General Dept info

Unregistered

General Dept info

How is the overall moral? OT? Is there much off duty? Take Home Policy? I am looking to put an application in with you guys, 10 years from Central FL Sheriffs Office. You guys pay nicely for experience especially compared to the county. I am just trying to get an overall vibe. I live in Tampa will that be an issue with a take home? Thank you in advance..

Unregistered
    Before anyone jumps on spelling typed it on my phone.. "MORALE"

Unregistered
    This is the wrong place to get an overall vide. Lots of trolls and drama queens on here. Morale is what you make of it, like most departments. Current Chief is probably on his way out as he will likely leave with the current Mayor when he is termed out in about 18 months or so.

Take home policy is you get one off probation and doesn’t cost anything if you’re within 40 mikes of HQ. Small fee if you’re out to 50 miles iirc.

Plenty of off duty. Pay is strong IMO. We just got a 12% raise over 3 years. Senior Officers can easily make 100k plus by not working much off duty.

My suggestion is schedule a ride a long. Make up your own mind.

Good luck, stay safe.

Unregistered
    oh please, don't lie to the guy.

lots of morale issues not necessarily due to in-fighting or drama like that but a lot due to work conditions. expect to never have off on MLK day, 4th of July, new years, and other days where off duty cannot support the work load. that affects morale in a negative way and really shows a disconnection between the very top and the work force.

lots of good ol'boy club type issues here as well - i suppose that is everywhere, but still it's prevalent at this department.

morale is okay in special units - but on patrol, burnout is really high - overworked and understaffed has kind of been a trend here for decades...nothing has been done to correct it either.

i'm not going to lie to you - it is what you make of it but there are some serious issues here and morale is not as high other neighboring departments like tampa, pcso, clearwater or smaller departments if that floats your boat.