Shift Swapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shift Swapping

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    IA is a lynch squad? Wow, that's a new one. They are fact finders only and have nothing to do with discipline.
    Fact finders my azz. If they are looking to burn someone they will do just that, absent the fact there was no wrongdoing on the person”s part.

Unregistered
    They typically get the facts and then work hard to protect those who they found out are at fault, AKA "People in the Network", these are normally the people that were not investigated initially... If you are one of the chosen you are fine and will be protected. If you have integrity they will get rid of you. It has happened many times, review the closed IA files and see what they have covered up to save some higher ups... Felonies were committed, lies were told, and they turn a blind eye, but don't commit a minor violation because they will rail road you...
    You are spot dead on with this post. Anyone that says otherwise is an idiot.

Unregistered
    IA is a lynch squad? Wow, that's a new one. They are fact finders only and have nothing to do with discipline.
    1. You mean fact fakers.
    2. I don’t think this is new information.
    3. It’s a lynching because IA doesn’t stick to the accusation. If a deputy is accused of X, then only X should be investigated. Instead, when a deputy is accused for example, of cussing at a citizen, then only the actual incident should be in play. Instead, IA will pull GPS, Kronos, DAVID, MDT traffic, emails, address verification sheets, yadda yadda yadda, in hopes of finding other offenses. That way, If it turns out said deputy didn’t actually cuss at the citizen, the person who ordered the hit can say, “Well Said Deputy, it turns out you didn’t cuss at the lying citizen who we aren’t going to punish for false allegations. Unfortunately, during the course of our investigation, we found that on the night of 11/17/2010, your front tire crossed out of your zone 38 seconds before your shift ended. Because of that, we have no choice but to suspend you a week without pay even though this has absolutely nothing to to at all with anything but we had to get you on something.” See now that works?

Unregistered
    Why can’t we shift swap like the fire department does? It would allow deputies to take time off and still have their spot covered. And why not allow people to alter their hours for doctor’s appointments and things that come up? Right now, if I have an appointment, or if my child does, I have to burn that time. That is time no one is working in my area. Why can’t I just come in late and work late? We are hurting for manpower on the road. Deputies are struggling to get off on time, so why not allow them to work late if they have to?
    This is a great post. Outside of the box solutions and other jobs and career management have mastered long ago. Heaven forbid this agency applies them.

Unregistered
    My kid works at Chick Fil A and they do that. Maybe you should apply.
    I bet you a Chick Fil A manager deals with and handles way more things ours do. Hire, fire, train, ever changing schedule, weekly changing time card, call people in, and so on.

Here, recruitment hires, IA and a brass manager fires, the schedule and time card is always the same, and so on..

Unregistered
    It’s probably all you wee little mind can conceive.

Unregistered
    Speaking of trains, anybody know how Chino is doing?

Ok, back to shift swapping... lol
    I see what you did there...

Unregistered
    That’s exactly the point. Life happens, and we are already short on the road. If person A has to take off a day, why can’t he switch with person B to get that day filled? This way, the shift is covered and everyone is happy. If my child has a school play, and I can’t come in until 2100 that night, why can’t I stay until 0900 or come in at 1500 the next day? Again, we are short deputies, and there are people at this office who would prefer to work rather than burn their own time. There are zone partners who would rather have person B in person A’s spot rather than have no one. We are so quick to spend money on open zones, but no one wants to fill the zones with people who are willing and able to work. This makes no sense. The SOPs are antiquated and need to catch up with our future forward patches.
    We are equipment. Just numbers. And they wonder why we have the problems that we do. No one truly naturally likes or enjoys this job. We all put on a show to prevent retaliation. Because we need the money and Benefits. This agency can learn from even the smallest of companies.

Unregistered
    1. You mean fact fakers.
    2. I don’t think this is new information.
    3. It’s a lynching because IA doesn’t stick to the accusation. If a deputy is accused of X, then only X should be investigated. Instead, when a deputy is accused for example, of cussing at a citizen, then only the actual incident should be in play. Instead, IA will pull GPS, Kronos, DAVID, MDT traffic, emails, address verification sheets, yadda yadda yadda, in hopes of finding other offenses. That way, If it turns out said deputy didn’t actually cuss at the citizen, the person who ordered the hit can say, “Well Said Deputy, it turns out you didn’t cuss at the lying citizen who we aren’t going to punish for false allegations. Unfortunately, during the course of our investigation, we found that on the night of 11/17/2010, your front tire crossed out of your zone 38 seconds before your shift ended. Because of that, we have no choice but to suspend you a week without pay even though this has absolutely nothing to to at all with anything but we had to get you on something.” See now that works?
    Great post. This is exactly how they do business. Like a bunch of communists. Thats why, regardless of the fake act, we all hate this place.

Unregistered
    Great post. This is exactly how they do business. Like a bunch of communists. Thats why, regardless of the fake act, we all hate this place.
    And if you truly truly do not agree, its a form of Stockholm syndrome. I believe that to my very core. This toxic agency is garbage.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast