2020 vehicles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 vehicles

Unregistered

2020 vehicles

Not only can we no longer get pickup trucks but now SUVs are out. All sedans this year for cost savings measures. Director said no reason to get suvs anymore.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not only can we no longer get pickup trucks but now SUVs are out. All sedans this year for cost savingas measures. Director said no reason to get suvs anymore.
    The Director is correct. The state is predicting a budget shortfall next fiscal year. Getting the least expensive and most practical vehicle is prudent and will help keep the spotlight off us. The next step will be pool cars so let the man save where he can. They are doing a great job in TCO. We should support the effort.

Unregistered
    Pool cars would be the last straw and I would almost guarantee a large amount of resignations.

Unregistered
    Pool cars would be the last straw and I would almost guarantee a large amount of resignations.
    What I have learned is expect anything in state government. There is nothing in any DMS/ABT/PBA agreement that guarantees a take home car. It is a huge expense to the agency and just like non-contributory retirement it could end tomorrow. I don't think the agency is worried about people leaving because of it.

Unregistered
    What I have learned is expect anything in state government. There is nothing in any DMS/ABT/PBA agreement that guarantees a take home car. It is a huge expense to the agency and just like non-contributory retirement it could end tomorrow. I don't think the agency is worried about people leaving because of it.
    I think office dwellers stand a good chance of having a pool car. If you consider each LT and Captain commute 12k a year and X that by 30 that = 360k a year in mileage. Now stay with me here. At .44 a mile that is 158k a year in savings. That is a productivity award winner if I've ever heard one!

Unregistered
    This coming from the man who took two of the nicest SUVs from the Enforcmeent fleet for himself and his deputy director to drive. Mmmmmmm

Unregistered
    Nope. Just a common worker from the field who sees the waste and sense of entitlement from close up. Reality is headed your way. You may even have to buy sticky notes for home use instead of raiding the office cabinet.

Ex-AB&T
    I truly feel sympathetic to those that I once worked with at ABT. Your agency is the most toxic and self loathing place there is and it starts at the top.

Unregistered
    pool cars start july 1 it is decreed

Unregistered
    pool cars start july 1 it is decreed
    That's for lieutenants and captains only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast