MGPD Police Cadet Candidate

Unregistered

MGPD Police Cadet Candidate

Hello,

Looking for a little insight.
    Accepted Conditional Offer. Completed physical, polygraph, and psych 3 months ago. I have yet to hear anything back nor have I met/spoken with BI. Next academy starts 01/21/2020. My questions are.....
    -Is it normal for MGPD BI to not meet or speak with candidates?
    -How far in advance are you given final offer and advised of academy start date?

Informative responses will be appreciated.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

Looking for a little insight.
    Accepted Conditional Offer. Completed physical, polygraph, and psych 3 months ago. I have yet to hear anything back nor have I met/spoken with BI. Next academy starts 01/21/2020. My questions are.....
    -Is it normal for MGPD BI to not meet or speak with candidates?
    -How far in advance are you given final offer and advised of academy start date?

Informative responses will be appreciated.
    Welcome to MGPD!! Sadly, this is nothing new. You may have either not been selected, the city possibly put a freeze on hiring candidates until the budget is worked out, or they don't have enough candidates to send to the academy. My advice to you is to look elsewhere. PLENTY of other departments in the south Florida area hiring cadets like yourself with a hire salary and safer working conditions. Do not put all your eggs in one basket: your takeaway from this experiejce. Best of luck to you.

Unregistered

Call to check the status of ur applications

U need to check the status of ur application. Maybe u are still in the process.

Unregistered
    If you passed all the tests, and got "acceptable" on the psyche, then you are probably on an eligibility list. There are already cadets at MGPD preparing for the academy this month. Since you didn't make that class, you should apply with a couple other agencies to seek employment. It is possible you could still be hired for the next academy class that MGPD decides to send cadets to....but is waiting for that a risk you are willing to take? There is nothing wrong with applying elsewhere while waiting on MGPD.

Unregistered
    Thanks everyone for responding.