Trolling for Chitwood - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Changing the design of the patrol vehicles. Nice touch with the American flag....rumor had it that it was supposed to be a Mexican flag on the side.
    C'mon man, we're getting some honest dialogue here. Don't ruin it with the childish insults, name-calling, personal attacks and you-can't-spell-this-without-that BS that pollutes almost every thread in this forum. I'm anti-Chitwood too, but posts like yours don't help make our case.

Unregistered
    I vote for Carla Quan and how we deal with juveniles now.

Unregistered
    Lots of room to move to different positions. Pay could be more competitive. Good access to gear and other resources. Agency has good benefits for employees and their families.
    While I'm anti-Chitwood, I'm pleased that you seem to be happy there since a happy LEO who likes their agency and boss generally does a better job. So I'm certainly not going to try to change your mind. But what I will say in response to your post is that Chitwood has nothing to do with the fact that Volusia County has good employee benefits and VCSO is a large agency with lots of different assignments, specialized units and room for professional growth. But again, I'm pleased that you're happy there. Thank you for your service!

Unregistered
    I vote for Carla Quan and how we deal with juveniles now.
    Fair point, though a controversial point as well. Some like the Carla Quaan approach and feel like she brings an aggressive, proactive and more coordinated approach to dealing with juvenile crime and that Chitwood deserves praise for it. Others think she's a total train wreck and negative influence and a major contributing cause of the dissatisfaction and pervasive anti-Chitwood sentiment both inside and outside the agency. Will be interesting to see what others here have to say about the Carla Quaan effect....

Unregistered
    I really do not like what he's done to training. We used to have the best training in the region and it separated us from the rest.
    I couldn't agree more. When it comes to reasons for criticizing and disliking Chitwood, the watering down, diminishing and de-empasizing of training belongs at the very top of the list! I mean, what's more important to officer safety and the success of a law enforcement agency than training? To me, Chitwood gutting VCSO training to accommodate his pet projects borders on being criminal!

Unregistered
    I don't like the way he treats people that have a different opinion or point of view from him. And no, I am not talking about who you think I am. I am talking about guys like Eddie Hart.

Unregistered
    On the go fast paced work environment. Exceptional leadership in all supervisors and peers. Training standards that were not lowered or altered to meet any one persons needs. Equipment was top of the line and always being properly maintained and upgraded if need be. from the top to the bottom everyone was a big family and we took care of one another as such.

Unregistered
    On the go fast paced work environment. Exceptional leadership in all supervisors and peers. Training standards that were not lowered or altered to meet any one persons needs. Equipment was top of the line and always being properly maintained and upgraded if need be. from the top to the bottom everyone was a big family and we took care of one another as such.
    I respectfully disagree. We have questionable leadership all across the SO. From people that have no business being Sgts to watch commanders terrified to make decision. Don't get me wrong it is not everyone but to make such blanket statements you have made simply is not true. Further, our training standards have been drastically lowered with half the time of FTEP to getting rid of officer survival and other life saving training and shooting. Our equipment is not bad but also far from top of the line with several outer carrier reported issues, printers that dont print, signature pads that never work and antique radar equipment.

Unregistered
    I would like to se him wear his uniform. Every day cannot be casual Friday. And I am not even talking about firearms. Wear a uniform.

Unregistered
    I don't like the way he treats people that have a different opinion or point of view from him. And no, I am not talking about who you think I am. I am talking about guys like Eddie Hart.
    I agree. I feel it is very obvious with the broad results of IA's. If you agree with him you get nothing... if you disagree with him it's off with your head.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast