Transferring from Miami-Dade to HCSO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Transferring from Miami-Dade to HCSO

I was wondering if you guys can help me out with some knowledge and info. Currently I'm a Corporal with Miami-Dade Corrections and I have considered applying to HCSO as a jail deputy. I'm aware that i'll be taking a %50 cut in pay, but with the lower cost of living and housing I'm sure it will balance itself out. so if you guys can answer a few questions for me it will be gladly appreciated.

1. Whats the culture like at HCSO, is it a fun place to work and be?
    2. Do PREA and DOJ run your facilities?
    3. Do Administration believe or trust inmates more than staff?
    4. Do you guys gives non sworn employees key management/administration positions overseeing sworn staff?
    5. How long until your eligible to take the promotional exam?
    6. Hows much overtime is it?
    7. Is there a transition or crossover training from jail deputy to patrol deputy?

I know i may be asking for a lot, but any information will be more than beneficial. Thank you.

Unregistered
    There is more to his story I suspect....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You clowns always think it’s more to a story because someone wants to move. Maybe the poster has family issues that are bringing him/her to Hillsborough County.

Unregistered
    honestly no, there isnt more to the story. With the higher price of housing and cost of living that it takes to live comfortable here in Miami, I figure the Tampa area would be alot less.

Unregistered
    Nobody wants no coward who doesn’t have the brains and the GUTS to walk in the front door and ask for a damn job!

Unregistered
    Come on glad to have you

Unregistered
    Here we go again. Read the other threads. Decide weather we are disgruntled malcontents or telling the truth. Thats a big gamble. First understand that the issues we mention are well hidden and you wont see them until the distractions of the academy, oh yes you will start from the beginning because prior experience means nothing, fto training and probationary period passes. Then you would have been here too long to easily quit. Second, I'm not sure how the miami dade system works since their sheriffs office and police combined to become a metro agency. I believe you have a director instead of sheriff or chief. Our sheriffs are elected while chiefs are appointed. Makes a workd of difference. 30 years to retire here while 20 at TPD with a much higher pay and a whole lot more officers, back up, way more back bone, and support. Here we walk around on egg shells and everyone is paranoid. Choose wisely. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Please stay in Miami. I've been to the county jail down there several times for pick-ups, and I couldn't tell the inmates from the jail officers. Pants sagging, facial hair unkepmt, colored hair, long nails, and some even had gold teeth! What kinda crap is that?! We already have enough issues, don't need your hoodlum work ethic here, too. Stay in Miami.

Unregistered
    Please stay in Miami. I've been to the county jail down there several times for pick-ups, and I couldn't tell the inmates from the jail officers. Pants sagging, facial hair unkepmt, colored hair, long nails, and some even had gold teeth! What kinda crap is that?! We already have enough issues, don't need your hoodlum work ethic here, too. Stay in Miami.
    So you have formed an opinion about someone based on jail pick-ups. To say this person has a hoodlum work ethic without having met them is biased as hell. You act like we don’t have hoodlums that work at HCSO. This is yet another example of the morons that work at HCSO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast