Vetting Sheriff Candidates for the 2020 election - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Date: Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:43 PM
    Subject: Your request
    To:*carlos.munoz@heraldtribune.com*<carlos.munoz@h eraldtribune.com>

Carlos,

For more than 17 years, the Sheriff’s Office has been invited to attend the Sarasota Cattlemen’s Association annual meeting and dinner held at the Carlton Ranch. This was NOT a political event and there were NO political comments made nor have*there been in the 5 years I have been attending. *

The association specifically requested a law enforcement update at this meeting as they do each year. You can confirm that with Lisa Carlton. I spoke about our commitment to east county residents and introduced our newest Animal Services lieutenant*to the association and publicly thanked our Agricultural Unit for their work. The sheriff’s office Agricultural Unit presented their report to the association on agricultural crimes and specific animal issues they were dealing with. Usually the Sheriff or*I attend at the association’s request and in some years the Sheriff and I have both attended together. The helicopter has been part of a static display at this event for many years.*

As with any static display event the helicopter is ready and available to answer any calls for service that may arise. The pilots are there to do any Q and A with association members much like they do with the 20+ other static displays during*the course of the year. National Night Out, Citizens Law Enforcement Academy (CLEA), Nokomis Area Civic Association (NACA) and our Sheriff’s Office Annual Open House are a few examples. Mr. Brodsky came with me to this meeting and spoke to the association*about his office’s commitment to prosecuting crimes that impact the agricultural community. In years past other county officials have traveled in the helicopter to this event. Emergency Services Director Rich Collins attended in 2018. As we left the event*the pilot answered first a missing persons call and then backed up a deputy on a reckless driver call before returning to the airport. I made a joke that we went “around the town” because in actuality we answered two calls for service in Sarasota and remained*with the aircraft while they flew to each call as I have also done in the past. I believe our Community Affairs Director, Mrs. Perez, has already provided you the hourly cost of the helicopter. The helicopter will be flying patrol regardless of this event*so when you say “on duty” helicopter of course it’s on duty as evidenced by the calls handled and the static display. I have not been in the helicopter since last years annual meeting. Frankly, I wish I had more time to fly with them than just occasionally.*I learn something about our capabilities and equipment every time I fly with them. This has nothing to do with my campaign and I have never used the helicopter for my campaign. If the Sheriffs Office is invited back next year, and I presume we will, I am sure*the Aviation and Agricultural Units will attend.*

Thanks,

Kurt

Political advertisement paid for and approved by Kurt A. Hoffman
    , Republican for Sarasota County Sheriff.
    POLITICAL MOTIVE: The Cattleman's Association is historically coveted and everybody wants their political endorsement, especially Kurt Hoffman.

PLANNED EXECUTION: Kurt Hoffman wanted to "fly in" on the chopper, as a grand entrance and a specticle to behold, as if he is Prince Charles, his royal highness, the savior in person... and then "fly out" as a grand exit that is fit for a presidential candidate that is surrounded by his security detail. LOL

REALITY: Kurt Hoffman is juicing his on-duty status for the upcoming election.

Pay no attention to the tiny man operating the levers behind the curtain!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ms. Stephanie Gibson,

Thank you for your inquiry into the Sarasota Sheriff's Office and thank you for exercising due diligence. This article hows that Kurt Hoffman lied on a law enforcement polygraph, up until he was caught. He did not tell the truth until after he was caught lying:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VFg...ew?usp=sharing

Question: Mr. Kurt Hoffman, why did you lie during an official law enforcement polygraph and why should you be trusted to tell the truth today?
    Those are bold claims, and I can't seem to find them anywhere but this sit and the google doc referenced. I tried going back in the archives of the paper it was supposedly in and can't find anything. Can you provide better sources on this?

Unregistered
    The failed polygraph was an issue several years ago in Charlotte County when Hoffman ran for sheriff there, but some say it should not be an issue in Sarasota County. Your mileage may vary.

Unregistered
    Those are bold claims, and I can't seem to find them anywhere but this sit and the google doc referenced. I tried going back in the archives of the paper it was supposedly in and can't find anything. Can you provide better sources on this?
    I can give you the reporters email if you want? He lives in Engelwood still. The original deputy that made the statement is dead now but the Major at the time is alive and he can be reached as well and is willing to talk from what I understand. He is a truth warrior.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    i can give you the reporters email if you want? He lives in engelwood still. the original deputy that made the statement is dead now but the major at the time is alive and he can be reached as well and is willing to talk from what i understand. he is a truth warrior.
    omg . . . . .

Unregistered
    I can give you the reporters email if you want? He lives in Engelwood still. The original deputy that made the statement is dead now but the Major at the time is alive and he can be reached as well and is willing to talk from what I understand. He is a truth warrior.
    I would love the reporters email and name of the Major. Thanks

Unregistered
    Sorry but I wouldn’t trust just some guys email, I need to have it corroborated and the internet archives and way back machine aren’t coming back with the article mentioned, so I can’t help but think this pdf that’s circulating on here was most likely written by a member of this site. If anyone has any links and can provide irrefutable evidence, that would be greatly appreciated. Trying to dye my due diligence and it’s not easy these days with so much false information being sent around as fact.

Unregistered

Question

Sorry but I wouldn’t trust just some guys email, I need to have it corroborated and the internet archives and way back machine aren’t coming back with the article mentioned, so I can’t help but think this pdf that’s circulating on here was most likely written by a member of this site. If anyone has any links and can provide irrefutable evidence, that would be greatly appreciated. Trying to dye my due diligence and it’s not easy these days with so much false information being sent around as fact.
    The news about Hoffman's failed polygraph has been known for many years and was supposedly an issue in Hoffman's last run for sheriff in Charlotte County:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IXm...ew?usp=sharing

Is Hoffman publicly or privately denying that he failed a polygraph test?

One witness is supposedly dead, but the other witness is allegedly willing to talk.

Unregistered
    A jpg photograph of a cut-out of the original newspaper article was previously visible at the following link, but it is no longer viewable because the owner let the website expire:

http://www.sarasotagovernment.net/do...ffman_news.jpg

Does anyone still have a jpg picture of the original newspaper article that they can post here? Better yet, contact the reporter who wrote the article and the polygraph examiners and the retired major/witness.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Here is what upsets Sarasota deputies:

Since 3/14/2005, Kurt Hoffman has never worked in law enforcement at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. Instead, he was hired as a non-sworn (civilian) attorney, for the sole purpose of working in an office to advise the sheriff on legal matters. However, for pay purposes, Hoffman was sworn in on 3/14/2005, which essentially doubles his retirement pay. From that day until now, he has not done any police work. He has only:

• Worked in an office.
    • Sat in a classroom.
    • Qualified with a pistol at a range, to allow him to be classified as "high-risk."

For 15 years, Hoffman has worn a uniform, a badge and carried a gun for his office work. It upsets deputies that Hoffman has claimed 15 years of office work as high-risk police work. Therein lies the rub. It's about integrity. By swearing Hoffman in, he is now classified as a "high-risk" worker. It's a legal term that increases retirement benefits for "high-risk" workers in law enforcement and firefighting, where employees are required to:

• Work in "high-risk" situations.
    • Work in the field.
    • Work in all weather conditions.
    • Work around the clock.
    • Etc.

Hoffman may be able to fool the public when he wears the uniform, but he is unable to fool law enforcement officers.
    In Hoffman's second bid for sheriff, nothing has changed. It's all about integrity. Either a person has it or he doesn't.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast