Tried to tell you this city and police dept sucks!

Unregistered

Tried to tell you this city and police dept sucks!

New people Do not apply here furloughs coming for 6 months! 1-5 year officers start filling out applications to better departments! Good luck!

Unregistered

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    New people Do not apply here furloughs coming for 6 months! 1-5 year officers start filling out applications to better departments! Good luck!

Florida is set to begin reopening. Why would the city start cutting hours and pay at this point? Why would they even think to touch first responders pay and hours? Actual answers only please. Don’t need any bitter or sarcastic answers.

Also, if they really felt it necessary to cut hours and pay why wouldn’t they do it by a month to month basis ...the virus hasn’t even impacted the city for 6 months yet they are hurting officers this way.

Unregistered
    Make sure you are at the meeting Thursday buddy, this commission loves police remember that.

Unregistered
    So every nasty ass fish market, beauty store and island restaurant can get their 10k grant from that guy that got $5 for his presidential campaign.

Unregistered
    Those that fail to read their contract regarding police and fire need to be furloughed permanently!

These are the "FIRE FIRE" bullsh*t posts that I am always talking about. People come on here and talk out of their
    a*s or pass along some top secret that their badge bunny's half brothers uncle heard from the lawn guy rumor.

They need to go back and look at the GPS for each squad and start furloughing the "officers" that sit stationary for a large portion of their shifts and furlough the ones who turn on the crickets when a call comes out because they are too lazy or lets just be honest- too scared to respond.

Unregistered
    The question you guys need to ask yourself is why am I here? Why am I unhappy but have not left? Do I get to whine and complain without taking action to change my station in life?

Miramar PD is a terrible place to work, run by incompetent administrators and city commissioners who have no business running a city. Do yourself a favor and leave. Does going through another hiring process, FTO and probation sound like fun? Of course not. But it is a small amount of time to sacrifice for a better life. The stories I hear from guys and girls that have also left are very consistent; it was a great decision and they love going to work again.

Unregistered
    The question you guys need to ask yourself is why am I here? Why am I unhappy but have not left? Do I get to whine and complain without taking action to change my station in life?

Miramar PD is a terrible place to work, run by incompetent administrators and city commissioners who have no business running a city. Do yourself a favor and leave. Does going through another hiring process, FTO and probation sound like fun? Of course not. But it is a small amount of time to sacrifice for a better life. The stories I hear from guys and girls that have also left are very consistent; it was a great decision and they love going to work again.
    Is the Command Staff and Supervisors really that bad? or maybe its that they expect you to actually do your job?
    or maybe its that they hold or held you accountable for you not following a policy or procedure that you signed for and knew that you broke it? or maybe its that you got demoted and banished and are a bitter back stabber? or maybe you got called on having one set of rules for others but did whatever you wanted?

Why cant you accept the fact that maybe YOU are the problem either with your attitude about a good paying job that you should appreciate since you aren't really smart enough for any other job or the fact that you are mad because you aren't handed everything on a silver platter? Don't give me any crap about you risking your life? They cant pry your lazy a*s out of your car hidden behind a business.

The City Commission is elected by the residents who choose people that have like opinions and beliefs that's they way the American political system works. It will never be where they come can ask a prima dona like you who should be a commissioner.

Unregistered
    Is the Command Staff and Supervisors really that bad? or maybe its that they expect you to actually do your job?
    or maybe its that they hold or held you accountable for you not following a policy or procedure that you signed for and knew that you broke it? or maybe its that you got demoted and banished and are a bitter back stabber? or maybe you got called on having one set of rules for others but did whatever you wanted?

Why cant you accept the fact that maybe YOU are the problem either with your attitude about a good paying job that you should appreciate since you aren't really smart enough for any other job or the fact that you are mad because you aren't handed everything on a silver platter? Don't give me any crap about you risking your life? They cant pry your lazy a*s out of your car hidden behind a business.

The City Commission is elected by the residents who choose people that have like opinions and beliefs that's they way the American political system works. It will never be where they come can ask a prima dona like you who should be a commissioner.
    Yeah, the supervisors are really that bad. You’re looking at the equation wrong. People are not complaining and leaving because they are being held accountable for doing their job...they are leaving because they want to work for a place that is well organized, has a good equipment, he good pay and has good leaders (yes, great departments do exist). In two years at MPD we have had the top performers each of those years leave, both of whom are now in specialized assignments at new departments. You’re telling me they left because they were the problem? Yeah, you can hit the door with that nonsense.