Deputies stealing a paycheck

Unregistered

Deputies stealing a paycheck

I have noticed a lot of older deputies that work nights take advantage of showing up to work, avoid calls for service and then steal a paycheck. Unbelievable. These older deputies need to get off the road and work the court house. They are a liability in my opinion. Most work nights to avoid the COC.

Unregistered
    Says the young spineless new breed who are afraid to do anything but BS traffic and shag calls. New people are scared and afraid of conflict. Real conflict. You hide around the corner while the seasoned veteran takes action. And maybe you need to check who got night shift. There are plenty of new people still on probation who got nights. You’ll get your chance one day too. Sorry it can’t be one of the four night shifts you apparently wanted. I’m sure you will do great on day shift hitting your traffic DP’s and handling day shift calls like neighbor problems and CPID calls.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have noticed a lot of older deputies that work nights take advantage of showing up to work, avoid calls for service and then steal a paycheck. Unbelievable. These older deputies need to get off the road and work the court house. They are a liability in my opinion. Most work nights to avoid the COC.

You just now noticed this? ROD's have been a thing in this agency for a long time now. Isn't observation a necessary skill to be a police officer? Maybe you should "get off the road", pal.

Unregistered
    Post again in 20 years Skippy......we’ll see how you’re feeling then.

Unregistered
    Why don't you go express your displeasure to the "older deputy" in person? 🙄

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Says the young spineless new breed who are afraid to do anything but BS traffic and shag calls. New people are scared and afraid of conflict. Real conflict. You hide around the corner while the seasoned veteran takes action. And maybe you need to check who got night shift. There are plenty of new people still on probation who got nights. You’ll get your chance one day too. Sorry it can’t be one of the four night shifts you apparently wanted. I’m sure you will do great on day shift hitting your traffic DP’s and handling day shift calls like neighbor problems and CPID calls.
    Ya right you idiot, otherwise known as a senior deputy that does nothing. Gualtieri took care of your "seasoned veterans" a few years ago by firing 4 worthless payecheck thiefs. Their defense was they wanted to be 10-8 for hot calls. What a joke. At least the younger guys are trying to find stuff with traffic stops and other self-initiated work. Tell me ole timer, do you even know where your cuffs are? Go retire and come back like so many double-dippers who were worthless before they decided to collect two paychecks courtesy of PCSO and the state of Florida taxpayers.

Unregistered
    These new kids only look for easy traffic stops:fake stats

Unregistered
    Easy now, the youngsters don't know what they don't know. 30 to 35yrs is a long time to make it to the finish line. The enthusiasm of youth makes them oblivious to what is a very harsh truth, no one gives a damn about how many arrest you make, or citations you write. You are literally one poor judgment away from unemployment or getting arrested. None of what you have done in the past matters. If the Sheriff deems it.....your done! Some deps have indeed deserved to be fired and even arrested, but I think most will agree, there have been many cases where the Sheriff could have salvaged them but didn't. There comes a time when you have to be able to see how others are judged, and do whatever is necessary to survive this job to retirement. When someone pops your cherry, because you are under the wrong illusion that all you have done means something, then you will realize that most of those guys were go getters when they were youngsters but have realized this lesson that you have yet to learn. The other post, about check back in 20years, is probably the most accurate obervation on this thread.