Vetting Sheriff Candidates for the 2020 election
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Question Vetting Sheriff Candidates for the 2020 election

I am planning on hosting a few meet and greets for the 2020 election including the #SheriffRace. Currently, there are only two candidates: Kurt Hoffman and Paul Fern. My personal focus on vetting candidates will be character, committment to Open Government as a means to reinstate Public Trust in our government through accountability and equal justice. Thus, restoring trust and faith in Law enforcement is paramount. While Character should be Qualification 1 for Sheriff.. what if both candidates are of equal character?

Please help the public make the best choice for Sheriff and provide your serious feedback on this thread. I have limited first hand knowledge on both candidates, and I am certain the public has even less information. Maybe Hoffman is the right choice, or maybe it is time for fresh perspectives that Fern may provide. What say you all that live it on a daily basis?

1. What are the top 3 characteristics the public should seek in the Sheriff candidates?

2. What 3 questions would you ask each of the Sheriff candidates?

3. What are your opinions on each of the candidates.. preferably with verifiable reasonings. I am all about 'Trust but Verify'. Any leads on pertinent public records requests that might provide insight would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Unregistered
    No one cares what you think or do. Go away.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one cares what you think or do. Go away.
    Hey DB, how soon you forget, she was one of the main reason we got change here, she and her crew destroyed king KV and his crew and then pushed for better pay and more manpower. Are your panties in a bunch because of the mental health training or the body cams, well both were way overdue. So get the picture, she is trying to help..... If you don't like it then STFU, you certainly do not speak for all of us. Wrong person gets in as sheriff, which he will, then things will stay the same of wait maybe even get worse as far as our relations with the county. Remember if some of us didn't tune up her son and make that stupid arrest then she would not been involved in change and KV would still be in power, making all his money and stupid decisions and things would still be the way or even worse than they were four yrs ago. No raises, no new vehs or special units no new nothing, the KV way

Unregistered
    Hey DB, how soon you forget, she was one of the main reason we got change here, she and her crew destroyed king KV and his crew and then pushed for better pay and more manpower. Are your panties in a bunch because of the mental health training or the body cams, well both were way overdue. So get the picture, she is trying to help..... If you don't like it then STFU, you certainly do not speak for all of us. Wrong person gets in as sheriff, which he will, then things will stay the same of wait maybe even get worse as far as our relations with the county. Remember if some of us didn't tune up her son and make that stupid arrest then she would not been involved in change and KV would still be in power, making all his money and stupid decisions and things would still be the way or even worse than they were four yrs ago. No raises, no new vehs or special units no new nothing, the KV way

Well you got one thing right she destroyed many people with her crew. Continues to do the same with her hate platforms. A few cult members with many having very dangerous criminal pasts, She supports and encourages the ripping apart of others
    who do not agree with her racist bully behavior. No she did not get those things for you. The taxpayers did after the group of bullies destroyed many. It continues and is disgusting.

Unregistered
    Well you got one thing right she destroyed many people with her crew. Continues to do the same with her hate platforms. A few cult members with many having very dangerous criminal pasts, She supports and encourages the ripping apart of others
    who do not agree with her racist bully behavior. No she did not get those things for you. The taxpayers did after the group of bullies destroyed many. It continues and is disgusting.
    obviously you were not here. First hate group, really female taxpayers who had enough of the way things were run around here, racist bully behavior, racist where, everyone canned were white, everyone canned or forced out DESERVED IT, she's a bully because she spoke the truth, don't think so. After the incident with her son she was strongly encouraged to sue the city, she refused instead she found out where the problems were and had the addressed. She was not the only one involved here, many people including members of this dept supported her and the others. Don't like her, sometime I don't, but she has no agenda other than make government accountable, she's done alright so far, new chief, money ,cars, equipment and manpower, what we would never had under KV and his cronies. So you know, the taxpayers only learned about what was going on thru this site and the numerous negative posts. She's a homeowner and taxpayer and resident of Sarasota county doesn't she have the right to ask about the Sheriff's election, Why yes she does !!!!!

Unregistered
    obviously you were not here. First hate group, really female taxpayers who had enough of the way things were run around here, racist bully behavior, racist where, everyone canned were white, everyone canned or forced out DESERVED IT, she's a bully because she spoke the truth, don't think so. After the incident with her son she was strongly encouraged to sue the city, she refused instead she found out where the problems were and had the addressed. She was not the only one involved here, many people including members of this dept supported her and the others. Don't like her, sometime I don't, but she has no agenda other than make government accountable, she's done alright so far, new chief, money ,cars, equipment and manpower, what we would never had under KV and his cronies. So you know, the taxpayers only learned about what was going on thru this site and the numerous negative posts. She's a homeowner and taxpayer and resident of Sarasota county doesn't she have the right to ask about the Sheriff's election, Why yes she does !!!!!
    Yes. She does have the right. Unfortunately, false narratives and thug behavior is granted on facebook. Yes. people did deserve it. So her and the hate site carry on. She is just following the hateful sheep. She holds the government accountable by tearing others to shreds she does not agree with. Her platform encourages hate and outright defamation. Just another angry sheep following orders from all the other thugs. Get your facts straight. She did not refuse to sue the city. Get your facts straight.

Unregistered
    There are many in this town that feel the same way. Just take a look at the comments in her group. She is frequently called out on her allowing her few thugs to say and do anything they want to. Many citizens have left the hate and bias site. She can vet anything she wants. It is a free country. Civil people also have the right to speak the truth. And that is the truth. Such a hateful town.

Hate platforms? Cult members? Oooohh very dangerous criminal pasts? Racist and a bully too? Psssssst...I think you forgot homophobe and Baptist in your yellow belly spew.. it's ok I get it, small brain, small penis and zero examples to back the happy happy horsechit you shovel. I'm ok with you not liking my politics, I am certain I dont like yours.

If the sunlight tans a few guilty hides.. well then, I can live with that.

Back to the intention of the thread.. the #SheriffRace.

From poster above: "
    Wrong person gets in as sheriff, which he will, then things will stay the same of wait maybe even get worse as far as our relations with the county."

Can you be more specific here please? I have heard this sentiment expressed many times before. What do we need to improve with the Sheriff? Where are the pain points? If yall wont share it, how can the public help drum your cause during the election cycle?
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 01-10-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Stephanie Gibson;3087777]Back to the intention of the thread.. the #SheriffRace.

From poster above: [COLOR=#001000]"[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Wrong person gets in as sheriff, which he will, then things will stay the same of wait maybe even get worse as far as our relations with the county."

Can you be more specific here please? I have heard this sentiment expressed many times before. What do we need to improve with the Sheriff? Where are the pain points? If yall wont share it, how can the public help drum your cause during the election cycle? As stated on the SCSO site, kind of speaks for itself. I have spoken to many police officials from other parts of the state who say most of the depts. from Bradenton, manatee south are run by the good old boys and mostly are run by leaders who terrorize the troops, SCSO is one such dept named. As you know the façade that is the public perception is not always the truth. NPPD is another such dept, although it has made strives, the boys are still running the show. SPD is a political mess. PGPD, well same applies. Charlotte County ditto. Change is certainly needed in Sarasota County. Although NP is considered a bedroom community, we can no longer afford the unlimited funds required to maintain it. The Sheriff has sole constitutional authority in the state and the county. As it is now, there is little SCSO presence in south county. They pass thru daily and many live in NP. There is a huge duplication of services which could be shared, if the right Sheriff gets in. Traffic, SWAT, narcotics, warrants etc. Same situation in SPD, Marin Luth king blvd, SPD cannot cross the street to make an arrest, one side county, one side city, same applies in certain areas of NP. The deputies can go anywhere they want, where the city PD is limited to the invisible fence that constitutes there geographical location.
    The county has and can afford to hire more deputies to patrol south county. More needs to be done to straighten out prisoner transport, which would free up patrols. A new sheriff with a fresh non political perspective is certainly a plus. We know Jonathan still has his tentacles on NP, so things will probably stay the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast