These 12 hrs shifts are a thing of the past - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Unregistered
    I sure hope not, I will never see the weekend again if they go away.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are correct! Back in the day, pre 2008 I believe, guys with 20 years on were moving to midnights to get the weekends because the 2 guys with more time took the slots on days and afternoons. I believe they only allowed 2 per shift to have full weekends. It sucked! I'm locked in and can transfer anywhere I want, but if it changes, I'd feel bad for the new guy and gals working weekends all the time. I don't care that I had to do it, times have changed, we need to move forward NOT backwards.

Unregistered
    "I sure hope not, I will never see the weekend again if they go away"

That's some week ass sh&% right there, man. Oh my, I won't have weekends off. GTFO. Having a great salary, benefits, pension, vacation, sick leave and a take home car, etc. Still not good enough for you?

You sound like those whiny school teachers who want to get paid a 6 figure salary, yet went into teaching "for the kids", knowing full well the salary before applying.

Unregistered
    "I sure hope not, I will never see the weekend again if they go away"

That's some week ass sh&% right there, man. Oh my, I won't have weekends off. GTFO. Having a great salary, benefits, pension, vacation, sick leave and a take home car, etc. Still not good enough for you?

You sound like those whiny school teachers who want to get paid a 6 figure salary, yet went into teaching "for the kids", knowing full well the salary before applying.
    Screw off, boomer. This is 2020, many of us have families and enjoy having an actual social life. This job is MUCH stressful now than it was 25 years when you started. Why would we want to give up the opportunity to not enjoy full weekends off? I'm sorry you don't like your wife enough to do activities with her on the weekends, but I do. If I remember correctly, you signed paperwork saying you would be willing to work any shifts required by BSO. If the agency sees fit to have us on 12s, then so be it. You sound like the weak A$# not being able to work a few extra hours a day. Poor you.

Unregistered
    Screw off, boomer. This is 2020, many of us have families and enjoy having an actual social life. This job is MUCH stressful now than it was 25 years when you started. Why would we want to give up the opportunity to not enjoy full weekends off? I'm sorry you don't like your wife enough to do activities with her on the weekends, but I do. If I remember correctly, you signed paperwork saying you would be willing to work any shifts required by BSO. If the agency sees fit to have us on 12s, then so be it. You sound like the weak A$# not being able to work a few extra hours a day. Poor you.
    Actually that's not it, his uneducated a$$ lives way above his salary because he doesn't understand the "B" word! It's called a budget, you should try it so you don't have to work details every day you're off. See it's jerks like this that want the 5/8's back because instead of working a 12 hour shift at regular pay, he can work an 8 hour shift, and 4 hours of details a day. It has nothing to do with 12 hours being too long of a day. He just can't work his 12 hour shift, then 4 hours of details. To those who want to screw the new people out of weekends because it works for you, remember this, there are more of us than you. You screw us out of something when it comes time to vote for something you want, guess what, my vote is against you regardless of what it is! We need to be a team, not individuals, if you don't like the 12's become a CSA or find another department, like you tell us, it's as simple as that!

Unregistered
    Cry closets are on the way for snowflakes like you, so don't get too upset. Do your time before you can ask for that extra dime rook.

Unregistered
    Actually that's not it, his uneducated a$$ lives way above his salary because he doesn't understand the "B" word! It's called a budget, you should try it so you don't have to work details every day you're off. See it's jerks like this that want the 5/8's back because instead of working a 12 hour shift at regular pay, he can work an 8 hour shift, and 4 hours of details a day. It has nothing to do with 12 hours being too long of a day. He just can't work his 12 hour shift, then 4 hours of details. To those who want to screw the new people out of weekends because it works for you, remember this, there are more of us than you. You screw us out of something when it comes time to vote for something you want, guess what, my vote is against you regardless of what it is! We need to be a team, not individuals, if you don't like the 12's become a CSA or find another department, like you tell us, it's as simple as that!
    Sounds like a threat whale shit...bring it that just shows how stupid your age group really is. What a dumb F*ck you are!!!!!

Unregistered
    Sounds like a threat whale shit...bring it that just shows how stupid your age group really is. What a dumb F*ck you are!!!!!
    No, absolutely not a threat, a promise! You know I'm right. It's all about you and how many details or how much OT you can work if we were to go back to 8 hour shifts. Not all of us want to work 7 days a week. Right now you can work 7 out of 14 days on details or OT. So you and anybody else that want 8's can KMA! Stay safe Grandpa

Unregistered
    No, absolutely not a threat, a promise! You know I'm right. It's all about you and how many details or how much OT you can work if we were to go back to 8 hour shifts. Not all of us want to work 7 days a week. Right now you can work 7 out of 14 days on details or OT. So you and anybody else that want 8's can KMA! Stay safe Grandpa
    Kiss your own a$$ greenhorn. You entitled little schmucks think you are entitled to weekends or a part of the weekend off.
    Pay your dues you twirp and keep your mouth shut like your momma told you to do when adults are talking!!!

Unregistered
    I find that the more time I spend on this job, the less I see newbies living within their means. Buying boats, remodeling their house(s), driving around in a souped up leased vehicle, purchasing huge flatscreen TV's, etc....They'll never learn!!! When that wife with the fake titz you bought gets tired of your $hit, you'll understand that you wasted so much money just so you can feel good about yourself for a short period of time. It won't be long before cry baby millenials are living back with mom and dad after they get kicked out their domain. Hopefully they'll still have enough in savings leftover to build a cry closet. PHUCKIN PU$$IES

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast