Where are all the good sergeants
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Where are all the good sergeants

I’ve been on 3 years and have had 6 different Sgrts. Only one of them was decent. Has it always been this way? I mean, I get the whole no one wants to work thing. But having no empathy for your squad is horrible leadership. Just want to know if it’s always been this way.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve been on 3 years and have had 6 different Sgrts. Only one of them was decent. Has it always been this way? I mean, I get the whole no one wants to work thing. But having no empathy for your squad is horrible leadership. Just want to know if it’s always been this way.
    All retired

Unregistered
    its always a rotating door. thats why theres no constancy.

ive had multiple supervisors on a single shift

also road patrol should be 3 years on before anyone can goto a special unit.

Unregistered
    Describe what you consider a good sergeant?

Unregistered
    Name that good sergeant

Unregistered
    Masturbating in front of underage girls at Hialeah PD

Unregistered
    Describe what you consider a good sergeant?
    Fair
    Knowledge of tactics and admin
    Does payroll on time so u get paid on time
    Manages the squad instead of having squad manage her
    Human

Unregistered
    I’ve been on more than 20 years and I’ve had two REALLY good supervisors. They happen to be good friends, and I think they made sergeant and then lieutenant around the same time. They were and did everything you asked about and more. These guys are smart and take care of their people. They were totally approachable and always helpful. I would work for either one of them anywhere at anytime. VERY competent supervisors. One a recently retired lieutenant, and the other a soon to be retired lieutenant. Any guesses?

Unregistered
    This is such a sad post. Are you fishing for someone to guess your name? LOL

I’ve been on more than 20 years and I’ve had two REALLY good supervisors. They happen to be good friends, and I think they made sergeant and then lieutenant around the same time. They were and did everything you asked about and more. These guys are smart and take care of their people. They were totally approachable and always helpful. I would work for either one of them anywhere at anytime. VERY competent supervisors. One a recently retired lieutenant, and the other a soon to be retired lieutenant. Any guesses?

Unregistered
    I'm old as fudge, good Sgt's in my days were::
    :: Sgt. Hart, Sgt. Del Menendez, Sgt. P. Andreu, Sgt. J.Gregorich. Sgt.V. Caldera the original little general until he fudged up...the best Lieutenant was Rasmussen in my humble opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast