Is the .45 someone’s compensation for......you know? - Page 22
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First of all, thr STATE dropped the 25 yard qualifying requirement years ago. No agency in Florida is required to have a 25 yard stage in their qualifications. And, it is advantageous, for liability reasons, to adhere to the state qualification program. Now, do you really think that tyhe PCSO would reinstagte the 23 yard state if it went to 9x19mm? If so, I have a Bridge in NTC for sale.

"Oh and we make the agency run, not the sheriff." I love hour naivete. You are a political appointee of an elected constitutional officer. Your term of office ends when the Sheriff's does. That is why you have to sworn in every four years. You have NO civil service. Do something that the Sheriff does not like and you can be terminated. The only thing that you can not be fired for, under state statute, is campaigning for the Sheriff's opponent. But, the sitting sheriff is not required to swear you in if he is reelected, nor does he have to provide a reason. If you want to have civil service and some kind of job security, I suggest you go to work for the feds or a municipality. Work for an SO and you are essentially a clone of the sheriff.
    Actually we have Civil Service plus I can sue the sheriff for wrongful dismissal. Try to keep up.

Unregistered
    First of all, thr STATE dropped the 25 yard qualifying requirement years ago. No agency in Florida is required to have a 25 yard stage in their qualifications. And, it is advantageous, for liability reasons, to adhere to the state qualification program. Now, do you really think that tyhe PCSO would reinstagte the 23 yard state if it went to 9x19mm? If so, I have a Bridge in NTC for sale.

"Oh and we make the agency run, not the sheriff." I love hour naivete. You are a political appointee of an elected constitutional officer. Your term of office ends when the Sheriff's does. That is why you have to sworn in every four years. You have NO civil service. Do something that the Sheriff does not like and you can be terminated. The only thing that you can not be fired for, under state statute, is campaigning for the Sheriff's opponent. But, the sitting sheriff is not required to swear you in if he is reelected, nor does he have to provide a reason. If you want to have civil service and some kind of job security, I suggest you go to work for the feds or a municipality. Work for an SO and you are essentially a clone of the sheriff.
    Hi stupid. I don’t know if anyone let you in on the big secret, but we don’t “swear in” every four years. We have had civil service since Rice. We cannot be fired without cause and the Sheriff does have to retain all his deputies when he wins every four years. If you want to learn something about being a deputy I suggest you try one of the Sheriff’s citizens academies, cuz you clearly know jack shit about PCSO. Your ignorance is amazing. 😂🤣😂

Unregistered
    Hi stupid. I don’t know if anyone let you in on the big secret, but we don’t “swear in” every four years. We have had civil service since Rice. We cannot be fired without cause and the Sheriff does have to retain all his deputies when he wins every four years. If you want to learn something about being a deputy I suggest you try one of the Sheriff’s citizens academies, cuz you clearly know jack shit about PCSO. Your ignorance is amazing. 😂🤣😂
    Sorry, but you do not have civil service. When the legislature set up the Unified Personnel Board and later amended it, the Sheriff was not included. He and his office are still not included under statute. For a while the Sheriff's office participated in the Board, but has since left the board and civil service status has never applied to the members of the agency. You may have an employment contract, with the Sheriff, but not civil service.

Under statute, the Sheriff does not have to retain all of the deputies after election. He is simply prohibited from not retaining deputies who engage in legal, off-duty political activities. He is free to not retain anyone else that he chooses. It then becomes the responsibility of the former deputy to prove that he was not retained due to such legal political activity. And, though all deputies are supposed to be personally sworn in by the Sheriff, or his official designee, some agencies simply fill out the bonding notice and forward it to the state. Being sworn is required because the deputy does not work for a political subdivision, such as a municipality or a county, but rather for an individual, constitutional officer, the Sheriff. And, just as the sheriff is required to be sworn in when he assumes office and when he is returned to office through reelection, his deputy clones also have to be sworn in to their positions. Otherwise, they have no authority to enforce the law or make arrests.

Maybe you should take a closer look at exactly what employment protections you have and where they come from.

Unregistered
    Actually we have Civil Service plus I can sue the sheriff for wrongful dismissal. Try to keep up.
    So, where does this "civil service" protection come from? Statute or an employment contract with the sheriff?

Unregistered
    Qualifying at the range vs shooting fast and accurately under stressful emergency conditions are two vastly different scenarios. That's why it is importune to issue the pistol which has the best ergonomics to obtain the best control and accuracy under fire.
    While this sounds reasonable, it fails to explain the LEOs who miss 70-80% of their shoots, during a gunfight, who are using GLOCK 17s and 19s, M&Ps, and other firearms. Might it be that the handgun has very little to do with hitting your target? Might it be that training and practice are actually far more important than the pistol used in learning to shoot accurately under high stress conditions?

Good try, though.

Unregistered
    So, where does this "civil service" protection come from? Statute or an employment contract with the sheriff?
    From the state because a state labor judge acts as the arbiter in case of a complaint against the sheriff. Been there, done that.

We don't swear in every 4 years either. Never have.

People should educate themselves before they spew off what they know very little about.

Unregistered
    While this sounds reasonable, it fails to explain the LEOs who miss 70-80% of their shoots, during a gunfight, who are using GLOCK 17s and 19s, M&Ps, and other firearms. Might it be that the handgun has very little to do with hitting your target? Might it be that training and practice are actually far more important than the pistol used in learning to shoot accurately under high stress conditions?

Good try, though.
    You are confused between ergonomics for better pistol control vs. practice time. One has nothing to do with the other but both are equally important. Here we are talking about pistol ergonomics because that is the issue which needs to be fixed.

Now the argument can be made that 9 mm ammo is cheaper than .45 thereby allowing for more practice.

Unregistered
    Sorry, but you do not have civil service. When the legislature set up the Unified Personnel Board and later amended it, the Sheriff was not included. He and his office are still not included under statute. For a while the Sheriff's office participated in the Board, but has since left the board and civil service status has never applied to the members of the agency. You may have an employment contract, with the Sheriff, but not civil service.

Under statute, the Sheriff does not have to retain all of the deputies after election. He is simply prohibited from not retaining deputies who engage in legal, off-duty political activities. He is free to not retain anyone else that he chooses. It then becomes the responsibility of the former deputy to prove that he was not retained due to such legal political activity. And, though all deputies are supposed to be personally sworn in by the Sheriff, or his official designee, some agencies simply fill out the bonding notice and forward it to the state. Being sworn is required because the deputy does not work for a political subdivision, such as a municipality or a county, but rather for an individual, constitutional officer, the Sheriff. And, just as the sheriff is required to be sworn in when he assumes office and when he is returned to office through reelection, his deputy clones also have to be sworn in to their positions. Otherwise, they have no authority to enforce the law or make arrests.

Maybe you should take a closer look at exactly what employment protections you have and where they come from.
    They come from policy and a long standing contract dumbass. You’re the same little ***** who keeps posting like you know everything and the some. You don’t work here, you’ve never worked here and you are clueless. Maybe you should stop trying to be a Google expert on everything. You are a fraud talking out your ass and full of BS. Funny thing, I’ve been through three sheriffs but only sworn in once. 🤷🏻*♂️ Have a nice day and go f#%k yourself nerd.

Unregistered
    They come from policy and a long standing contract dumbass. You’re the same little ***** who keeps posting like you know everything and the some. You don’t work here, you’ve never worked here and you are clueless. Maybe you should stop trying to be a Google expert on everything. You are a fraud talking out your ass and full of BS. Funny thing, I’ve been through three sheriffs but only sworn in once. 🤷🏻*♂️ Have a nice day and go f#%k yourself nerd.
    So, no Civil Service legislation. It is all based upon a contractual agreement with the Sheriff. Thank you for proving me to be correct, again.

Well, you should have been sworn in, as a deputy, upon the Sheriff assuming his current four year term of office. That is why deputies are called sworn law enforcement officers. However, as I said, before, a few sheriffs do not physically swear in their deputies, choosing to merely send the requisite paper work to Tallahassee.

Unregistered
    You are confused between ergonomics for better pistol control vs. practice time. One has nothing to do with the other but both are equally important. Here we are talking about pistol ergonomics because that is the issue which needs to be fixed.

Now the argument can be made that 9 mm ammo is cheaper than .45 thereby allowing for more practice.
    The ergonomics argument is offset by the benefits obtained from slightly better ergonomics for a very few people against the huge financial cost of achieving such extremely limited benefits. The same ergonomics argument can be made for switching from the GLOCK, with its unnatural grip angle to a weap0n with a more natural grip angle [one emulating the 1911]. But, ergonomics is not your concern. For some unfathomable reason, you simply must have a weapon chambered in 9x19mm, no matter what the cost to the agency or the publlic.

Even with a shift to chealler ammo, it is unlikely that the agency would offer more training and practice time. Historically, departments only do this when forced to by such things as lawsuits from victims of stray LE rounds.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast