Is the .45 someone’s compensation for......you know? - Page 24
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Just a question." This was not JUST a question. The first post made it clear that the OP, if that was you, not mmerely questioning whether the agency should change back to the 9x19mm but was a veritable demand that such action be taken immediately. Once the argument for the change were discussed and largely dismissed, you are walking this back to the agency should have a "study" done so that the employees can express their preference. WHAT? All you have you do is have your union circulate a survey and present it to the Sheriff. However, you know very well that this will accomplish nothing. The agency made its choice, purchased the weapons and ammo and is not going to eat that expense because a small percentage of the employees "prefer" to carry the 9x19mm round, for some unknown reason.

As for load-bearing vests, that is ludicrous, unless you are Tony the Tactical Tiger and simply want the vest because you can't wear camo. Cops won't even wear bullet resistant vests for their shift, a piece of equipment that has saved the life if more than a few LEOs. So, a few gung ho spec op wannabes will wear the tac vests and the rest will lay in the trunk of the patrol car on top of the ballistic vest.

Some of you guys are pathetic. I guess that your wage scale and benefits are just too good. I suppose that having to contribute to your pension and have reduced pension benefits is what you really want. I suppose being treated like dog s**t by the media and the politicians is fine with you. The fact that with a starting salary of $48,000, for a sworn deputy, the department is still way under staffed is no big deal, for you. Instead we have complaints like having to wear low quarters instead of boots, campaign hats instead of Stetsons when you direct traffic, having to direct traffic, etc. Worry about the big stuff; job security, wages, benefits and retirement benefits. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    We are anything but understaffed moron. Our people wear vests, load bearing vests aren’t a deal breaker. And .45’s work fine, obviously the comparison bothered you. Stef, is that you? You’re all psycho now. Well always. You just love to read your own bullshit, don’t you. Our pay is high, our benefits are strong and our retirement is secure. As usual you don’t k ow shit about PCSO. Please go back to impressing the range vultures at the WAC with your stories of old. No one cares what you think anymore and you just can’t handle it, can you? Guess what? No one cared what you thought when you were a cop either.

Unregistered
    We are anything but understaffed moron. Our people wear vests, load bearing vests aren’t a deal breaker. And .45’s work fine, obviously the comparison bothered you. Stef, is that you? You’re all psycho now. Well always. You just love to read your own bullshit, don’t you. Our pay is high, our benefits are strong and our retirement is secure. As usual you don’t k ow shit about PCSO. Please go back to impressing the range vultures at the WAC with your stories of old. No one cares what you think anymore and you just can’t handle it, can you? Guess what? No one cared what you thought when you were a cop either.
    Actually, every LEA in the country is understaffed. Just because the agency eliminates sworn officer positions does not mean that those positions are not necessary. No, do your uniform officers actually wear their bullet resistant vests for their entire shift? Or, like a lot of agencies are they just carrying it in the trunk? PCSO does NOT require that uniform deputies actually wear the vest at all times. If you are in the FRS, then you will be happy to know that the Legislature reduced the department contribution back in 2009 by 6%. They then required employees contribute 3%. Do the math. There is a yearly shortfall, which may significantly reduce employee retirement benefits in the next decade. Yes,, your pay is high, now. Next year, who knows. The same with benefits.

You are right, no one rally cares what I have to say. Of course, no one in your agency really cares what YOU have to say, either. That is why the OP went public with this grip circumference complaint. because, no one inside the agency is about to change the pistols issued. Take my advice. pay attention to what is important, not what pistol the agency issuers.

Unregistered
    Triggered much??? Lol. 🙄
    Safe spaces are available!!!! Hahahaha

Unregistered
    Triggered much??? Lol. 🙄
    What a ***** ass millennial comeback. Trigger this asshole 🖕

Unregistered
    There is no shortage of applicants plus half the jail wants to transfer to patrol so the pay and benefits are just fine. There is no staff shortage, no crisis, only a few minor issues which should be addressed, like vests and issue pistol. These will be fixed in due time.

Unregistered
    Sorry, but this is not true. Civil Service comes from legislative action, not judicial action. Judges can not declare, read as make-up, civil service protections except without legislation establishing such. Labor judges can rule on whether a party to a labor agreement is in violation of parts of that agreement. But, this dies not establish any Civil Service system or Civil Services protection.

I find it difficult to believe that your SO has never sworn its deputies. Up until 2000, mass swearing ins were pretty much the rule in Florida SOs. And, of course back in the good old days, Sheriffs routinely swore in all of the sworn deputies right after they were sworn in themselves. But, I did say, in my previous post that some SOs no longer do this, choosing to simply send the required paperwork to Tallahassee.

So, thank you for once again supporting my information.
    Pinellas County Sheriff’s Deputies are guaranteed civil service protection via the county charter. It’s codified in Pinellas County Ordinance Ch 72. One again your information is INCORRECT.

https://library.municode.com/fl/pine...E_S74-61CHCOOF

Unregistered
    When two suspects come at you armed with an AR and a pistol there is no such thing as having too many rounds in your pistol. Something to think about.

Unregistered
    The extra capacity of a 9mm was certainly welcomed in that alley when accuracy and speed were critical

Unregistered
    There is no shortage of applicants plus half the jail wants to transfer to patrol so the pay and benefits are just fine. There is no staff shortage, no crisis, only a few minor issues which should be addressed, like vests and issue pistol. These will be fixed in due time.
    Actually, there is a shortage of qualified applicants, throughout sworn law enforcement, and there has been for nearly 20 years. That is why the standards for hiring have been so greatly reduced. Now we allow drug users and petty criminals to hold sworn LE positions in this state. And, Detention needs bodies as much as the road patrol does. So don't look for any significant transfers there.

PCSO's salary structure is quite good, at the moment. But, that is subject to change. A sudden downturn in county tax revenues could see employees having to accept a reduction in salary or face lay-offs. It has happened before.

I see that you ignored the current state pension plan problems. Trust me when I tell you that a solid pension is a very good thing to have down the road.

Also, do not forget insurance benefits. Insurance is expensive. And the department's group insurance plan(s) are controlled exclusively by the sheriff. Coverage and employee premium responsibility can and does change.

These are all big ticket items. and changes kin them can seriously affect agency employees. Get laid off and you can lose your house. So, keep worrying about pistols and load bearing vests. It is always a good thing to have your priorities straight.

Unregistered
    When two suspects come at you armed with an AR and a pistol there is no such thing as having too many rounds in your pistol. Something to think about.
    If you are facing a pistol and an AR, and are in the open, you are SCREWED. Remember the 1986 FBI shootout in Miami? Of course, you are assuming that you will actually land effective shots on target, even though 75-80% of the rounds fired, by LEOs, miss their target. Now, maybe you will land all of your shots on target. I certainly hope so. Otherwise you will be DRT.

Now, the standard magazine capacity on the GLOCK 17 [9x19mm] is 17 rounds. The standard capacity on the GLOCK 21 is 13 rounds. So, will those additional 4 rounds actually make any difference? Maybe. Then again, maybe not. It all depends upon how long it takes for the wounds to incapacitate your assailant and how much damage he can do in that time frame.

Personally, when we are talking about the difference of 4 rounds out of a 17 round magazine, I do not see a big advantage to the larger capacity round. It is a different story when you are comparing 13-17 rounds to 6 or 7 rounds. In that case, that is doubling your magazine capacity.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast