These 12 hrs shifts are a thing of the past - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Black rooster

This is the best news I've heard in the past year

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let this be your official notice in case your are currently delusional about your options on this matter , The Agency does not care what you think you want to work or anything else for that matter, when you filled out your application it didn't mention guaranteed 12 hr shifts with split of the weekend if you accept the job. Its a right to work state, you don't like it here, quit and I say to you good bye and good luck at your next Department! We are currently putting 25-30 new deputies through an Academy Class, your CCN will be retired and replaced by a new one and BSO will move on.
    You are correct, BSO will move on. 25 - 30 is great, we are still over 150 deputies down, and not all of them are going to make it. What I was pointing out is the retention rate will drop, and don't think for one minute that offering a new recruit Tuesday and Wednesday's off is a selling point to apply here. Remember BSO will be competing with other agencies that are also short staffed and offering 10's or 12's. If it comes to it, I will enjoy my new agency and offer them my 5 years of experience, that BSO provided, while BSO gets another rookie to train. I like BSO and don't want to leave. But now we have to do 30 years with Tuesday and Wednesday's off for the next 10 years, no thank you. I'm just making an observation and pointing out a fact.

Unregistered
    Of course not, this is just some idiot stirring the pot! We don't have the man power to go back to 3 shifts working 5 /8's. If the administration is hoping that people will pull double shifts to cover the vacancies, I for one will tell them no. I'd rather work a detail than OT just to stick it to them as they will be doing to me.
    Working a detail , your just sticking to yourself dummy.

Unregistered

Bring back 8bhour shifts

If you haven't worked 8 hour shifts then you dont know what your missing. I for one could give a crap less about your snowflake feelings. The only thing you were guaranteed when you accepted employment was a job. You will do what the agency wants and all the talk about going somewhere else is BS. If your a young buck Charlie shift is a dream you can party every night. Day shift your home at 2:30. Alpha you sneeze and the shift is over.

Unregistered
    The BSO mantra is if you don't like it we will find someone to replace you. Contrary to popular belief little snowflake you are expendable.

Unregistered

Black rooster

Blow 4 days in a row to gain an extra day off!!! Really cool!

Unregistered
    At least working 8rs I have the remainder of a day to live a life, bang my girl, watch tv and so forth...with 12s. It's all day of work then sleep and repeat 4x

Unregistered
    We all know that if BSO wanted to cut our accrued vacation hours in half, they could not because it’s contractual. Same thing for sick hours and rate of pay because they are contractual too.

Yes, working hours are an administrative right but this current contract changed that. People working a 12 hr shift get an extra 8 hours off each year. Therefore, the agency can no longer just take away the 12 hour shift because they would be taking away 8 hours of time which is also pay. Therefore, the 12 hour shifts will be here until the membership decides to VOTE it away.

Unregistered

Ric ross

We all know that if BSO wanted to cut our accrued vacation hours in half, they could not because it’s contractual. Same thing for sick hours and rate of pay because they are contractual too.

Yes, working hours are an administrative right but this current contract changed that. People working a 12 hr shift get an extra 8 hours off each year. Therefore, the agency can no longer just take away the 12 hour shift because they would be taking away 8 hours of time which is also pay. Therefore, the 12 hour shifts will be here until the membership decides to VOTE it away.
    Ok....thanks for the info there road ranger...go write some parking tickets🥒

Unregistered

Unfortunately this statement is not correct. Knowledge is power, become knowledgable of our contract and your rights.

https://6020.iupa.org/wp-content/upl...at-7.22.19.pdf

IUPA Contract
    Management Rights
    Article #3
    Letter F

Allows for the Sheriff to change the number of hours and shifts to be worked per week.

I understand what you are saying about the extra hours of pay for 12 hr shift workers but not all DLE are on 12 hrs now and those who are not don't receive the extra hours now, we currently have 8hr, 10hr, 12hr shifts.

So as we transition to 8hrs again, the extra pay for 12 hours will no longer be provided, because you are not working them anymore, no loss because it is no longer earned as an 8hr shift worker per the contract just like the other IUPA members not earning it because of different shift hours being worked. Pretty simple fix and easy to understand.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast