $90,000 a year? Besides TPD. I work very hard every day on my four man patrol squad and stay late pretty much every night. I get paid exactly what's on the schedule, but it's not 90k.
    I’m a maxed out Master Deputy with maxed out education incentive pay and Spanish pay, and I don’t make $90,000 yet. Who is making $90,000?

Unregistered
    I’m a maxed out Master Deputy with maxed out education incentive pay and Spanish pay, and I don’t make $90,000 yet. Who is making $90,000?

Your topped out hourly rate X 2184 hours per year + 96 hours holiday time (since you're topped out in banked holiday pay) + $3000 master pay = more than $90,000.

This does not include the 40 hours of sick time you are eligible to get paid per year.
    This does not include the 40 additional vacation hours you are eligible to get paid per year.
    This does not include all the O.T. you are always crying you're forced to get since we have no mid shift.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast