Hiring

Thread: Hiring

Unregistered

Hiring

Relocating from the west coast and looking at police agencies to apply for in south Florida. What is the atmosphere like in your agency. Do school police work during the summer and is the hiring process strenuous?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Relocating from the west coast and looking at police agencies to apply for in south Florida. What is the atmosphere like in your agency. Do school police work during the summer and is the hiring process strenuous?
    Hello,

The atmosphere in our agency may vary depending on who you ask. We are not a traditional agency, if you are looking for the excitement of running hot calls, this probably is not the place. It is easy to get wrapped up in what is going on at your school, and not worry as much about the department drama. The agency has grown at a pace faster than the administration can effectively manage it, and we are experiencing a lot of growing pains as a result.

Throughout the school year, we work while the kids are in school. We have a lot of time off, the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas break, spring break, and teacher work days. After school is out, we get about a 2 and a half week break before summer training starts. We will have four weeks of training, Mon-Thur, and after training, about another 3 and a half weeks off before school starts back.

It's not a terrible place to work, it just all depends on what you're looking for.

The hiring process used to be pretty quick and painless, but I have heard they started cracking down.

I hope this information helps.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.