Dear Voters,
My name is Jimmy Polan, and I used to be a Sgt. with the Broward County Sheriff's Office. Well, on paper I was a colonel, but between you and me, I was really only a Sgt. I worked with Scott Israel my entire career at the prestigious, world renown Fort Lauderdale Police Department. During my career at FLPD I rose up the ranks to Sgt of the motor unit. After retiring, my good friend John Auer, the 2nd in command at the BSO, brought me in and promoted me two ranks over the weekend to Capt. In just two days I became an expert in SWAT Operations, Homeland Security, and active shooter Scenarios. Unfortunately I was terminated by Al Lamberti. However, in 2013, my best friend Scott Israel was elected sheriff. And under Scott Israel, the most competent ever in the history of BSO, Promoted me to Colonel over one weekend. Wow, think about it, I was promoted 4 ranks, in 4 days. Well, at least you can say I was extremely qualified, unlike the BSO deputies who couldn't find their way out of a basketball court with 4 red florescent exit signs. My message to the voters is, I desperately need to come back to BSO for the big salary. Oh, I know, yes I do tell people I have all this money from all my pensions, and have frequently made that known on this blog, but I need the job, and most of all I need the 3 stars on my collar. Also, let me put something to rest. I know I was seen at the Stoneman Douglas shooting very confused as though I didn't know what I was doing, but let it be known, I have read more manuals, more training guides, and attended more lectures, oh wait, those were my lectures, than anyone in US law enforcement. True, I've never been on a critical incident until that day, but does that really matter? Obviously I am the most qualified guy to hold the position of DLE Col. So please, lets support the greatest sheriff in BSO history and get him back in office. You have my word, he won't let you down, providing there are no critical incidents in the county.

In conclusion, if any young ladies in the agency want to get promoted, transferred to a specialized unit, or need a cat, just come to my office on the fifth floor when I get back, and I will accommodate.

Sincerely Sgt. Jimmy Polan(AKA COL.)
BSO Col. Total service BSO under Israel 6 years. 4 ranks 5 years.
BSO Maj
BSO Capt
FLPD SGT. 25 years