Failure

Thread: Failure

Unregistered

Failure

Chief, you’ve failed in your ability to lead us. We will follow; not because we want to, but because we have to. That’s a big difference, eh?

Unregistered
    Cmon he made a great decision on the new Yankee unit.

Unregistered
    I agree with you

Unregistered

Trust is gone

The latest addition to the SET team is one of a series of mistakes by the chief. Why was she moved without an interview? Why does the chief preach of transparency but make so many inconsistent, secretive moves? (Admin officer, training, SET)
    No one trusts him anymore.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The latest addition to the SET team is one of a series of mistakes by the chief. Why was she moved without an interview? Why does the chief preach of transparency but make so many inconsistent, secretive moves? (Admin officer, training, SET)
    No one trusts him anymore.
    shouldn't have trusted him to begin with.

Unregistered
    Lead us? He’s destroying this department and officer morale. He has no loyalty to the rank and file. If your not one of the good old boys or girls in his click you will never be selected for any specialized unit. Even if they post a job - most times they don’t - the Chief has already picked his favorite. No selection process and no interviews. The same thing happens with promotions through the rank of Captain. I wonder how all the Sergeants who have done their time feel when they see just promoted Sergeants get those specialized units, and again, no selection process, no interviews. Then you watch the same group move from cake job to cake job until they are promoted up the chain. How many times have we watched this happen? I’m going to make a prediction. First a Sergeant in investigations is going to be promoted to Lieutenant (no interviews). Second the Traffic Sergeant is going to get the investigative Sergeant spot (no interviews). the Chief decides the best way to deal with a problem child is to hide them in SET. Let’s not make the supervisors deal with the problem they let happen under their watch. And to all you officers that have been working hard and put in for the SET position...Sorry!!. And Finally a certain new female officer is already slated for the investigative position. Maybe it’s time for the rank and file to force a contract change with the City to start having a fair process of filling open positions and testing for all ranks through Captain. That will be the only way to stop the cronyism, favoritism, and the vindictive behavior of this Chief. Either that or a class action suit. We all know how much Rod is looking out for us.
    Last edited by Mod 710; 01-23-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Unregistered
    I agree with this

Unregistered
    Lead us? He’s destroying this department and officer morale. He has no loyalty to the rank and file. If your not one of the good old boys or girls in his click you will never be selected for any specialized unit. Even if they post a job - most times they don’t - the Chief has already picked his favorite. No selection process and no interviews. The same thing happens with promotions through the rank of Captain. I wonder how all the Sergeants who have done their time feel when they see just promoted Sergeants get those specialized units, and again, no selection process, no interviews. Then you watch the same group move from cake job to cake job until they are promoted up the chain. How many times have we watched this happen? I’m going to make a prediction. First a Sergeant in investigations is going to be promoted to Lieutenant (no interviews). Second the Traffic Sergeant is going to get the investigative Sergeant spot (no interviews). Guess that just depends on who you are. Then the Chief decides the best way to deal with a problem child is to hide them in SET. Let’s not make the supervisors deal with the problem they let happen under their watch. And to all you officers that have been working hard and put in for the SET position...Sorry!!. And Finally a certain new female officer is already slated for the investigative position. Maybe it’s time for the rank and file to force a contract change with the City to start having a fair process of filling open positions and testing for all ranks through Captain. That will be the only way to stop the cronyism, favoritism, and the vindictive behavior of this Chief. Or maybe it’s time for a class action lawsuit to stop this. We all know a Rod really has our back, doesn’t he.
    Last edited by Mod 710; 01-23-2020 at 03:17 AM.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Enough

This forum has been quiet for so long. Some recent moves within the department shouldn’t necessitate such an outcry on a public forum. With that, vicious rumors will not be tolerated and will be deleted immediately, so don’t bother.
    For those who have issues with recent decisions, go ask the chief for an explanation; I’m sure he’ll give you the time.