Academy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Academy

Unregistered

Academy

Starting the academy at the end of the month.
    What should i expect?
    What should i study or read up on?
    Any tips or fore-warnings?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Starting the academy at the end of the month.
    What should i expect?
    What should i study or read up on?
    Any tips or fore-warnings?
    The best advice you will ever hear is this: DO NOT listen to anyone on this website. It’s designed for the 3 or 4 disgruntled losers to be keyboard warriors and spread false information about others. The vast majority at HCSO are happy and support the direction this office is headed.

Unregistered
    The best advice you will ever hear is this: DO NOT listen to anyone on this website. It’s designed for the 3 or 4 disgruntled losers to be keyboard warriors and spread false information about others. The vast majority at HCSO are happy and support the direction this office is headed.
    This post has been paid for by Chad Chronister for Sheriff!

Unregistered
    Junior if I were you I would tuck myself deep
    Into Ron McMullen s campaign, you have nothing to lose but alot to gIn if he lands the job. Good lick

Unregistered
    Follow this person’s advice and you will learn the slow hard way. At the cost of your family, mental health, and more than likely your sobriety. This agency throws us to the wolves with minimal staffing and no time to do all the bureaucratic BS they demand through their knee jerk decisions. Without putting themselves in our shoes. Add that to the default danger of death and injury of this job. You would think they would spare us of none sense due to the underlying stress and danger of this job. Not to mentioned this new era of using cops as a liability meat shield for the greater agencies, local governments, and our so called leaders. Your career will start off with a high starting pay and great benefits. However, it will get stale as you grow, mature, start a family, you will wake up and realize how trapped you are. Don't make that deal with the devil. Ignore that whole hero that just wants to change the world concept. It is an illusion. Even if you do make a dent, it will not be noticed. The only way you matter and get noticed, is when you screw up. There are literally millions of people on social media just itching and waiting for you to do so. After all, we are here for all their entertainment now right? Our very own sheriff has made damn sure of that.

Unregistered
    All we need is the basics. Not the shiny things. Your main focus without compromise is how to give an officer what they need to mentally and emotionally make it through this career. The policies and training regarding our physical safety are spot on except for the low staffing. Modulating and controlling the exposure to stress and exposure needs to be made a priority. Once EAP is sought, it is too late. Overwhelmed and burned out officers are not the answer.

Unregistered

The job

Getting the the job and getting through that academy is Easy. Keeping the job for 25, well 30 years in your case, is the hard part.

Unregistered
    All we need is the basics. Not the shiny things. Your main focus without compromise is how to give an officer what they need to mentally and emotionally make it through this career. The policies and training regarding our physical safety are spot on except for the low staffing. Modulating and controlling the exposure to stress and exposure needs to be made a priority. Once EAP is sought, it is too late. Overwhelmed and burned out officers are not the answer.
    Shit the fukk up with your shiny things posts. So fukkin dumb.

Unregistered
    What you gonna do about it?

Unregistered
    Since certain words make you sad, ill rephrase. Taking a democratic approach to fixing poor moral buy making poor knee jerk decisions and pushing them along by dumping a ton of money into them does not work. Nee guns and new cars do not fix a lack of deputies or a shift relief.

The reason you don't comprehend is the same reasons our leaders fail here and at home. They are the same people that buy their spouses and children everything they want but emotionally neglect them. Refer to how the children of some of our highest leaders and leaders in the running for next sheriff turned out. “But I bought and gave her everything she wanted”. “She/he said Im emotionally unavailable”. You will learn the hard way one day. In the meantime, stay off this site. You think like a blind loyal puppy.

These same people run our agencies and have no concept of leadership. Neither do you child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast