Trolling for Chitwood
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Trolling for Chitwood

It’s true that this site has degenerated into a forum for bashing Chitwood. I readily admit that I’ve contributed to the negativity here by posting my feelings and observations about Chitwood and the harm and divisiveness I believe he’s causing in the community and within the ranks of the Sheriff’s Office. There also are trolls whose job it is to come on here to praise Chitwood to the heavens and bash and personally attack Chitwood’s detractors. So yes, there are trolls here on both sides. But what I don’t hear are comments from anyone else – from deputies and others working at VCSO now who can share their unvarnished opinion of Chitwood and don’t have an axe to grind either way. As retired VCSO, I can tell you that I haven’t spoken to one single person still there who’s happy and likes Chitwood. And I also don’t know of anyone who has spoken to anyone inside the agency who is happy. Maybe there are some, or maybe even many, who are happy there and like Chitwood. I’d love to hear from them on this forum to get their take on the job Chitwood is doing as Sheriff. The trolls on both sides aren’t gaining any traction or credibility and aren’t going to change anyone’s mind because they’re too dug in and too invested in trying to make their point by attacking the other side and cutting each other down. I’d love to hear an honest assessment from someone who isn’t a troll for either side. Do you like Chitwood and think he’s a good Sheriff and leader? If so, why? Or do you think Chitwood is a bad Sheriff and bad for the agency, and if so, why? Any non-trolls out there who want to take a crack at it? I’d love to hear what you have to say, and I'm sure others would as well....

Unregistered
    No one in our district is a fan. Generally speaking the new hires tend to like him until they get crossed. Then they understand our dislike.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one in our district is a fan. Generally speaking the new hires tend to like him until they get crossed. Then they understand our dislike.
    Not surprising....

Unregistered
    The only thing I don't like about him is the silly changes he is doing. "Car 1", the 3rd grader patches, 3 south, "VSO" etc. There is no rhyme or reason. It's just off putting and cheezy. It's my own opinion these changes really hurt morale as a whole.

Unregistered
    The only thing I don't like about him is the silly changes he is doing. "Car 1", the 3rd grader patches, 3 south, "VSO" etc. There is no rhyme or reason. It's just off putting and cheezy. It's my own opinion these changes really hurt morale as a whole.
    And doing away with 100 deputies-100 kids. And changing the title of major to division chief. and changing the title of investigator to detective.

Unregistered
    And doing away with 100 deputies-100 kids. And changing the title of major to division chief. and changing the title of investigator to detective.
    Changing the design of the patrol vehicles. Nice touch with the American flag....rumor had it that it was supposed to be a Mexican flag on the side.

Unregistered
    I really do not like what he's done to training. We used to have the best training in the region and it separated us from the rest.

Unregistered
    Changing the design of the patrol vehicles. Nice touch with the American flag....rumor had it that it was supposed to be a Mexican flag on the side.
    And comments like yours are the reason why I take don’t believe anyone on here.

Unregistered
    Change for change's sake....not a good management strategy.

Unregistered
    Lots of room to move to different positions. Pay could be more competitive. Good access to gear and other resources. Agency has good benefits for employees and their families.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast