3-3-3.5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-3-3.5

Unregistered

3-3-3.5

the employee union got 3/3/3.5. You would think we could get at lease get that extra .5

Unregistered
    Don't worry, you seem like the type who will make it up in half price meals, and "LEO Friendly" inquiries on the PBA Facebook page to find out who gives discounts to cops making six figures.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't worry, you seem like the type who will make it up in half price meals, and "LEO Friendly" inquiries on the PBA Facebook page to find out who gives discounts to cops making six figures.
    LOL; so true. What an ungrateful crybaby. The amount of work, growth and money pouring into this city we definitely deserve whatever increases we can get, “six figures” or not. It kinda sounds like you don’t agree with our salary and you have some delusion that we are rolling in dough. It’s 2020 and I hate to be the one to tell it to you but we really don’t make that much compared to the private sector. Sure, we have a pension, a pension that we pay out the @SS for, just as they have employee matched 401K and other benefits. My kid brother is making what I make with a lot less stress. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, enjoy my chosen career and live well within my means, but don’t think we are all buying second homes and fancy cars. I am happy with what we get and don’t need to work extra duty to pay my bills, but don’t act like “six figures” is some big deal. Maybe in some areas, but not a city like this that puts up high rise luxury condos like lemonade stands. Condos that 99% of TPD officers could not afford without being a courtesy officer or having some other outside funding source (ie family money or high earning spouse). Why do you think so many of us live outside of the city? Oh, and for the record, I don’t make “six figures” here so, if you do, I’m glad for you and I hope to be there one day!

Unregistered
    Last contract we got 3, 3, 3.5 and city got 3, 3, and 3. Its all good.

Unregistered
    What did fire get?

Unregistered
    LOL; so true. What an ungrateful crybaby. The amount of work, growth and money pouring into this city we definitely deserve whatever increases we can get, “six figures” or not. It kinda sounds like you don’t agree with our salary and you have some delusion that we are rolling in dough. It’s 2020 and I hate to be the one to tell it to you but we really don’t make that much compared to the private sector. Sure, we have a pension, a pension that we pay out the @SS for, just as they have employee matched 401K and other benefits. My kid brother is making what I make with a lot less stress. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, enjoy my chosen career and live well within my means, but don’t think we are all buying second homes and fancy cars. I am happy with what we get and don’t need to work extra duty to pay my bills, but don’t act like “six figures” is some big deal. Maybe in some areas, but not a city like this that puts up high rise luxury condos like lemonade stands. Condos that 99% of TPD officers could not afford without being a courtesy officer or having some other outside funding source (ie family money or high earning spouse). Why do you think so many of us live outside of the city? Oh, and for the record, I don’t make “six figures” here so, if you do, I’m glad for you and I hope to be there one day!
    Maybe your kid brother can put in a good word for you.

Unregistered
    What did fire get?
    They also will be taking 3,3,3.

Unregistered
    Maybe your kid brother can put in a good word for you.
    Hopefully! I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for the well wishes!

Unregistered
    Hopefully! I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for the well wishes!
    Does your brother get to be as lazy as you during his shift?? If so, ask if there’s 2 openings! I’m in!

Unregistered
    Does your brother get to be as lazy as you during his shift?? If so, ask if there’s 2 openings! I’m in!
    Will do fella!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast