Questions for Sheriff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can't believe any one of us would go so low to crap on one of our brothers. He would be there to have your back in a second when you need help. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Sometimes the truth hurts and facts are facts. Society would do better to realize this and either take the facts and make a positive change or cry that your feelings were hurt.

Unregistered
    To address the Detective working SGL and modifying there schedule.

It’s actually a good thing for them to modify a schedule. Most that work SGL modify it to come in later the next day which in turn allows them to work later. This Has no effect on there job. To be a Detective you don’t have to work 9-5. In fact it’s sometimes better for them to work late. Not all victims/witnesses are off during the day time.

Spartacus
    Long time stalker here, watching, reading, meditating and contemplating.

A bunch of you took the bait. Hook, line and sinker.

Rather than address leadership issues, you want to come to the rescue of someone over some name calling. Other prior posts did the same thing, someone gets called out and everyone wants to bandwagon and help them save face.

If you’re living in your happy world and everything is great, then why in the world would you even be here on this forum? If one was truly happy and content they would never ever be here, but instead you are here reading to see if you or your crony’s were called out. Go back to liking everyone and commenting on FB. I mean seriously you try to call someone out and yet you remain anonymous?

We have lots that talk the talk but very few that walk the walk.

Someone previously mentioned about people leaving due to lack of leadership, not just the money. Wow, how ironic was it that I read that in more than just one of the leadership books we were asked to read.

In fact this quote comes to mind.

“On any team, in any organization, all responsibility for success and failure rests with the leader. The leader must own everything in his or her world. There is no one else to blame. The leader must acknowledge mistakes and admit failures, take ownership of them, and develop a plan to win.”

—Jocko Willink from the leadership book Extreme Ownership

We are hemorrhaging left and right. But what is being done? Hire more, over hire, bring trainers back out who haven’t been on patrol for years, etc. Again just temporary fixes.

The fact of the matter is that the forum was the only way a lot of our voices were heard because they are definitely not being relayed in the other forum or on any other front.

Ironically, things addressed here get mentioned in the other Forum, in committees, etc.

Similarly, there are plenty of people who are not in the best of shape in organization. But keep in mind, the previous administration did away with the fitness standards we had, not this administration.

We are more concerned with everything else but true physical fitness. So can I be 350 pounds in uniform and still be professional? Yes. Can I have a full sleeve of military artwork including a Purple Heart I earned and still be professional? Yes. Can I have load bearing vest and beard and still remain professional? Yes. Can I wear a ball cap and still be professional? Yes. The concept of common sense seems to be absent. Rather than deal with individuals that can’t perform we want to cut off any possible ties that may look unprofessional in someone’s opinion. Let’s look at performance based critiques instead of physical appearances. If you are physically unable to do the job, let’s come up with a plan to fix it. Seems fair and reasonable.

They mentioned something about facial hair. Yes I saw some Srd with a ridiculous mustache. But considering that they sit and play tic tac toe all day with sick kids, the kids they interact with probably have a better relationship with that srd than the one who’s a class b robot. Last time I checked humor broke down barriers. But let’s be real I’ve seen Winter Springs, Sanford, Winter Park and Longwood cops with facial hair and I wasn’t offended and they look like modern day cops. Again can they do the job or not, that seems like the bigger issue.

We are more concerned with what might happen rather than helping those inside who need our help. What’s being done to help employees that have gained weight, drink more, have marital issues, etc? How many supervisors actually know what’s going on their employee’s lives? Yes the inspiring 5 questions definitely spurred in depth conversations with all of us!!

This is 2020 America not 1970. The comment referring us to circuit city is spot on. We only are progressive where we want to be instead of being progressive as a whole.

We can’t cherry pick criticism and ignore actual issues the organization is having, while we literally are hemorrhaging good employees. Seminole County is our focus not touring the state for political gain.

“Generally when a leader struggles, the root cause behind the problem is that the leader has leaned too far in one direction and steered off course.”

—Jocko Willink again from the leadership book of Extreme Ownership

Bash me if you want, it’s just my opinion as I too am a Nobody.

PS—“The quickest way to destroy an organization’s culture is to not do a great job setting up the organizational structure. When people no longer understand or believe in the way an organization is structured, they lose faith in the vision and in the top leadership. The best way to avoid this pitfall is to involve those further down in the design of responsibility, authority and accountability”

—Lee ****erell the author of Making Magic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12