Chitwood's new years resolutions - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like we have somebody speaking the truth. Nice try sparky
    Whenever I hear Ben was the the greatest or it was so much better, I want to tune out. There were issues with Johnson too let’s not forget. I know you want to easily bash Chitwood. Hopefully, Henry will be able to get to the bottom of it and report back; when he gets his journalism status at VSO and puts down the bottle. Then again, his smoking COPD might make it difficult for him to get to the conferences. So, it really doesn’t matter. Nothing will change and Chitwood will still be our Sheriff you can count on.

Unregistered
    Whenever I hear Ben was the the greatest or it was so much better, I want to tune out. There were issues with Johnson too let’s not forget. I know you want to easily bash Chitwood. Hopefully, Henry will be able to get to the bottom of it and report back; when he gets his journalism status at VSO and puts down the bottle. Then again, his smoking COPD might make it difficult for him to get to the conferences. So, it really doesn’t matter. Nothing will change and Chitwood will still be our Sheriff you can count on.
    This sounds like somebody with an axe to grind against Ben....since he was not brought up. Who could it be? Campbell? Ben was fair....ask Sgt Jones, Eddie, Dennis, and others how fair Sparky is.

Unregistered
    This sounds like somebody with an axe to grind against Ben....since he was not brought up. Who could it be? Campbell? Ben was fair....ask Sgt Jones, Eddie, Dennis, and others how fair Sparky is.
    No axe to grind with Ben. Take off the rose colored glasses. Sparky is fair until you violate department policy or are a deadbeat criminal.

Unregistered
    No axe to grind with Ben. Take off the rose colored glasses. Sparky is fair until you violate department policy or are a deadbeat criminal.
    Please explain how eddie hart, chris jones and dennis terrero violated policy....and randy post....the lone survivor didn't

Unregistered
    I never heard Ben was the greatest. I do believe he was/is better for the perception of law enforcement as a whole. There would be issues with any Sheriff and that is a given. Did Ben make the agency and and the public image of VCSO better than that of his predecessor? If Chitwood resigned today, could anyone honestly claim Chitwood improved camaraderie and the public image of VCSO as his predecessor did?

Unregistered
    I never heard Ben was the greatest. I do believe he was/is better for the perception of law enforcement as a whole. There would be issues with any Sheriff and that is a given. Did Ben make the agency and and the public image of VCSO better than that of his predecessor? If Chitwood resigned today, could anyone honestly claim Chitwood improved camaraderie and the public image of VCSO as his predecessor did?
    Henry was too busy at the bar tonight, however, we will be more than happy to fill in for the Sanford blogger. “In 1972, as a young deputy, Johnson fatally shot an unarmed black man as he fled from police custody. A grand jury cleared Johnson, but the episode contributed to a mistrust among African-Americans that lingered throughout his tenure as sheriff.

On his watch, the county spent at least $671,500 settling deputies’ use-of-force and false arrest cases, according to legal records.

From 2011 to 2013, Johnson’s agency was investigated by the U.S Justice Department after a Latino resident complained that deputies responding to a domestic violence call detained the wrong person because they couldn’t understand Spanish. Volusia County is 12% Latino, not including the estimated 10,000 to 20,000 undocumented residents who’ve migrated mainly from Mexico. Federal officials faulted the sheriff’s office for having no in-house translators and for offering English-only forms and pamphlets to the public.” Now that’s coverage you can count on!

Unregistered
    Henry was too busy at the bar tonight, however, we will be more than happy to fill in for the Sanford blogger. “In 1972, as a young deputy, Johnson fatally shot an unarmed black man as he fled from police custody. A grand jury cleared Johnson, but the episode contributed to a mistrust among African-Americans that lingered throughout his tenure as sheriff.

On his watch, the county spent at least $671,500 settling deputies’ use-of-force and false arrest cases, according to legal records.

From 2011 to 2013, Johnson’s agency was investigated by the U.S Justice Department after a Latino resident complained that deputies responding to a domestic violence call detained the wrong person because they couldn’t understand Spanish. Volusia County is 12% Latino, not including the estimated 10,000 to 20,000 undocumented residents who’ve migrated mainly from Mexico. Federal officials faulted the sheriff’s office for having no in-house translators and for offering English-only forms and pamphlets to the public.” Now that’s coverage you can count on!
    Key word about Johnsons use of deadly force "a grand jury cleared Johnson". African Americans mistrusted Johnson however voters trusted. Maybe those African Americans who didn't trust Johnson didn't or couldn't vote. Bob Vogels own father endorsed and supported Ben, remember. As a Sheriff you will never have complete confidence across the board.

$671,500 wow, those are big numbers for 16 years! Especially considering Volusia County settles many cases because it costs less than fighting and winning. Makes you wonder if Sparkys liability and incompetence has cost more monetarily. Can you get those figures to compare the two?

Sucks that the wrong person was detained. I do not know enough specifically to make a decision one way or another on that subject other than to say every leo with any time under their belt could have made the same mistake. As I said I was not there and we didn't have BWC then so there is no record. The DOJ is always in Volusia County investigating something. Recently they were here investigating ESE students and abuse. As ex deputy Rodriguez would say, tell me another story. And who was it that placed Rodriguez at Galaxy? That was Sparky wasn't it? And 10-20,000 illegal immigrants are being forced to break our laws according to the Sheriff. He just doesn't see fit to enforce the laws against illegal immigrants. He coddles and basically protects such great people like Pablo Juarez. That cost the County $165,000 alone! What a great person Pablo turned out to be. But Chitwoods famous words are it isn't my money and I dont care.

Unregistered
    Key word about Johnsons use of deadly force "a grand jury cleared Johnson". African Americans mistrusted Johnson however voters trusted. Maybe those African Americans who didn't trust Johnson didn't or couldn't vote. Bob Vogels own father endorsed and supported Ben, remember. As a Sheriff you will never have complete confidence across the board.

$671,500 wow, those are big numbers for 16 years! Especially considering Volusia County settles many cases because it costs less than fighting and winning. Makes you wonder if Sparkys liability and incompetence has cost more monetarily. Can you get those figures to compare the two?

Sucks that the wrong person was detained. I do not know enough specifically to make a decision one way or another on that subject other than to say every leo with any time under their belt could have made the same mistake. As I said I was not there and we didn't have BWC then so there is no record. The DOJ is always in Volusia County investigating something. Recently they were here investigating ESE students and abuse. As ex deputy Rodriguez would say, tell me another story. And who was it that placed Rodriguez at Galaxy? That was Sparky wasn't it? And 10-20,000 illegal immigrants are being forced to break our laws according to the Sheriff. He just doesn't see fit to enforce the laws against illegal immigrants. He coddles and basically protects such great people like Pablo Juarez. That cost the County $165,000 alone! What a great person Pablo turned out to be. But Chitwoods famous words are it isn't my money and I dont care.
    Great post. Simple research indicates Daytona Beach settled 1 case a couple of years ago for almost half the total of what was accrued under Sheriff Johnson.
    https://www.news-journalonline.com/a...s/605074172/DN

And when somebody talks about what Ben Johnson did as a new (or somewhat new) deputy look at what Chitwood did as a police chief or Sheriff...firearm into OIA, screwed up a SWAT call, screwed up a felony stop...the list grows and grows.

And Chitwood's love of illegal immigrants is just disturbing.

Unregistered

Heavens forbid....in America and unable to speak English. In the military when one goes overseas the unit works with the service member to learn the language. Of course they are there LEGALLY. and what about pamphlets in french and german and tagalog and Russian and Chinese...

And there was no mistrust with African Americans. Sheriff Johnson did numerous events and town halls with them.

Unregistered
    We’re relaxed over here! As a matter fact, we’re all chill as Henry Frederick getting drunk and being belligerent at a local bar; as reported on Kim’s Volusia County School Forum on Facebook.
    How about posting the link to the Volusia County Schools Facebook forum so the rest of us can see the Henry post.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast