Missing PBA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing PBA

Unregistered

Missing PBA

So we get to the Children's Parade and find out that the PBA wont be at either parade because they would have to be paid overtime to do so. Why overtime? Maybe I am missing something but can't the police officers at the PBA flex their schedule and take a day off, like everyone else, so that they can be at the parade? Yes, I know they are busy negotiating the contract but what does it say to the membership when they are the only ones who would be paid overtime to work the parade. Why not flex your schedule and be out there with the people who put you in that office instead of being better than the rest. Don't the member donate time for PBA business? Why not use that time. Maybe Darla can explain this to us because it does not reflect well on her and the Union.

Unregistered
    That’s petty bro. Go do your time at the parade, enjoy yourself, and quit worrying about others.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So we get to the Children's Parade and find out that the PBA wont be at either parade because they would have to be paid overtime to do so. Why overtime? Maybe I am missing something but can't the police officers at the PBA flex their schedule and take a day off, like everyone else, so that they can be at the parade? Yes, I know they are busy negotiating the contract but what does it say to the membership when they are the only ones who would be paid overtime to work the parade. Why not flex your schedule and be out there with the people who put you in that office instead of being better than the rest. Don't the member donate time for PBA business? Why not use that time. Maybe Darla can explain this to us because it does not reflect well on her and the Union.
    Stop. You were probably one of the same people complaining about the PBA and their sandwiches. Work your shift , go home and be quiet. I’m sure you survived today without them there.

Unregistered
    That's your union for you. Standing united with the membership.

Unregistered
    Simply not true. Fake News. But why don’t you call Darla or Jimmy and they will tell you exactly what happened.

Unregistered

Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You want some cheese with that whine? If your a member how about growing a set and call Darla or Jimmy and ask instead of whining on this site.

Unregistered
    The guy asked a simple question and you keyboard bad a$$es answer with all your tough guy responses. If you have the answer to his question, just answer him.

Unregistered
    The PBA Executive Board would have lived to have been out there providing meals to the members however it was not an option due to a clause out in by the prior administration. It was worked out between the City/ Chief that any time that would benefit the City has to be overtime and any time that strictly benefits the members is union time. Some examples of this is when there is a shooting or any time a member needs representation from the PBA that is all PBA time no matter what time of day or night or if their 40hrs are already worked there is NO overtime. If there is something the city needs from the PBA then it is overtime i.e. city sponsors Ed events/parades. Darla, Jimmy, and April all offered to volunteer their time to still work the parade and was told they were not allowed to. They worked with RISE Tampa leading up until the parade to assure they had all the information needed to be prepared to serve the members with meals. If you watch the Conversation with the Chief he explains this as well. I hope this answers your questions.

Unregistered
    #8 thank you for clarifying, #7 was that enough of a non-tough guy response for you??

Unregistered
    I’m still waiting for my sandwich. No one ever came to my location. I asked several times and was told they were replenishing their supplies and would be back out soon. I stopped asking if they were coming out after the 3rd time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast