Is the .45 someone’s compensation for......you know? - Page 25
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The extra capacity of a 9mm was certainly welcomed in that alley when accuracy and speed were critical
    When accuracy and speed are critical and are accomplished effectively, you do not need a high capacity magazine. Unless you are facing numerous assailants, the only use for a high capacity mag is to spray and pray. And, if I was to restrict myself to torso shots, I would certainly wwant the largest bullet possible to increase blood loss.

Unregistered
    When accuracy and speed are critical and are accomplished effectively, you do not need a high capacity magazine. Unless you are facing numerous assailants, the only use for a high capacity mag is to spray and pray. And, if I was to restrict myself to torso shots, I would certainly wwant the largest bullet possible to increase blood loss.
    You’ve never shot anyone in your life. Go BS someone else *****.

Unregistered
    Issue that bed wetter a BB gun and a bowl of Apple Jacks so he will STFU already

Unregistered
    You’ve never shot anyone in your life. Go BS someone else *****.
    Got the crystal ball working again, I see. But, is it accurate?

Unregistered
    Do you read the local news? How about when there are two suspects approaching, one armed with an AR and the other with a semi-auto pistol? Think you might need a few extra rounds then? Ever hear of hollow point bullets for better stopping power?

Unregistered
    If you are facing a pistol and an AR, and are in the open, you are SCREWED. Remember the 1986 FBI shootout in Miami? Of course, you are assuming that you will actually land effective shots on target, even though 75-80% of the rounds fired, by LEOs, miss their target. Now, maybe you will land all of your shots on target. I certainly hope so. Otherwise you will be DRT.

Now, the standard magazine capacity on the GLOCK 17 [9x19mm] is 17 rounds. The standard capacity on the GLOCK 21 is 13 rounds. So, will those additional 4 rounds actually make any difference? Maybe. Then again, maybe not. It all depends upon how long it takes for the wounds to incapacitate your assailant and how much damage he can do in that time frame.

Personally, when we are talking about the difference of 4 rounds out of a 17 round magazine, I do not see a big advantage to the larger capacity round. It is a different story when you are comparing 13-17 rounds to 6 or 7 rounds. In that case, that is doubling your magazine capacity.
    If you have 3 magazines, that's 12 extra rounds with the 9 mm. That's a big difference and could save your life or keep the assailants at bay until more help arrives. Also Curry had the training, the suspects did not, so he won the day and came out alive and well.

If you want to learn about the Miami FBI shootout watch Paul Harrell's video on YouTube.

Unregistered
    Glock 21 with 3 mags and one in the pipe = 40.

Glock 45 with 3 mags and one in the pipe = 52.

.45 and 9mm have negligible differences. One is faster, one is heavier. Their ballistic gel patterns are close in wound vortex.

The Glock 45 does not kick as much and has a smaller grip.

What is there to even debate about. Glock 45 is the champion of Glocks and SWAT approved.

Unregistered
    The shooting the other day was it a 9 or 45

Unregistered
    The shooting the other day was it a 9 or 45
    10 millimeter.

Unregistered
    Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Better than any pistol or AR.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast